Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@PrettyPaint 

Thanks so much! 🧡

Oooouuuhh, that champagne and roses set @RGbrown! 😍😍😍 And a streak-less crelly polish? Gonna have to look into that one (even though I don’t need to be looking at any more polishes for a very long time).

@itsfi 

That China Glaze was a dream to apply, especially compared to the three creams on that hand. And especially considering all I have is a mini bottle with a teeny tiny brush! If I thought I might cycle back to it any time soon, I'd consider finding a full size bottle (but with over 700 polishes on my shelves, that is just a silly thought lol).

It really reminds me of Ciate Sn@tch in terms of texture and coverage...that was another smooth and easy crelly (bright red).

@RGbrown  I love the chrome!

@ather 

Thanks so much!

Another swatch collection! The more of these I do, the less cohesive they become as I run low on shades that coordinate well, but eh, so be it. 😋 I plan on running through these pretty quickly (I've got two more sets lined up) because I started laying out a few Xmas colors last night and got excited! I'm ready for blingy reds and greens and blues and silvers and golds

IMG_20201128_115811846.jpg

Thumb to pinky: Julep Regina, China Glaze Fa-la-ah-ah-ahhh, China Glaze Funky Beat, Morgan Taylor Ultimate Mixtape, Morgan Taylor Plum-thing Magical 

IMG_20201128_120341030.jpg

China Glaze BFF, Love Angeline How Fine You Look When Dressed In Rage, CND Creative Play Crushing It, CND Vinylux Tango Passion, Bow Polish Playing with Fire (over Sinful Colors Black on Black)

IMG_20201128_120119963.jpg

My thumb has a fairly strong lime green shift, but it always seems to be opposite the light and and at a terrible angle to capture on camera. Managed to at least get a sliver of it on the left side here 👀

Ooh, @RGbrown, I love all of the pinky/plummy colors!

@CookieGirl1 

It's one of my favorite categories; I have a hard time passing up anything that walks the line between pink and purple! 💜💗

@RGbrown, every time you do a swatch  collection post, it means 10 more polishes I want. 😍 These purples are so pretty! 💜 Can’t wait to see your Christmas colors! 

@itsfi 

At this point, what's 10 more? 🤣🤣🤣

So true @RGbrown; so true. 😝 

@RGbrown  I love these swatch looks! 

@ather 

Thanks so much! 💜

@RGbrown  Playing with fire looks so pretty. Can't wait for your Christmas looks! 🙂

I can't remember if I've asked you this before, but do you have a favorite base coat? I feel like I've tried a bunch but still haven't found one I love.

@PrettyPaint 

I pretty well have to stick to ridge-filling base coats, and Butter's Nail Foundation has been my jam for years now. Sadly, Ulta quit carrying it, so finding deals isn't going to be as easy (I'd always grab a couple when they went half off there), so I've ordered Glisten & Glow's ridge filler to try next.

I've tried Zoya Anchor and Zoya Naked Manicure Base recently, and while they were both fine as far as wear goes for me, they didn't fill the bumps, so unless my polish was super thick, my ridges showed through on my worst nails. If you don't have bumpy nails though, either one might be worth a shot!

@RGbrown  Yup, I do have ridges, unfortunately. That's too bad that ulta no longer sells the Butter Nail Foundation. That's actually one I haven't tried before. I was looking on Zoya, and it looks like they have a new topcoat and basecoat that I haven't tried before, though I don't know that it would do much for ridges. I hope the G&G works for you! If it is as good as their topcoats, hopefully it will do the trick! 

@PrettyPaint 

I saw that new top coat! For $15/0.5oz though, I'm not terribly interested in trying it...I love love love G&G, to the extent of not really caring about any others lol, and it's only $25 for 2oz.

Looky, more Black Friday sales on nail polish. This time, from ILNP.

ILNP.PNG

@itsfi  awww!!!!

So many good nail deals @ather! Other than wanting to pick up a back up of nail polish remover, I think I' done with all nail related purchases for 2020, and for 2021 for that matter as well. 😂 

@itsfi   I say that all the time but always end up buying more 🤣

testing