Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! โค๏ธ  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

For most of the week, it was just the polish - Hit the Bottle Colliding of the Realms, which I don't remember  purchasing. ๐Ÿ˜† I wanted to do another nail look as we got to the end of the week but I didn't feel like going through the entire process of removing the polish and starting all over again with another color, so I just changed the polish to black on my ring fingers - Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color 573 Black to Black and added Jinsoon Bejeweled Nail Art Deco to a couple of my nails. 

nails - 1.14.2021.jpg

@itsfi  I love that you only changed one nail such a great idea to change up the look. You did such an amazing job on the gems! I love them. They look so good against the black nail it really makes them pop!

Aww, thank you @ather! ๐Ÿค— These are great for adding something extra to a manicure; and theyโ€™re so easy to put on! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi Looks fun!

These are a lot of fun @Samtian, and easy to apply, which is a huge plus. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I will look into more of these after I finish up this sheet.

@itsfi 

Oooohhhhh, I love those gems! ๐Ÿ˜ Great way to perk up an old mani!

Thank you @RGbrown! I was surprised how easy they were to apply! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Rolling with a more fall-ish color palette this time ๐Ÿ‚

China Glaze Mustard the Courage: a relatively easy yellow, considering how finicky yellows can be. It took three coats, but it wasn't patchy or streaky, just a bit more sheer than I expected. I didn't even notice I needed the third coat until I had my hands up close to my face while doing cleanup...sadly, it's not much different from the current color of my deeply stained nails, so I didn't notice the thinner spots at first ๐Ÿ˜‚

China Glaze Cattle Drive Me Crazy: it's pulling a bit more true navy here, but there's just a touch of green IRL, making this a stunning deep teal that I truly adore. Easy one coater, though I did two out of habit...really, that just gave me the opportunity to make more of a mess and spend more time cleaning up and was completely unnecessary lol.

Stamped with China Glaze Best Ponies Forever

IMG_20210113_142743545.jpg

Beautiful contrast between the teal and mustard yellow @RGbrown ! I wouldnโ€™t have thought of using these two shades at the same time, love it ! 

@keana1 

My elementary school colors were blue and gold, so this felt like a reasonable approximation for a bit of nostalgia. Thanks so much! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

@RGbrown  I am loving the yellow! I need to get this one!! I think they look perfect 

@ather 

It's a great mustard, definitely worthy of purchasing! ๐Ÿ’•

@RGbrown Hahaha that made me laugh. I had to take a break from polish because of my toenails being like that. I need a mustard yellow. 

@Samtian 

It's natural for nails to turn yellow with continual polish wear/changes, so there's no real need to take a break unless you feel strongly about growing it out. It's not harmful, just hideously ugly. I don't know what I'll do if I ever decide to stop wearing polish ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Base coats are supposed to help block at least some of the staining, but I know the ridge fillers I favor don't seem to do a thing about it.

Same, canโ€™t imagine what would happen if i didnโ€™t wear a base coat lol. I used the beginning of quarantine to take a 2 month break from polishing and that helped remove the yellowing. After realizing we werenโ€™t going anywhere i went back to polishing weekly. Occasionally if Iโ€™m not feeling it Iโ€™ll let the color go a few days into the next week and then remove the color to start fresh on the weekend. But all it takes is one color to stain ugh. 

Both those China Glaze polishes are lovely @RGbrown, especially that teal! Love the stamping too - the colors pair really well together. The mustard yellow polish goes on smooth, which is great; I agree about yellows having a tendency to be patchy or streaky. 

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Zoya mystery bags coming tomorrow, noon Central!

ETA: the deal is 6 polishes plus the bag for $50. They claim the value is $150+, which includes the 6 polishes, so the mystery gift should total somewhere around $90+ 

Screenshot_20210113-122529.png

Screenshot_20210112-220314.png

Linky

The last time Zoya had a mystery bag was Jan 2018; the promo then was buy 3 polishes to get the bag for free. The three polishes on the right were the ones I bought; everything else was the gwp!

IMG_20180215_132810926.jpg

โ€ƒ

@RGbrown  Wow such a great deal! What do you think the extras will be in this years bag?

Found this pic on IG; there are 8 boxes with question marks, and Zoya says in the comments that there is one additional item not shown.

My guesses so far!

-lipstick (next to last box)

-2oz Remove+

-looks like 2 polish boxes on the left...Naked mani base/color/top is very common for their mystery bags, but with only 2 boxes, maybe not this time. Maybe the newest quick dry top coat? Perhaps one polish or a base coat as well?

-I'm unsure on the middle 3 taller boxes, and the last box. Perhaps the serum and cream from the Naked Mani line? Maybe a hand sanitizer or an Oylie oil? Cuticle oil?

-for the unpictured item, I'm guessing a 6pk of wide brushes to go with the polishes 

zoya mystery 2021.png

@RGbrown  Oooo interesting ๐Ÿง 

testing