Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi 

I firmly believe silver goes with everything! 😋

B4125BD0-17E2-45D9-8CB9-5BEA16D377E8.jpeg

Love the pearly finish on your nails @samkeaysxo. Very pretty. 

@samkeaysxo 

Love the pearlescent finish on these!

While a quick glance might make you think I'm only wearing one polish, I'm actually wearing two different shades that I wanted to compare. They are similarish in real life as well, but my camera is definitely glossing over the subtle differences, sadly.

On my ring and thumb:

OPI Heart and Coal

A dark charcoal with a smattering of small holo sparkles thrown in. The base is opaque, slightly shimmery, giving a lovely night sky look, with pinpoints of light peeking out. Easy two coater, but still a little bumpy even after two coats of top coat (which seems weird considering how small the holo particles are).

On my pinky, middle, and index fingers:

OPI DS Titanium

The OPI Designer Series occured before my polish hoarding addiction kicked in (this one is from 2014), but whenever I find one for a reasonable price, I make sure to grab it. From what I've seen, it was a fun line, very upscale and complex for a drugstore brand, full of lots of things you typically only see in indies these days. This one is a grey jelly base loaded with at least two different sizes of iridescent glitter and microfine shimmer, and it is simply stunning; the jelly base allows for a depth of sparkle that a more opaque base would blot out. Almost opaque after three coats, though I can see my nail line if I hold them up to the light. Smooth after two coats of top coat, despite being a glitter bomb.

IMG_20210125_112830109.jpg

IMG_20210125_113207165.jpg

Titanium shows off way more sparkle than Heart and Coal under flash, despite being "just" iridescent instead of holo

The OPI Designer Series were very fun polishes @RGbrown! 😍 I'm sad I gave mine away. Happy for the folks I handed them off to, but I do miss them. 

@itsfi 

I've only managed to accumulate I think 4 now, and they are really fun shades. I wish OPI would do something similar again!

I would love it if OPI did another similar release @RGbrown😍

Balancing out the super sweet pink of my last mani wwith a little black and silver texture 🖤

Morgan Taylor Liquid Frost is a bright silver metallic with silver shards thrown in for a little texture and visual interest. It's a bit lighter than Zoya Jett (another love in my collection), but otherwise exactly the same in composition. Happy I picked this one up relatively blindly...MT swatches can be hard to find sometimes! Two coats.

OPI Emotions is one of their Liquid Sands, and I love these for the texture. Black base with black "sand" and black glitter, a lovely tone on tone on tone that really livens up a monochromatic shade. The base was surprisingly sheer, and took three coats for full opacity, but it wasn't temperamental about it. The drawback is that three coats of any polish, without a quick dry top coat (don't wanna cover the texture!), can take a while to dry fully, and I did mess a couple up slightly in the mean time. The plus with a textured polish is that it's not all that noticeable 😋

IMG_20210123_133755626.jpg

Interesting that the OPI applied so sheer. I'm impressed with your patience @RGbrown! Waiting for 2 coats of polish can be challenging for me at times, so I can't imagine waiting for 3 coats to dry. The results are very pretty though.

@itsfi 

I was surprised at how sheer it was, but it was worth having to wait for it to dry! 🖤

I went all out super girly this time around 💗

Butter London Alcopop: bright baby pink cream that reminded me why I hate creams. Bit of a streaky mess 😣 Pulled out a Zoya wide brush for the third coat, and that helped some, but it was still a pain to work with. 

My thumb and ring finger have a coat of China Glaze Everglaze Optimal Opal. It provides a bit of shimmer that flips from pink to lavender, but it also has a dusty overtone that just makes it look dirty in certain lights. Perhaps better suited to darker bases? I'm also a bit baffled by the wrinkling (you can see it on my ring finger, and it also happened to lesser degree on my thumb); it wasn't something I did by bumping the nail...I watched it wrinkle up as soon as I applied it. 🤔 

Dots done with Zoya Aspen

IMG_20210121_124718660.jpg

The polka dots are adorable @RGbrown😍

@itsfi 

Thanks so much!

221B61E3-5DDD-4CE1-BCE4-08165FB4C570.jpeg

From last month but still worth sharing 😂

Beautiful winter nails @AznAngelLiz😍

@AznAngelLiz 

Those are lovely! Love the snowflakes and pops of glitter! ❄️

So pretty @itsfi ! Love the lavender and roses 💗💜

Thank you @keana1! Felt the need for something springy. 

I completely understand @itsfi ! I’m still wearing dark nail polish, when I see snow everywhere, I’m not in the mood ( yet ) for spring colors LOL ! Spring is ONLY 3 months away 🙄 ( sarcasm here )...I’m sticking to darker shades ( reds, blues, greens, purples and black ). I added 14 new nail polishes to my collection and some are going to look great for spring and summer! Can’t wait to wear them! My collection has grown to 215 ! I wish I was able to post the newbies and manicure.... 😔 

2 Replies
testing