Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown you just made me feel better about my "short and chic" nails 😂.  And thanks! I love flakie polishes. 

Tried madam glam gels for the first time after finally making a purchase (I’ve been looking at them for probably a year lol)... very easy to use, not bad with it pulling up from

growth. I had one chip after one week in but it was an area that didn’t lay flat as I attempted the split glitter/polish nail so I think Ik what happened. I still have it on today although I have a second chip just happened today and they have been starting to catch my hair from the growth edges but i did them on 12/19 sooo 2 weeks 4 days! Of course I bought a few more polishes from the line and I’m excited to use them!B63DB68C-8C23-482E-B946-44047AEF8FC3.jpeg

66476FD2-49A8-4C08-B4CD-B4188E3277D4.jpeg

@SAlyFitz  They look great!!

Your nails look beautiful @SAlyFitz! 😍 And wow, 2 weeks and 4 days?! That's impressive.

@SAlyFitz 

They look amazing, I love your design here!

Thank you! Truly happy w the quality - any gel polishes that you love?!

@SAlyFitz 

Sadly, I have no recommendations for gel, as I have zero patience for the removal aspect and don't use it. I'm changing my polish every two or three days lately, so the long wear time is actually a deterrent to me 😂

@RGbrown  I feel you on the wear time.... I’m at 7 days and struggling not to switch it up. 

@ather 

I say don't struggle...go ahead and change it out! 😂

@RGbrown  Thanks for being so supportive!!! We need more supporters like you in the world 🤩

A couple of mehs today 😐

Bow Polish One More Light

Magnetic, but the shift wasn't super strong even right after holding the magnet over it, and it pretty well disappeared completely as it dried. It's a lovely gunmetal shade, and the magnet brings forward a vibrant lavender that I wish I could see more of. You can see a tiny bit of purple on my thumb here, and that's about as good as it looks IRL too.

IMG_20210106_112045375.jpg

Moyra Cateye Magnetic Red

This is intended to be a stamping polish, and I'm super curious to see how it turns out when used for stamping instead. This one has a super strong shift; the magnetic quality in it is so strong that I had to keep pulling the magnet away from it. Otherwise the polish would start to form lumps and jump off my nail to the magnet 😮 But this one doesn't have a true cateye effect that looks almost 3D; it just looks like a blob of glitter in the middle of the magnetized area, and the darkness around it almost gives off a burnt vibe. 

IMG_20210106_112016338_HDR.jpg

I used one coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black under both of these. I'm not sure if I've talked about it before, but it is hands down the best solid black cream I've come across. I wasn't even trying, and still wound up with 8 out of 10 nails being fully opaque after just one coat. Their tiny brush is awful, but I pulled out a spare Zoya wide brush for it. Too bad it won't actually fit on the bottle as a permanent replacement, but it was perfect for application!

@RGbrown  I hate bad brushes biggest pet peeve!

@ather 

Brushes can absolutely make or break a polish for me! 

*fervently jots down "Sinful Colors Black on Black - @RGbrown's choice for best solid black cream polish" 

I do need a black cream polish, too. The consistency of the one I currently have seems to work better for stamping than as a regular polish. 

@itsfi 

I've got 4 other solid blacks that I can think of, and they're all somewhere between just ok and frustrating. OPI Black Onyx, Orly Liquid Vinyl, Butter Union Jack Black, Zoya Willa...they're either super thin, requiring two+ coats and potentially streaky, or just a bit too thick or gloopy to work with easily. Sinful Colors is easy, even with the tiny brush, but a wide brush made it absolutely perfect. Such a dream to apply! I got it from my sis when she destashed a bunch a few months back, but it'll be on my rebuy list when I run out! 🖤

@RGbrown, I have a black polish from Sally Hansen - it’s goopy and streaky. 😧 That’s so great how you came about your fave black polish - it found a new home and you found a new fave! 🖤

@RGbrown I just got my first two magnetic polishes in my latest polish haul and on my first attempt I definitely didn't get the technique quite right, lol.  I think I need to hold the magnet in place just a tad longer but I LOVE the polishes that I chose and judging by pics that I've seen other people have of them I'm excited to finally "get it right".  I'm sorry that yours were disappointing :(.

@CookieGirl1 

Yeah, I've about decided magnetic isn't for me, at least not in regular polish. Even with a quick dry top coat, the polish stays wet for a bit and the effect fades as they solidify, and I do not have the patience to magnetize each nail for eternity as they dry out. I think magnetic may be best served by gel, where you can cure it immediately, but I don't have the patience for gel removal either. I'm damned by impatience either way 🤣

@RGbrown I hear ya, girlfriend.  Patience isn't exactly one of my virtues 🙄

@CookieGirl1 @RGbrown  I’m with you. Zero patience 🙄

@RGbrown Ooo La La.  I love those colors.💅

1 Reply
testing