Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

nailart.jpg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: RE: Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thanks 

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@howconnie so pretty and festive!

Thanks

My red mani has spawned a rainbow series, so next up is orange 🧡

Julep Summer is a soft orange, sherbet toned, with a subtle bit of pink shimmer running throughout. Two coats here; ordinarily I would have added a third for more opacity, but when you don't sit down to paint until 1:15am, time and patience are both a bit short lol. 

IMG_20210502_120426577.jpg

@RGbrown  This orange is perfect! 

@ather 

Thanks so much! 🧡

So funny my last 2 manis were orange and red and I decided to follow the rainbow too! Although I’m going out of order haha currently wearing green next is yellow lol

@SAlyFitz 

Yay rainbow twins! 🌈

@RGbrown This is such a gorgeous color!

@SportyGirly125 

Thanks so much! 🧡

@RGbrown, I’m horribly picky about orange polishes but this Julep Summer gets a 👍🏼 from me! 🧡 

Love your idea for a rainbow series! 😍 Just a FYI, my 5-year old niece has consistently made clear to me that pink and sparkle are also colors of the rainbow. 😂 Both colors follow purple. Just thought that might be of interest for your rainbow manicure series. 😉 

@itsfi 

Your niece and I would be best buds, as I've already set out both a pink and a sparkle to complete the set 😂🌈

Yes, best buds indeed @RGbrown! She’s with me today for some after school care. I showed her your red and orange manicures 💅🏼 and told her you were doing a rainbow series. 🌈  She asked “with pink and sparkle?” I said “yes” and let her know you had picked out the pink and sparkle polishes too. This was met with a huge grin and an “I’m so excited.”  She also sends this your way - 

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜💖💫

@itsfi 

😳 Eek! Now I know my nail game has to be oN pOiNt...kids are tough critics! 😂

Seriously though, awwww, I'm happy she's excited about it, and I hope she loves them! It adds a little extra excitement for me too, knowing she's watching 🥰

🌈🎉💕

@itsfi - That's too cute!  🦄🧸🌈

@Titian06, IKR?!! 😂 It’s been 2-3 years now since rainbows 🌈 have included pink and sparkle. 💖 

Got my second shot yesterday, so I came home and celebrated with two of my faves: purple and holo! 💜

Purple: Kiko Power Pro 048

A gorgeous deep purple, dark and rich, vampy without being so dark that it reads as black. Two coats, mostly easy, though I did have to be careful on a couple to avoid streaks. I've generally been happy with Kiko polishes, and this one is no exception! (These are on sale for $3, and free ship at $25...just sayin'...🤭)

Pinky and index are topped with Pampered Polish Schitty Ideas, and the other three are topped with Revlon Holographic Pearls

IMG_20210424_140337001.jpg

IMG_20210424_140547502_HDR.jpg

I left a couple bare on this hand just for a swatch shot

I love how you can clearly see the deep, vampy purple in that Kiko polish @RGbrown! 💜 I like a good black polish as well but it’s nice when the color comes through a deep shade and it doesn’t just look black or dark. Adding Kiko to my list; I’ve not been doing a very good job of keeping up with my list. Will have to do better this month. 😉 

@itsfi 

Yup, I've got a similar bias against "so dark it may as well be black" shades...in that case, I'll just wear black 😋 This one was a nice balance though...dark, but not nearly-black 💜

Oooo La La very nice.

Thank you @tjffc💖

1 Reply