Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@samkeaysxo 

I love these! 

I fiddle faddled around enough the day before NYE that I didn't have enough time to get my New Year's nails done before New Year's, but hey, better late than never, right? Two days behind is a great start! 🤣

Base color is Essie Gel Couture Embossed Lady, a gorgeous deep purple with silvery shimmer. Nice two coat coverage, though I hate the twisted brush stem. Darn shame because the formula was nice!

Glitter accent is Morgan Taylor It's My Party, a champagne glitter with a few pops of pastel pink, green, and blue. The glitter is dense, and I bet it would be easy to get full coverage out of it

IMG_20210103_130935197_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210103_130806721.jpg

Just one word @RGbrown  : Stunning ! 😍

Thank you @keana1💜

@RGbrown  These are sooo perfect for new year’s nails!!

Thank you @ather! 💖

I'm sold on both those polishes @RGbrown! That is a gorgeous purple!!!! 💜 Paired with the MT glitter polish it is perfect for any celebration!

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! 💜

@RGbrown Very nice festive colors for New Years.  I love the glitter.

Thank you @tjffc💜

I love how elegant it looks, @RGbrown.

@CookieGirl1 

Thanks so much! 💖

I love your NYE nails @RGbrown 😍 you’re inspiring me to wake some of my nail polish out of hibernation!

@Guessgal 

Thanks so much! 💜

Doooo iiiiit! We'd love to have more folks here! It has been a great quarantine activity for me; as much as I miss my lipstick collection and doing the occasional full face (I never bother anymore since I rarely go out), doing my nails feels so much more enjoyable to me. With makeup, I have to stare in a mirror to see it, at some point I forget I'm wearing it and rub my eye or smear lipstick on my face (ha!), and then it all has to come off at the end of the day. Meanwhile, I can admire my nails anytime, and they last way longer than makeup would. I really enjoy having nice nails the few times I leave the house, since I'm generally looking like a bum otherwise these days 🤣

@RGbrown You raised very convincing points! Back in November when I went for a LCBO run, I had forgotten I still had my black halloween nail polish on (badly chipped too! 😅) and I definitely felt weird pointing at the catalogue when inquiring about certain items. I’m thinking of using a blue polish with some shift for January. Will post here if it turns out well! Stay tuned! 😊

A deal from Beyond Polish!

They seem to be a wholesale distributor that sells to the public; they've got lots of mainstream brands at prices well below retail: China Glaze $4.50, Morgan Taylor $5.40, Zoya $7, Essie $6.75, OPI $7.25, Orly $6.99, and more. They also carry a few indie brands (Cirque, NCLA, People of Color, Orosa, Sundays, Ella+Mia), but they all appear to be full price. They carry quite a few gel and dip items as well, and even have a few random salon hair products.

On to the deal! They just debuted their new app, and the deal is 20% off, regular price items, in-app only. I'm unsure when it ends; all I've found for fine print says "limited time only". The code is APP20. It doesn't stack with any other code.

I've never shopped with them before, and their shipping rates are the reason; their chart says $5.99-10.99 based on weight (or free for orders over $99), but even just one polish to me is always $10.99, sigh. This sale basically negates that cost for the cart I've built, so now I'm debating a purchase 🤦‍♀️

They are not shipping internationally for now, due to COVID; so sorry to our Canada folks! 😥

Screenshot_20201229-124548.png

Screenshot_20201229-124612.png

@itsfi 

Morgan Taylor and China Glaze 😋

Thanks so much for the tag @RGbrown! 😃Going to check ‘em out. 🛍 

I realized two of my polishes have nearly identical names, so I went with a full blown star theme this time 🌟 I wouldn't have necessarily picked these for mani-mates without that, but I think they work really well together!

China Glaze Sleeping Under The Stars is a lovely deep and dusky plum with a pink shimmer hiding down in it that really lights it up. Dang near one-coater as well...I only had a couple of spots that needed topping off with a second.

Morgan Taylor Under The Stars is a dark navy jelly with two sizes of holo glitter. The navy was a touch thin, and needed three coats for full opacity.

Topped off with some star studs because why not?

IMG_20201228_163949525.jpg

How it looks in fading daylight

IMG_20201228_163913490.jpg

Flash lights up both the holo and the pink shimmer 

Love navy nails @RGbrown ! The holo glitter makes your manicure look extra special ! 💙💙💙

@keana1 

Holo is my favorite color 🤣 Thanks so much!

Same here @RGbrown ! 

1 Reply
testing