Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thank you! It wore very well too I love when they lash lol!

@SAlyFitz 

Such a pretty peach; it looks great! 💕

Thank you!!🥰

Speaking of Zoya @itsfi, just got this email

zoya price increase.png

I find the "up to 300%" to border on fear-mongering, especially since they don't disclose the new price, but taking advantage of the current Earth Month promo now might not be a terrible idea if you are interested in polish...

Speaking of, I don't think I ever posted their Earth Month deal, oops!

50% off 6 or more bottles, no limit. GWP wyb at least 12. Shipping is $5. If you want to send back old polishes (you don't have to), they've got instructions and the address on their site.

Code GREEN, valid through May 2

zoya earth day sale.png

I work in the paints/coatings industry and can confirm that raw material costs are bad this year. Anyone needing these raws for their products will 100% have to have price increases. @RGbrown 

@sabrinas 

Yikes, that's terrible to hear, but thanks for the info!

Oh my goodness!!! Thank you, thank you for the tag @RGbrown! 🤗 About the “up to 300% increase” that seems just a bit over the top. 🙄😐 The wide brush offer in the Earth Month deal is enticing; I do like their wide brushes very much. 

@itsfi 

I noticed Ulta went up to $10.50 a few months ago; since Ulta uses MSRP, I've actually been watching for Zoya to up their price too. I'm not sure I'd place bets on that being the new price after that cryptic email, but maybe we'll be lucky and that's as high as they'll go. Although the new neon collection shades are $11, so maybe that's a better indicator (they come with wide brushes though, which was Zoya's explanation for the higher price).

I love their wide brushes too! I've managed to accumulate enough for all of my creams, but still want to upgrade the rest of my Zoyas to have one. Sadly, that's some ridiculous number like 98 😮🤭

I built a cart, but think I'm gonna stand strong and pass; I'm still holding out for a sitewide deal!

I've been a big fan of Zoya Aspen for stamping for a while now, but for some reason hadn't ever tried any of my others from the same matte velvet line up until now, and holy begeezus, they are stunning 😍 I'm definitely going to have to pick up the three shades I'm missing at some point!

Base: Ciate Iced Frappe

A cool toned taupe with just a hint of mauvey-pink, and I think this works pretty well for me as a nude base. Two coats, easy peasy, no streaks or gloopiness.

Stamping done with Zoya Amal (red) and Iris (purple) 💜❤️💜❤️

Watermark_1618611380346.png

@RGbrown  Wow!!! These are perfect!!

@ather 

Thanks so much! I really enjoyed this set, and miss it now that it's gone

That looks bomb, @RGbrown!

@CookieGirl1 

Thanks so much! 💜

Gorgeous @RGbrown! 😍 The Ciate looks good on your nails! Loving both those Zoya polishes! ♥️💜

Hmmm... all I need now is a good sale involving their polish remover and polishes. 

@itsfi 

I swear, I've about given up on a good Zoya sale; while I was in Five Below grabbing polish, I picked up some pure acetone to make more of the faux-Zoya remover I've been using of late. It works great, for sure, but I really miss Remove+ at the same time 😞

3F6FDDF2-9ECC-482A-89A5-C9366C628BE6.jpeg

CA09278A-8C9A-4D5F-9D1B-B68378D59CB4.jpeg

Second dip mani with revel liquids and the white dip powder, red dip powder is kiara sky I got on clearance from what’s up nails probably about a year ago and am just now using 😑 I have been obsessed with nails lately and really need to stop bc I have like 4 makeup bags full of unused colors. I mean true to my hoarder form as it’s only one category of items I have a ridiculous stock - but you all will see me back posting in the budgeting thread bc March was crazy and April needs work! Anywho - @itsfi  my last dip didn’t last 10 days and started chipping on day 2 but I have hopes for this second one since I’ve educated myself on the process! Will update you again! These colors were chosen by my boyfriend I asked him what color I should do and he said red and white for Milwaukee tools that’s he’s recently been obsessed with 😶😶 next time remind me not to ask for his input hahaha💅🏼❤️🤍

@SAlyFitz  Loving the red and white!!

@SAlyFitz, your nails look great! 😍 Your boyfriend’s inspiration for these shades cracked me up. 😂 They worked out beautifully. Definitely keep us posted on how these last. 

4 makeup bags of unused polished?? That just means more nail looks waiting to be created. Excited to see what you do! 💅🏼 

Thank you! Lol so far it’s day 3 and no chips 🤞🏼🙌🏼 I started following quite a few different nail groups on fb for inspo! When the pandemic first hit and we were quarantined I was doing weekly manis and hope to get back to atleast biweekly❤️🙏🏽💅🏼 It is just good for my soul to look down at them taken care of!

@SAlyFitz, I get that. At the beginning of the shelter in place, I had a routine for makeup and nails. It was very nice to have that consistency with things up on the air. I’ve since become a lot more lax with both and need to jump start that. I smiled when I read your comment about it being good for your soul to see well manicured hands - that’s a great motivator and inspiration! ♥️

Seriously whatever works right like healthy ways to be happier! Okay sooo day 8 my polish didn’t chip however I did break a nail causing my dip to crack... I don’t attribute it to the products but the user - I was opening new baby toys and didn’t grab the scissors soo really the mani and products so far are receiving top notch reviews... I need to be less lazy! I ended up gluing the chipped polish back onto my nail (bc it broke in one piece) the just filing down to where my real nail was for durability. I put a regular top coat on to increase shine and hopefully longevity but day 9 and other than my booboo, perfect!

image.jpg

1 Reply
testing