Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown  I am loving the yellow! I need to get this one!! I think they look perfect 

@ather 

It's a great mustard, definitely worthy of purchasing! 💕

@RGbrown Hahaha that made me laugh. I had to take a break from polish because of my toenails being like that. I need a mustard yellow. 

@Samtian 

It's natural for nails to turn yellow with continual polish wear/changes, so there's no real need to take a break unless you feel strongly about growing it out. It's not harmful, just hideously ugly. I don't know what I'll do if I ever decide to stop wearing polish 😣😂 Base coats are supposed to help block at least some of the staining, but I know the ridge fillers I favor don't seem to do a thing about it.

Same, can’t imagine what would happen if i didn’t wear a base coat lol. I used the beginning of quarantine to take a 2 month break from polishing and that helped remove the yellowing. After realizing we weren’t going anywhere i went back to polishing weekly. Occasionally if I’m not feeling it I’ll let the color go a few days into the next week and then remove the color to start fresh on the weekend. But all it takes is one color to stain ugh. 

Both those China Glaze polishes are lovely @RGbrown, especially that teal! Love the stamping too - the colors pair really well together. The mustard yellow polish goes on smooth, which is great; I agree about yellows having a tendency to be patchy or streaky. 

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! 💙💛

Zoya mystery bags coming tomorrow, noon Central!

ETA: the deal is 6 polishes plus the bag for $50. They claim the value is $150+, which includes the 6 polishes, so the mystery gift should total somewhere around $90+ 

Screenshot_20210113-122529.png

Screenshot_20210112-220314.png

Linky

The last time Zoya had a mystery bag was Jan 2018; the promo then was buy 3 polishes to get the bag for free. The three polishes on the right were the ones I bought; everything else was the gwp!

IMG_20180215_132810926.jpg

@RGbrown  Wow such a great deal! What do you think the extras will be in this years bag?

Found this pic on IG; there are 8 boxes with question marks, and Zoya says in the comments that there is one additional item not shown.

My guesses so far!

-lipstick (next to last box)

-2oz Remove+

-looks like 2 polish boxes on the left...Naked mani base/color/top is very common for their mystery bags, but with only 2 boxes, maybe not this time. Maybe the newest quick dry top coat? Perhaps one polish or a base coat as well?

-I'm unsure on the middle 3 taller boxes, and the last box. Perhaps the serum and cream from the Naked Mani line? Maybe a hand sanitizer or an Oylie oil? Cuticle oil?

-for the unpictured item, I'm guessing a 6pk of wide brushes to go with the polishes 

zoya mystery 2021.png

@RGbrown  Oooo interesting 🧐 

@ather 

I can't wait to see some unboxings to know how close I got! Are you going for it?

@RGbrown  Sadly no. I’m on a very low buy this year. My polish inventory isn’t as big as yours but I feel I have so much I need to use up first. 

@ather 

I hear ya! While there are a bunch of polishes I want, I'm saving my Zoya funds for a sitewide sale to pick up remover, which is more of a priority at the moment. I'm overwhelmed with polish for now!

Woah! Those are some nice gwps in that mystery bag @RGbrown! 🤩♥️

@itsfi 

It was a nice bag! I was vaguely disappointed though, as it mimicked the one I had gotten the previous year pretty heavily. The Naked Manicure system, lipstick, and cuticle oil were all repeats, and stuff I didn't need or want at the time. For only $30, I definitely wasn't unhappy, and I enjoyed the surprise, but very little of it got any real use.

This was also my first heinous shipping experience with Zoya. I had ordered mine on Jan 3, the first day they were available that year, and didn't get it until Feb 15. They had originally said they'd limit the number of orders, "when they're gone, they're gone", but when they ran out faster than they thought, they said eff it and announced they would keep taking orders, which they seemingly couldn't keep up with, and definitely did not ship out in the order in which they were received. My sisters both ordered after I did, and got their boxes weeks before me, and CS was rude the one time I inquired about mine ("it'll ship whenever it ships" was the meat of the response, not even a general "I'm so sorry to hear you're frustrated" or any sort of pleasantry or platitude). I avoided them for a year or so over it, but managed to let bygones be bygones eventually, and now I just dial my shipping expectations way back 😛 

I recently found a Young Nails chrome powder set on clearance at Ulta, and it reminded me that I hadn't really played with my OPI chrome powders yet either, so last night was a fun play session 😍

Chrome powders are tricky with regular polish; you lay down a base color, and then have to wait til it's still slightly tacky, but not wet, to gently rub the powder on, and then you hope you don't smudge the polish underneath. But the YN set came with a fantastic set of alternate instructions that made it insanely easy: put the powder on a stamper, and stamp it on instead! I still managed to flub one on my first hand (polish was still too wet, and I managed to pick polish up with the stamper, oops), and I bumped or otherwise blemished some while working on the rest, but overall, I'm insanely impressed with my results. Next time around, I'll pay more attention to perfecting my base first though, as chrome powder is not forgiving at all, and shows off every single ridge and imperfection.

IMG_20210112_120754891.jpg

Black base coat topped with OPI Chrome Effects Blue Plate Special

IMG_20210112_120656673_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210112_120631511_HDR.jpg

Black base coat again. Thumb and ring are done with OPI Chrome Effects Bronzed By The Sun, and the rest are Young Nails Chroma Flake Pigment, a stunning fuchsia/green/bronze shifter

Gorgeous multi chrome effect @RGbrown ! 😍

@keana1 

Thanks so much! 💚💛💜

The shifts on that polish are spectacular @RGbrown! 😍😍

@itsfi 

I've got an ILNP with a very similar shift, but I feel like this powder was much stronger. It's simply stunning! I'll have to do a side by side at some point 💖

testing