Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

The last swatch fest (for now, at least 😋)!

Right hand: deep plums and wines

IMG_20201201_143923119.jpg

From pinky to thumb: 

China Glaze Queen of Sequins, China Glaze Royal Pain in the Ascot, OPI Sleigh Ride for Two, OPI Boys Be Thistle-ing at Me, Lancome 461. If you need a burgundy shimmer, I highly recommend Royal Pain; it is stunning! I've only got three Lancome polishes, but I've been impressed with both the formula and the brush on all of them, and this bronzey plum is no exception. Sleigh Ride has a dusty overtone that I don't necessarily care for, but it's still a lovely color. 

Left hand: darker purples

IMG_20201201_144041845.jpg

from thumb to pinky: ILNP Tilted, Orly Subtitled, Sally Hansen Color Therapy Slicks and Stones, Essie Dressed to the Nineties, Morgan Taylor Make 'em Squirm. I wanted to hate SH because I've decided I hate the bottle design, but this color might be one of the best purples I own; dark and vibrant with a shimmer that lights it up. And while it's nowhere as strong as an ILNP multichrome, the MT has a nice purple/soft aqua duochrome effect going for it.

IMG_20201201_144148828.jpg

close up of ILNP Tilted to show off the purple/fuchsia/bronze shift. The bronze shifts greenish at extreme angles as well, but I can't seem to capture it.

Bonus pic: Alabama snow. In November! ❄️

IMG_20201130_182042517.jpg

That's a lot for us 😂

These shades - plums, wines and purples -  are some of my favorites! 😍 Such pretty colors. Loving the shift on the ILNP! 

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! 💜

A8DBA1E0-36AC-442B-B636-F4D540016FB8.jpeg

Pretty combination @samkeaysxo. 😃

@samkeaysxo  wow your nails are very pretty

Thank you🥰

@samkeaysxo 

Your nails are always so pretty!

Thank you so much!! Press on nails are life 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Definitely would be going all out lol

All Mixed up Lacquers Just One Drink (from June 2020 Polish Pickup) 💅

Shows up muuuuuch lighter and more blue than in the bottle.Shows up muuuuuch lighter and more blue than in the bottle.Over black nail polish. I like it better this way.Over black nail polish. I like it better this way.AMUL polish.jpg

I'll have to try this over a lighter polish to see if it shows up more like the color in the bottle. 

@itsfi 

It's got a cloudy sort of look to it; I wonder how it would look over a pastel blue, or even pink or purple? Or a light grey might be a neat base for it!

Oooh, those are wonderful recommendations @RGbrown. 🤗 I wasn’t feeling excited about putting it over a white base but the shades you mentioned, I can definitely get behind. Will test out how the polish looks with those different colors. Homework for the weekend! 😉 

That's fun @itsfi. How many coats did you apply in the first pic? I feel like on the PPU videos, I sometimes see them applying up to three light coats for some of the more sheer shades. 

That’s a really good and helpful point @PrettyPaint. Thank you! 🤗 This is 2.5 coats - two full coats and then I dabbed some polish on areas where the polish either seemed to slide off or just would not stay put. I’ll try 3 thin coats next time ... and try to be more patient. 😆 

Another day, another swatch fest. Five down, one to go! 😋

Right hand: champagne and roses

IMG_20201129_133438294.jpg

from pinky to thumb: Revlon Desirable, Ciate Paradise Lost, Butter Sea Shell, Julep Wilma, China Glaze As Good As It Glitz. Ciate and Butter are my faves. Some chrome-type polishes eat base coats, and CG did that here; you can see the ridges on my thumb pretty clearly.

Left hand: coral chaos

IMG_20201129_133517057.jpg

from thumb to pinky: & Other Stories Kailua Dreams, Pacifica Afterglow, China Glaze No Holds Barb, Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Coral Carnival, OPI Aloha from OPI. CG was my fave, a crelly that went on smooth and easy, no streaks; &Other Stories was easy as well. The creams were my nemesis here: Pacifica, SH, and OPI all took some work to even out, and I hate the Miracle Gel bottle/brush design...that ultra-wide stem and tiny neck means I can't clean excess off the stem very well, and it just makes a mess.

@RGbrown  I love all of them. I think the gradient-type look across your fingers is pretty neat in the coral shades. 

@PrettyPaint 

Thanks so much! 🧡

Oooouuuhh, that champagne and roses set @RGbrown! 😍😍😍 And a streak-less crelly polish? Gonna have to look into that one (even though I don’t need to be looking at any more polishes for a very long time).

@itsfi 

That China Glaze was a dream to apply, especially compared to the three creams on that hand. And especially considering all I have is a mini bottle with a teeny tiny brush! If I thought I might cycle back to it any time soon, I'd consider finding a full size bottle (but with over 700 polishes on my shelves, that is just a silly thought lol).

It really reminds me of Ciate Sn@tch in terms of texture and coverage...that was another smooth and easy crelly (bright red).

@RGbrown  I love the chrome!

4 Replies
testing