Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! โค๏ธ  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Ahhh, thank you @RGbrown! I was so lost when mentioned vinyl. I feel like I may have picked up a set of stamps or maybe stickers and it came with a set of the zig zags / lines. I'll take a quick peek (it's never a quick peek) into what I have already and then maybe move onto What's Up Nails. ๐Ÿ˜ Oh yes, waiting for the base to dry completely. I have the hardest time with that.

@itsfi 

Yup, I know the struggle! Vinyls aren't hard, just time consuming ๐Ÿคจ I usually do my base, then distract myself with an episode or two of whatever I'm watching, then come back in with the vinyls an hour or so later. 

That's a great idea @RGbrown! May have to give that a shot...once these nails grow back a little - another 2 have bit the dust. I'm just on a roll here. ๐Ÿคฃ

Those are really good ideas @itsfi @RGbrown thank you! Yes those are incredible skills for sure RG! ๐Ÿ’žDefinitely so artistic! Do you have a list of ideas to try or just wing it as the spirit moves?! 

@Sunnysmom 

I do a bit of both...sometimes I've got several manis planned out at once, bottles pulled and waiting on my table, but other times I just go with whatever moves me in the moment. And every now and again, I hate everything and have zero inspiration ๐Ÿคฃ

I follow the r/redditlaquerista sub over on Reddit, and pull a lot of inspiration from stuff I've seen there. I haven't fallen in the IG rabbithole yet (I think I'd probably lose entire days to browsing there ๐Ÿ˜‹), but that would be another excellent source of ideas!

Sounds so fun especially since you have the talent and patience. Iโ€™m afraid I do not tho I can get obsessed when I see and feel blurbs when having my nails done. I think I can do better fine tuned โ€˜surgeryโ€™ on my own nails because I hate it if they do not! ๐Ÿ˜‚Oh my goodness @RGbrown @itsfi I truly do need a nailcare/ makeup/ skincare bible of sorts for all these new terms I am learning!  I only have some that are very old school ! Instagram is a rabbit hole until itself that is for sure. But Iโ€™m not a quitter. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿค—

Disagree ๐Ÿ’ฏ @RGbrown, yours look so beautiful ๐Ÿ˜˜. Ok I will try it. I think I can I think I can! ๐Ÿ˜€

Yaaay!!! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ We know you can @Sunnysmom!!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ You got this! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Sunnysmom 

<claps hands in anticipation>

Yay! I'm sure you'll love it, and it might even start you down a new rabbithole ๐Ÿ˜‹

Oh dear @RGbrown another rabbit hole is probably not what I need but I love the idea of course! Once I strengthen up these poor little nails of mine I will start to experiment and continue to be inspired from you guys! Thank you always for the encouragement too! ๐Ÿ˜˜ @itsfi 

@Sunnysmom 

Weaker nails just need a few layers of polish to help strengthen them, so get to it! ๐Ÿ˜‹

(Ok seriously though, that really can help!) Also, cuticle oil, multiple times a day, as often as you can remember it! Nails are like hair, they're dead material, and keeping them hydrated with oil helps keep them from drying out and getting brittle. Jojoba is best, it's the one closest to our natural sebum, and is one of the few oils that our nails can actually absorb, so look for it high up on the ingredients list, or just grab a bottle of plain old jojoba.

Also avoid water whenever possible; it soaks into nails and softens them up, splitting apart the layers of keratin, leading to dry, peeling nails. Some folks even shower with gloves! I won't go quite that far, but I do wear gloves when I'm washing dishes now, or doing much of anything with water outside of washing my hands. 

Wholeheartedly second the cuticle oil rec @Sunnysmom! Says the girl who has been derelict at applying cuticle oil with any regularity for a month or so... Eeek!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ @RGbrown ooh, good tip on the jojoba oil. 

Great thanks @itsfi ! A new excuse for a new shopping list! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค—

Just trying to be helpful @Sunnysmom๐Ÿ˜‰

You always are @itsfi and I truly appreciate you ! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—

Oh thank you so so much @RGbrown , this is great info I need. I know the few times Iโ€™ve even had a mani before all this stuff of a year (s) occurred she told me to do that very thing with more oil and I know I donโ€™t enough. I need to buy some. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ! And definitely on the 2 coats for sure. Itโ€™s so funny. Some days or weeks the left hand is good and then the right. Grrr. 

@Sunnysmom, it's a very fun rabbit hole to go down! 

alice rabbithole.gif

I hear ya on strengthening the nails. All mine are are so short now and they were hardly long to begin with. Sigh. I did pick up some pretty new polishes (I found some of the MT ones @RGbrown) so more incentive to get these nails back on point! ๐Ÿ˜€

Oh I love her! So cute @itsfi ! Do you have a favorite nail strengthener? Iโ€™m a picker too. Doesnโ€™t help! ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™ƒ

@Sunnysmom@RGbrown has amazing skills! Every mani is GOALS!!! ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿผ 

sunnysmom, you should try stamping or doing polka dots. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can. Trust. Me.

Haha @itsfi umm DOUBTFUL. Lol. And I know yours are great! But thanks for your vote of confidence. I love those little dots! Baby steps. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜˜

@RGbrown, you outdo yourself with each mani! The shift is pretty. Love the stamping!

1 Reply
testing