Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

2F8CDD57-6B94-4BA6-A8C0-33BB8B802198.jpeg

@samkeaysxo, the watercolor design and colors are so pretty to look at, calming!

@samkeaysxo 

Love the watercolor look with a touch of glitter! 💙

@samkeaysxo  Beautiful nails!

Playing with some sheer yellows today! This is more of a swatch set than a real manicure...not really sure why I stamped over it, as that just obscures some of the colors for my pics, but I was bored and in the mood to play lol.

I started with a white base on all nails. Morgan Taylor Some Girls Prefer Pearls is a sheer shimmery white. Shows brush strokes if worked too much, but I've seen worse. Fairly easy to build up without messing up the layers underneath, but still somewhat sheer after three coats. It's not terrible for a white shimmer, but I always seem to like the idea of a white shimmer better than the end result. Still prefer it over a white cream though lol.

My ring finger has two coats of OPI I'm Never Amberrassed, a plain jelly yellow. I had picked this up based off the amber name, hoping it would be, well, a deeper amber, for use in a tortoiseshell look, but it's way too pale/bright, and even seems to pull greenish here next to the others. Since I have no other use I can think of for this, I may play with adding a few drops of a brown cream to it to see if I can get it closer to what I have in my head.

My middle finger is topped with three coats of Pipe Dream Polish Punch Buggy. This is more of a crelly; it almost completely blotted out the shimmer of the white underneath. A bit streaky in application, but ultimately easier than most of my other yellows...would be a great sunny summer base color for all things sparkly.

My index finger is topped with OPI Lemonade Stand By Your Man, a fun yellow shimmer that would be closer to sheer than opaque without some undies, but is oh so lovely. Two coats, easy application.

Stamped with OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue

IMG_20210301_130910338.jpg

Ohhh, shimmery white polish @RGbrown!! I usually use white cream polish for stamping because plain white cream polishes just don’t look good on my nails. I’ll add shimmery white to my list (because we all know I need to add another polish to my list. 😆

The stamping looks so good with the colors you chose! 

@itsfi 

If you want a shimmery white that also stamps well, I highly recommend Zoya Aspen! I was surprised by my stamping results with it since it's on the sheer side (I generally need three coats for full opacity), but the shimmer is packed in there, and shows really well when stamping on medium to deep toned polishes. It gives stamped images an almost ethereal quality that I really adore 💕

Super pretty and spring like @RGbrown .  I always like the idea of straight up white or white shimmer too... then I do it... nope.  Just never looks quite right. 

@missjeanie 

I understand that completely...it always feels too stark for some reason. I think white nails look fantastic on others, especially darker skin tones, but on me, nah, I'm not thrilled with it for anything other than a base for brighter colors or art.

@RGbrown I think that's what it is for me.  My skin is too pale to pull it off properly.  Maybe if I was better about self tanning... alas... nope. 

@missjeanie 

I think that probably ties into my bias against nude/soft/pastel shades in lipstick and eyeshadow as well; I just feel like they wash me out. Give me the bold and bright shades everywhere! 😂

@RGbrown  Oh my. So pretty!!

Thank you @ather! 💕

The weather has been warming up here, so I'm in full on summer bright and sparkly mode today 🔆

Ciate Summer Haze is a gorgeous deep orange crelly. Fantastically smooth application with zero streaking or any other shenanigans. I used two coats here, but a third would have covered my nail line a bit better. Even with only two coats, it looks plump and juicy IRL; I'm really digging on this one 🧡

Orly Untouchable Decadence is a simple gold glitter in a clear base. Moderate density; it took three coats for mostly full opacity, with a few touchups needed to catch the last couple of bare spots. The surprising thing about this one is the final texture...multiple coats of glitter usually feel rough and bumpy, but not this one...I was extremely impressed that it was completely smooth after only one coat of top coat! Loving this one as well, even though gold isn't my favorite most of the time.

IMG_20210227_120104763.jpg

These colors are gorgeous @RGbrown! I’m all for summery and sparkly polish! 😍

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! 🧡

@RGbrown  Bring on the summer nails!!

@ather 

I am so ready for summer! 😎

@RGbrown  Me too. I wish the weather would cooperate with me tho 🤪

@ather 

Hopefully soon! 🤞

I don’t usually wear nail polish because I can’t do Wadu with it but still buy them as my daughter loves to wear them on days when she doesn’t have to pray, I am lazy so I forget to wear even in those days. I was recently sent over these clean vegan polishes to try so if anyone is looking for a clean option. Though in all honesty, despite of their claim that nail polishes are wadu friendly, I am not convinced that one can perform proper wadu with these ( or any other nail polishes) on. So if you are muslin please do full research before believing a brand’s claim about wadu friendly nail polishes. 
Anyways for all those who don’t have to look for wadu friendly, these are good clean options.

Colour: MonduliColour: MonduliColour: CordobaColour: Cordoba

6 Replies
testing