Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

These are so cute and simple- perfect for spring!

@key33  So pretty!

The mimosa is such a pretty touch @key33. 😍

Thanks🌼

@key33 

Those are gorgeous; I love the floral accent! 💛

Thanks!

I try many kinds of flowers!

Zoya sale! (yay and boo!)

70% off nail polish ONLY (just full size, single colors...not sets, not top/base coats)

Code MARCH, ends 3/7, $6.95 shipping regardless of order size

I am crushed that this doesn't include remover or wide brushes, as those are what I want most and have been patiently waiting for 😥

Gahhhhh!!! 😖 Happy for folks who are looking to pick up Zoya polishes @RGbrown, but a sale on that remover continues to elude us! 

Going soft and simple with a springy shade today 🌿

Starrily Catnip is a soft, slightly dusty aqua with holo micro bits and a champagne reflect that can lean towards either gold or pink depending on the lighting. I came close to stamping over it last night, but decided I just couldn't cover up such loveliness 😋 Two coats, easy peasy. Pastels/softer shades aren't on my loves list very often, but this one definitely makes the cut 😍

IMG_20210302_125405552_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210302_125510849.jpg

flash captures some of the dainty holo bits, and also shows a touch of the pink reflect

@RGbrown  These are giving me spring vibes!!! Beautiful colour!

@ather 

Thanks so much! 🌱

I like the dusty / smokiness to this color @RGbrown; it adds a very nice touch and effect to the pastel shade. 💚💙

@itsfi 

I'm slowly realizing that a lot of my faves have that hint of smoke; I find the cooler tones more interesting, and more flattering on me. Maybe I need to start working on a smoky pastel collection (erm, nope, I don't need more lol) 🤣

@RGbrown, there's something about a smoky polish. I gravitate more towards smoky jewel tones, or jewel tones in general, but smoky pastels, especially this smoky aqua, is just gorgeous. I think you are onto something with a smoky pastel collection. You can just start building that collection slowly . . .  😁

2F8CDD57-6B94-4BA6-A8C0-33BB8B802198.jpeg

@samkeaysxo, the watercolor design and colors are so pretty to look at, calming!

@samkeaysxo 

Love the watercolor look with a touch of glitter! 💙

@samkeaysxo  Beautiful nails!

Playing with some sheer yellows today! This is more of a swatch set than a real manicure...not really sure why I stamped over it, as that just obscures some of the colors for my pics, but I was bored and in the mood to play lol.

I started with a white base on all nails. Morgan Taylor Some Girls Prefer Pearls is a sheer shimmery white. Shows brush strokes if worked too much, but I've seen worse. Fairly easy to build up without messing up the layers underneath, but still somewhat sheer after three coats. It's not terrible for a white shimmer, but I always seem to like the idea of a white shimmer better than the end result. Still prefer it over a white cream though lol.

My ring finger has two coats of OPI I'm Never Amberrassed, a plain jelly yellow. I had picked this up based off the amber name, hoping it would be, well, a deeper amber, for use in a tortoiseshell look, but it's way too pale/bright, and even seems to pull greenish here next to the others. Since I have no other use I can think of for this, I may play with adding a few drops of a brown cream to it to see if I can get it closer to what I have in my head.

My middle finger is topped with three coats of Pipe Dream Polish Punch Buggy. This is more of a crelly; it almost completely blotted out the shimmer of the white underneath. A bit streaky in application, but ultimately easier than most of my other yellows...would be a great sunny summer base color for all things sparkly.

My index finger is topped with OPI Lemonade Stand By Your Man, a fun yellow shimmer that would be closer to sheer than opaque without some undies, but is oh so lovely. Two coats, easy application.

Stamped with OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue

IMG_20210301_130910338.jpg

Ohhh, shimmery white polish @RGbrown!! I usually use white cream polish for stamping because plain white cream polishes just don’t look good on my nails. I’ll add shimmery white to my list (because we all know I need to add another polish to my list. 😆

The stamping looks so good with the colors you chose! 

@itsfi 

If you want a shimmery white that also stamps well, I highly recommend Zoya Aspen! I was surprised by my stamping results with it since it's on the sheer side (I generally need three coats for full opacity), but the shimmer is packed in there, and shows really well when stamping on medium to deep toned polishes. It gives stamped images an almost ethereal quality that I really adore 💕

5 Replies
testing