Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi 

Hmmmm, you've got me curious now. My gut says it won't stamp well, but I also thought that about Zoya Aspen before I tried it, and that's one of my well known faves around here now. Will have to give it a shot!

I was looking at nail polishes this past week and my eye zoomed in on some nail art (on the dear sundays blog) that looked like my speed - easy peasy, that is - so I took inspiration from it and this is what resulted:

5.6.2021 dots.jpg5.6.2021 dots tools.jpg

Polish: Anchor & Heart Lacquer Mermaid Tears (this is root beer scented and makes me crave a root beer float)

Nail Art: tenoverten Prince and Nails Inc. Real Peaches Only Hot Fuzz (from the NAILS INC. Kiss My Peach Duo Nail Set Hot Fuzz/Peach Tease - it smells subtly of peaches). I pulled apart a paperclip to do the dots because ... easy peasy, remember? lol.

Top Coat: Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat

Super simple but I'm easing back into taking better care of my nails and nail art, so "easy peasy" and "super simple" are perfect for me. 😉👍💅

@itsfi  Love these easy nails!! So simple yet gorgeous!

Thank you @ather😃 I'll try more sophisticated looks . . . eventually. 🤣 For now, baby steps. 

@itsfi - Your nail art and tool are right up my alley!  💖💖💖

Thank you @Titian06😁 I realize I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to my nails so I have to trick myself by easing into it or finding something simple so that I don't get frustrated. And now, I have a new use for paper clips. 😂  

@itsfi 

Ahhhh, that is super adorable! I always try and make sure my dots are lined up or centered just so, but rarely succeed lol...going random with them is an awesome solution! I love this, and the colors you picked! 🧡💜

@RGbrown, your nail art dots are perfect! 😍 But I get what you mean - centering things, be it dots, lines or anything else that needs to be just so can stymie me so this whole negative space, random placement approach to nail art appeals to me, even if I'm late to the trend. 😆

@itsfi 

Pshaw, my dots are rarely even or centered, though one still shot rarely captures that accurately (thankfully lolol). Random placement is a great trend!

Zoya's Summer collection is up for pre-order, now through 5/14!

$49.99 for the set of 6, includes Z-Wide brushes and free shipping.

If I wasn't trying to be mindful of polish purchases, I'd snap this set up in a heart beat just because I love the brand, but honestly, I can probably get close to most of these in my collection already. That shimmer though 😍

zoya dreamin collaction.png

Ohhh!!! These are beautiful @RGbrown! 😍 And with their wide brushes?!!!

"mindful of polish purchases" - I like that! I need to be mindful, too. 😬 It's harder than it sounds though, especially with some great summer releases like this Zoya collection! 💅

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 10.31.22 AM.png

Light's Lacquer, Let Them Eat Cake! & 99% Angel 

@vee95  This is such a perfect peach colour. I love the added sparkle!

@ather Thank you so much! 

@vee95 

This looks great; I love that peach on you (and a pop of sparkle is always a fantastic addition)! 

Thank you! I always have to add a little pop of sparkle! 

@vee95, this is gorgeous - your manicure and photo! 😍 Spring cheer all in one mani! 

Thank you so much! 😊

It’s been awhile since I’ve painted my nails. Zoya Pixiedust in Ginny, Ilamasqua Pink Raindrops as accent, NAILS INC. NAILKALE - Superfood Base Coat Base Coat , NAILS INC. Retinol 45 Second Top Coat .

A128D615-CDF5-4BE7-810D-BFCE4C960720.jpeg

@lnum  Those are beautiful colours! I love the sparkle! 

@lnum 

Ooohhh, so sparkly! 😍 I love both of those!

testing