Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Ooouh @RGbrown, finding it on clearance is a major score! 😍 Is Burke’s the same as Burke’s Outlet? I should probably do a stock check to see what toppers I have at some point. Who knows?!! I may make my way on over eBay after that. 😉 

@itsfi 

Yup, Burke's Outlet! I find the beauty section at mine fairly terrible for makeup and skincare, but they usually have some pretty nice polish scores! They always seem to have relatively recent OPI collections (from the last year or so), and I've found a few Zoyas as well. And sometimes a random assortment of CND, Revlon etc. It's also where I found my OPI chrome powders a few months back. If I'm jonesing for a quick and cheap polish score, Burke's is where I go first, and I rarely walk out empty handed...even with my massive collection, I can usually find something I want and don't already have! 

@RGbrown, there’s not a Burke’s here, but I’ve been to one in Las Vegas a while back. It’s definitely a place where you could always walk out with something! Or maybe a few somethings! 😆 🛍 

@itsfi 

Ooohhh, I'd love to see a Vegas one! I'd bet mine is quite pitiful in comparison...I've literally never seen another shopper in there whenever I visit, and once I'm done checking out the polish, nothing else really catches my eye, so I'm in and out pretty quickly. I always wonder how they stay open, but I certainly don't mind them being empty, especially in these times. 

Mine is also right next door to a TJM, so it's always a fun little excursion 🙂

@RGbrown, a Burke’s next to a TJ Maxx??!! That would be dangerous. 💸💸💸 

@itsfi 

It's a trip I dare not make very often 🤣

@RGbrown Sparkles speak to me...

@CookieGirl1 

I made myself expand my collection of cream polishes last year, and while I found a few that aren't terrible, sparkle really is my favorite thing in the world

@RGbrown  I love that you compared all the sparkles!! 

@ather 

I love having a handy reference to compare them all! And now I know they're all different, and I'm justified in keeping them 😂

@RGbrown Me likey that fame game!

@Samtian 

I have fallen down a rabbit hole with MT lately, and haven't found a bad one yet. Fame Game is particularly glorious! 😍

For most of the week, it was just the polish - Hit the Bottle Colliding of the Realms, which I don't remember  purchasing. 😆 I wanted to do another nail look as we got to the end of the week but I didn't feel like going through the entire process of removing the polish and starting all over again with another color, so I just changed the polish to black on my ring fingers - Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color 573 Black to Black and added Jinsoon Bejeweled Nail Art Deco to a couple of my nails. 

nails - 1.14.2021.jpg

@itsfi  I love that you only changed one nail such a great idea to change up the look. You did such an amazing job on the gems! I love them. They look so good against the black nail it really makes them pop!

Aww, thank you @ather! 🤗 These are great for adding something extra to a manicure; and they’re so easy to put on! 🥰

@itsfi Looks fun!

These are a lot of fun @Samtian, and easy to apply, which is a huge plus. 😃 I will look into more of these after I finish up this sheet.

@itsfi 

Oooohhhhh, I love those gems! 😍 Great way to perk up an old mani!

Thank you @RGbrown! I was surprised how easy they were to apply! 😃

Rolling with a more fall-ish color palette this time 🍂

China Glaze Mustard the Courage: a relatively easy yellow, considering how finicky yellows can be. It took three coats, but it wasn't patchy or streaky, just a bit more sheer than I expected. I didn't even notice I needed the third coat until I had my hands up close to my face while doing cleanup...sadly, it's not much different from the current color of my deeply stained nails, so I didn't notice the thinner spots at first 😂

China Glaze Cattle Drive Me Crazy: it's pulling a bit more true navy here, but there's just a touch of green IRL, making this a stunning deep teal that I truly adore. Easy one coater, though I did two out of habit...really, that just gave me the opportunity to make more of a mess and spend more time cleaning up and was completely unnecessary lol.

Stamped with China Glaze Best Ponies Forever

IMG_20210113_142743545.jpg

Beautiful contrast between the teal and mustard yellow @RGbrown ! I wouldn’t have thought of using these two shades at the same time, love it ! 

1 Reply
testing