Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@CookieGirl1 

Thanks so much! And yup, pictures are never quite as good as the real thing, not mine at least 😂

@RGbrown Whoa those are so cool!

@Samtian 

Thanks so much! 

❄️💅🏻

09D39A14-743D-4017-B7E4-C2F7364453D8.jpeg

Love the baby blue and sparkle @samkeaysxo! 😍

@samkeaysxo Those are gorgeous!

@samkeaysxo 

Lovely as always! I really like that dusty baby blue 💙

Zoya Isti: a light blue and silver glitter that is sparkly as all get out It's billed as a Pixie Dust, which are typically textured, so I was a bit disppointed that this had next to no texture at all. Nonetheless, it's a fun shade! Two coats.

Zoya Isa: a bold blue-leaning purple with bright blue shimmer that I can't seem to capture on camera. Also two coats!

IMG_20210111_130712453.jpg

Beautiful blues and blue-purple polishes,  @RGbrown! 💙💜 I’m so happy you used Zoya Isti - I’m considering it and your pic helps. The little texture to Isti actually leans in favor of me picking it up, but I completely understand your disappointment - you do expect a certain amount of texture from the Pixi Dust line. I have a couple of the Zoya Pixi Dusts in my cart already and didn’t know if I wanted to add another one. All these decisions to be made!! 😆 

@itsfi 

Glad to help with Isti! It's not what I expected from a Pixie, but it's a beautiful glitter polish nonetheless. And the glitter is superfine, so removal wasn't as bad as it can be with chunkier glitters! 💙 

I wasn't intentionally going for Valentine's Day nails, I just wanted something bright and fun, but these kinda skew that way 💕

Hot pink: Julep Ari, a crelly that was a dream to apply, even though I wish it were slightly less sheer. Never streaky, three coats.

Light pink: Julep Dylan, a full coverage cream that was mostly easy. I had to finagle the second coat a bit to make sure I had even coverage, but it wasn't terribly fussy. 

I can only handle so much bubblegum, so I added Kiko Smart Fast Dry 95 (grey). This seemed like a crelly on the first coat, but went solid with two, and wasn't fussy to work with at all.

The swirly nails include Baroness X Fluid Art in Nacre, a white/pink pearlescent shimmer that's supposed to break the polish down into "cells", giving a dotted effect. I've played with it a few times, and never seem to get much of the cell effect, but it still adds a nice shimmer to the swirly mix.

IMG_20210109_120125231.jpg

IMG_20210109_120144999.jpg

Love your color combos here @RGbrown. The grey and red polishes add a nice balance to that bold (and pretty) pink. 💅🏼 That swirl is really nice; I’ve had a few Baroness polishes in and out of my cart for a while. 

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! The fluid art has been fun to play with, even if I don't get quite the results I thought I would 😋

@RGbrown Ooofta!  I love the marbled pink!

@CookieGirl1 

Thanks so much! 💗

Black Dahlia Lucky Bags!

I got a medium one 4 or 5 years ago and was very pleased! I believe I wound up with 14 polishes (mix of large and small bottles), a base coat, a top coat, and a cuticle oil. I don't remember the exact value now, but I seem to recall it being around $110-120.

The formula is nice. It seems to thicken a bit more quickly than some of my others, but thinner takes care of it easily. I've got zero complaints about the brand overall!

The really nice thing with BDL is that you can give them notes at checkout and they will customize your bag to what you want (or don't want)! 

Screenshot_20210108-142239.png

Screenshot_20210108-142247.png

Screenshot_20210108-142200.png

Screenshot_20210108-142139.png

Screenshot_20210108-142217.png

@RGbrown, I keep going back and forth on this mystery bag offer. I really like that they will consider any notes you leave. ♥️ Will I or won’t I? Hmmm.... 🤨🤔

@itsfi 

While hunting my old Zoya mystery box pic, I came across my BDL Lucky Bag pic. It hasn't been quite as long as I thought; I got mine in 2018. My notes basically boiled down to "no creams, no nudes, just sparkly bright colors" and they came through admirably. There was only one that I wasn't 100% thrilled with (a very brown leaning brick red matte), but overall it was a phenomenal intro to the brand (and I think it was also my first indie purchase).

IMG_20180129_133536924.jpg

Late posts. My nails for the last couple of weeks.

New Year's Eve nails - they didn't come out the way I wanted them to, but I was too tired to redo them. OPI We the Female + Olive & June Simple Nail Art StickersNew Year's Eve nails - they didn't come out the way I wanted them to, but I was too tired to redo them. OPI We the Female + Olive & June Simple Nail Art StickersThis week's nails - Jior Couture Into the Unknown. I'm loving the multichrome / holo on this one.This week's nails - Jior Couture Into the Unknown. I'm loving the multichrome / holo on this one.

@itsfi Ooh I love that red look!

Thank you @Samtian! 😃 I might try to do it again. Maybe draw / paint on some of the nail art and see if I like that better. 

1 Reply
testing