Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

A21A68CF-8E32-4CEE-B08A-E04C441AB4A6.jpegCC2A1F5C-0771-4E67-932F-7FD0B4D88A6E.jpegFirst mama mani! I used a new brand of gel polish, kiara sky with red carpet nails base and top coats.  The shade is 90s baby and my right hand came out much better in terms of thickness and opacity.  I did them on Monday and not a flaw yet 👌🏼🤞🏻💕

@SAlyFitz  Super pretty!!

Thanks!!

@SAlyFitz Nice sparkly shade. 

Thanks!

@SAlyFitz 

They look great; love the sparkle!

Thanks! I have got to swatch my colors and mark how many coats I like on the back so I can stop having one hand come out better than another lol

Abstract streaks and dots are a fantastic way to try something a little different and artsy without serious skills or special tools! Just wipe as much polish off the brush as you can for the streaks, and a toothpick or bobby pin works great for the dots if you don't have a dotting tool laying around.

White: Ciate White Heat

While I still don't have a white I just love, I think this may have been my least ornery. Three coats for full coverage, but it wasn't terrible about it; the polish didn't thicken or start getting lumpy/stringy during application like many whites I've tried. 

Pink: OPI N-Iceland

Green: China Glaze Cha Cha Cha

Blue: OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue

IMG_20210225_091521221_HDR.jpg

@RGbrown  Love these!!!

@ather 

Thanks so much! ❣️

@RGbrown Loving the watermelon inspired artwork.  Beautiful!

@tjffc 

Thanks so much!  ❣️

I. LOVE. THIS. @RGbrown It gives me watermelon vibes for summer and I am all in. 

@missjeanie 

Ahhhh, fantastic interpretation, and now I can't unsee it! 🍉

You're so creative @RGbrown! For me personally, I don't know about being able to do something as artsy as your pretty manicure here without special skills. Very pretty! 😍

@itsfi 

Nah, this was ultra easy, just a little smearing and smudging! I had originally planned to do some sort of asymmetrical two-toned french tip, but decided at the last minute that I wasn't in the mood for structured lines. This was my super quick substitution!

Your Plan B is beautiful @RGbrown

I was just talking about this with @itsfi in another thread and had a thought that maybe I should post it here for the rest of the polish fans! 🙂

Zoya Remove+ is far and away my favorite remover...all the power of acetone without turning my skin white from the drying effect, but it's a bit on the spendy side, and I only pick it up on sale. Sadly, Zoya's sales aren't really predictable, and who knows when another 70% will pop up; I'm starting to run low, less than half a bottle left from last year's haul, so I started poking around the 'net and found a DIY recipe that I'm liking so far!

10 parts acetone

1 part glycerin

1.2 parts water

Glycerin won't mix with acetone on its own, but this recipe uses just enough water to keep them mixed. It smells like acetone, of course, but seems to work just as well as Remove+ at removing polish without drying out my hands. If/when Zoya does another 70% sale, I'll likely stock up on Remove+ again, but this'll be a decent alternative until I can get it cheap!

Source: blackcatnails dot com/diy-gentle-glycerin-acetone-nail-polish-remover/

Thanks for sharing @RGbrown

@keana1 

No problem! I'm always happy to find a cheap hack that actually works! ❣️

F5E67612-3F01-4D09-A4C3-20858EA16142.png

6 Replies
testing