Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@keana1, are you receiving any messages when you try to post that says why you are not able to post? Like exceeding a limit or something to that effect? Or is it you hit post and it just doesn’t post? 

@itsfi The first message is invalid HTML, then it’s the invalid HTML has been removed. I have to re-write everything then I touch SEND which is followed by a bunch of <>… check margin bla-bla-bla . I’ve tried to erase my browsing history to remove cookies, changed margins, take new pictures etc... I’ve tried everyday for at least 90 minutes, trying different things and nada ! I’ve tried the Sephora app and it’s the same. I was able to post on the app for a while but it’s not working.... I wish I could see my uncle, he’s a computer whiz but I can’t because of COVID restrictions in place right now.... don’t want to get sick or make someone else sick ( in case I don’t have any symptoms ) and we could both be fined between 1000-6000 $. 🤑 Another problem, all stores are closed ( except for groceries, drugstores, gas stations and pet supply stores, so I can’t go to the Apple store and have someone figure out what’s wrong. We even have an 8:00 PM curfew.... 😳

@keana1 

I find I get the invalid HTML message when I've typed something out, then maybe gone in and added a paragraph in the middle, or deleted a line, or done other heavy editing in the middle of my post before sending...all those enters and backspaces and add-a-line/delete-a-lines sometimes leave a trail of broken code bits. But, the error mostly just says "it's been fixed, double check that it looks right"; normally I can ignore the invalid HTML message and just hit submit again, and it'll go through fine, with no need to actually erase and retype everything. 

I've never seen a margins error though...no clue what that's all about!

Ahhh, I see. Super frustrating! 😠 This is good info. I’ll post it on the other thread later tonight (off to take care of some things for my folks) and I’ll tag you and TeamBIC so hopefully there can be some resolution soon. We’ll try to get things back on track for you @keana1

Ohhh, yes, covid restrictions. Sorry my friend, but you are doing the right thing to be mindful of minimizing exposure and risk. 

Thank you both @itsfi @RGbrown ! I’ve tried again and it’s not working, I still get the imgborder thing .... I’ve even tried using Firefox as suggested by @curlychiquita and I get the same message. 🤬

@itsfi 

Love this lavender with the pop of pink flowers. Very springy! 🌸

Thank you @RGbrown! 💜 We could use the rain here but I wouldn’t mind if spring came early this year. There’s always spring showers, right?!

@itsfi 

I don't mind rain, but I want warmth while it happens! 🌞

6FEDBD7E-F2CC-4225-B4C9-2BEB418E7209.jpeg

I can’t stop staring at your nails @samkeaysxo! So pretty!! 😍

@samkeaysxo 

Anytime I see something so awesome that my eyes practically bug out of my head, the underlying image for me is the old Cocoa Puffs commercials with the bird that hollers "I'm cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!!!" and starts bouncing all around the place in a sugar fueled manic state 😂 Anyone else remember those? Surely I'm not the only one old enough here 😋 In any case, I'm cuckoo for these eye-catching iridescent beauties!

200w.gif

Hahahaha! I love that!! Thank you 😊

@samkeaysxo  Wow I love these!!!! So pretty 

Soothing shades with a pop of teal this time, very spring feeling 🌸

Silver: Morgan Taylor Fashion Above All is a wonderfully shiny foil. Probably would have been fine with two coats, but I did three just in case; it's easy to miss small bare spots in this type of finish because they're so reflective, and I've been tricked before lol.

Pink: OPI Shellmates Forever, an almost frustrating shimmer, one that shows every brushstroke and takes ages to perfect. Thankfully I knew I was covering the worst spots with stripes 😂 Three coats.

Teal: Essie Gel Couture Jewels and Jacquard Only, surprisingly sheer, especially considering how rich the purple was from the same collection. Lovely color though. Three coats.

Got some striping tape in, so of course I had to play 💕

IMG_20210118_131419969.jpg

Oh that pop of teal @RGbrown!!! 💙💚 Looks so good with your other nails! 😍

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! 💙

@RGbrown  I love your spring vibes! Maybe it will make the polar vortex go away!!

@ather 

I would love for some warm weather to show up soon! 😎

Base: Morgan Taylor Black Cherry Berry, a deep burgundy that leans just a touch more brown than I'd like, but was a relatively easy two coater.

Had to add some sparkle with Morgan Taylor Fame Game. I had wanted these half covered ones to be a smoother ombre/fade, but it seems this one is all or nothing...there was no light coverage possible, at least not without the hassle of pulling out a sponge or dumping some out and trying to thin it down, which I obviously didn't bother with 😂

IMG_20210116_122043047.jpg

After finishing my right hand, I decided to compare several of my holo toppers on my left!

IMG_20210116_122053785.jpg

from thumb to pinky, one coat each:

Inglot 232: the chunkiest. Have used as full coverage before, but the size of the glitter makes it quite textured. One coat is smooth though, super bright holo while still showing off the base.

Morgan Taylor Fame Game: I tried a little harder with this nail than I did my other hand, and it was super easy to get full coverage with just one coat. Took two layers of top coat to fully smooth it out.

China Glaze Glitter-iffic: the glitters are about the same size as MT or perhaps a smidge larger, but not nearly as dense. Still feeling a little texture after only one coat of top coat.

Revlon Holographic Pearls: very fine particles, but fairly dense considering how small they are. It's a dang shame this is discontinued, as I think it's my favorite here, with a nice balance of dainty and bright. One coat of top coat was plenty.

China Glaze Fairy Dust: even finer than Revlon, slightly lower impact in one coat, but two would probably come close. One coat would be great for those that want subtle holo or "work appropriate" looks. 

Love the comparison between the holographic top coats @RGbrown ! Your nails look amazing 🖤

@keana1 

Gotta have the sparkle!  Thanks so much!

16 Replies
testing