Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Daisy is a pretty yellow @RGbrown💛 Whenever I see your yellow manicures, it makes me want to pull out my yellows, which I don't often do or have the inkling to do because of how streaky most yellow polishes apply. I'm looking at Zoya Daisy here and thinking "maybe you should give a yellow another try?" 🤔 Maybe. Off to stare at my polishes . . . 😂

@itsfi 

Hahahaha, I totally understand! It looks so nice, but can be soooo frustrating to get right 😣 Go for it! 😂

My red mani has spawned a rainbow series, so next up is orange 🧡

Julep Summer is a soft orange, sherbet toned, with a subtle bit of pink shimmer running throughout. Two coats here; ordinarily I would have added a third for more opacity, but when you don't sit down to paint until 1:15am, time and patience are both a bit short lol. 

IMG_20210502_120426577.jpg

@RGbrown  This orange is perfect! 

@ather 

Thanks so much! 🧡

So funny my last 2 manis were orange and red and I decided to follow the rainbow too! Although I’m going out of order haha currently wearing green next is yellow lol

@SAlyFitz 

Yay rainbow twins! 🌈

@RGbrown This is such a gorgeous color!

@SportyGirly125 

Thanks so much! 🧡

@RGbrown, I’m horribly picky about orange polishes but this Julep Summer gets a 👍🏼 from me! 🧡 

Love your idea for a rainbow series! 😍 Just a FYI, my 5-year old niece has consistently made clear to me that pink and sparkle are also colors of the rainbow. 😂 Both colors follow purple. Just thought that might be of interest for your rainbow manicure series. 😉 

@itsfi 

Your niece and I would be best buds, as I've already set out both a pink and a sparkle to complete the set 😂🌈

Yes, best buds indeed @RGbrown! She’s with me today for some after school care. I showed her your red and orange manicures 💅🏼 and told her you were doing a rainbow series. 🌈  She asked “with pink and sparkle?” I said “yes” and let her know you had picked out the pink and sparkle polishes too. This was met with a huge grin and an “I’m so excited.”  She also sends this your way - 

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜💖💫

@itsfi 

😳 Eek! Now I know my nail game has to be oN pOiNt...kids are tough critics! 😂

Seriously though, awwww, I'm happy she's excited about it, and I hope she loves them! It adds a little extra excitement for me too, knowing she's watching 🥰

🌈🎉💕

@itsfi - That's too cute!  🦄🧸🌈

@Titian06, IKR?!! 😂 It’s been 2-3 years now since rainbows 🌈 have included pink and sparkle. 💖 

I generally wind up saving red for holidays for some reason, but this felt like as good a time as any to dress up a classic shade ❤️

Base color is Kiko Holiday Gems 001

A gorgeous red shimmer, smooth and easy, not too brush-strokey, full opacity with just one coat! I did two coats because just one seems sacrilegious to me, but the second wasn't necessary at all, really. (I bet this would be fantastic for stamping too!)

Shimmer is nice and all, but I wanted to dress it up a bit more, so I ombréd a little Morgan Taylor Rare As Rubies down from the tips. This is a mix of various sizes of red glitter in a jelly red base; I don't think it'll ever go opaque on its own, as the base is too sheer and the glitter is too sparse, but it makes a fantastic topper here

IMG_20210429_124914469.jpg

@RGbrown  I think red nails look so glamorous! Need to wear them more often! 

@ather 

Yeeesss, pull out those reds! ❤️

@RGbrown, I love a good red mani, and this is most definitely a good red mani! 💅🏼 Stunning!! ♥️

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! Red really is a great year-round color ❤️

@RGbrown - Your red mani stopped me in my tracks as I was perusing BIC thread--absolutely gorgeous!  ❤😍

testing