Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Looky, more Black Friday sales on nail polish. This time, from ILNP.

ILNP.PNG

@itsfi  awww!!!!

So many good nail deals @ather! Other than wanting to pick up a back up of nail polish remover, I think I' done with all nail related purchases for 2020, and for 2021 for that matter as well. 😂 

@itsfi   I say that all the time but always end up buying more 🤣

Lol @ather! That sounds all too familiar. 😂 

Another nice sale!

Moyou London (stamping plates and polish) is offering 60% off sitewide, today only!

Code BF60! (with the exclamation point), but it was auto applied for me

Moyoulondon dot com

The downside is shipping...$10 or free over $120 (ouch...), but they've got some some plates as low as $2 before discount (that's 80 cents after the sale!), so it was still worth it to me. I just picked up 14 plates for $47, including shipping! Considering I spent a good hour last night agonizing over which one or two plates I'd allow myself from What's Up Nails (all the ones I liked were $14.99, and only 20% off), this was exactly the deal I needed today 😁

Screenshot_20201127-140405.png

@itsfi You *need* more plates, right? 😂

@RGbrown, I've decided that at this point, it really depends on who you ask. 😉 And I say "yes!!! I need more plates." 😂🤣😂 I just put an order in for ahem, a few, ILNP polishes, so it seems fair that I should get some plates to go with, right?! Thanks so much for the tag. 🤗 I would never have known about this brand. Off to the website to do some *research*! 😆

@itsfi  I think you will love your ILNP order. It's my favorite polish brand 🙂

@PrettyPaint, I can see why it's your favorite. So many pretty polishes. 💅 You'll have to let me know which ones you consider "must haves".

@itsfi  Oh dear. Haha. I have been buying from ILNP for years, so I feel like I probably need to reorder some of my favorites that are too old or lost. Some of the shades I particularly like: eclipse, riddle me this, fame, juliette, mega, birefringence, interstellar, cityscape. 

@PrettyPaint, now's a good time to restock or pick up more! 😉 I purchased Cityscape and Juliette (among others) this go around and have noted the ones you mentioned. There are so many pretty polishes on their site. 

@itsfi Their sales are pretty rare, so I am tempted to buy a few more. 

@itsfi 

Squee, can't wait to see what you got from ILNP!!

Moyou is pretty big in the stamping world, AFAIK. I don't have any of their stuff currently, but am definitely looking forward to trying them out!

@RGbrown, my ILNP haul was more polishes than I had originally planned but less than what I started with in my cart, so I'm just going to consider that worthy of an "atta girl!" 🤣 The BF deal for Moyou is crazy good. Now, I shall just sit and wait patiently for my treats to find their way home. 😁

Thought I'd go fall-ish for Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure I succeeded 😂 There's a lot going on in both of these, and very little of it screams fall lol.

Essie It's Not You...

Yellow with gold flakies and a strong lime green shimmer. Rosy pink shift at just the right angle.

Essie ...It's Mercury

Brown with gold flakies and a strong aqua shimmer. Plum shift

IMG_20201125_132026741.jpg

IMG_20201125_132003571.jpg

@RGbrown  So pretty 

@ather 

Thank you! 

I love this @RGbrown. And your nails are looking long and healthy! 

@PrettyPaint 

Thanks so much!

My index finger is currently sporting a tea bag patch for a small tear 😞 That's probably the nail that gets the most wear and tear for me (aside from maybe my thumb), so I'm not completely optimistic about its lifespan, but hopefully I can keep it intact long enough for it to grow out. 🤞

@RGbrown  I have read about that teabag patch, but haven't tried it before! I would never had been able to tell from looking at your nails. I also have thumb and index finger issues, but my middle finger has also been giving me trouble lately! 🙂

@PrettyPaint 

It can be helpful to get a little more life out a torn nail! I just use plain old superglue (I get the one in a bottle with a brush, like polish). I find that two layers last way longer than just one, so I brush a coat of glue over the break, then stick piece of tea bag over it (just bigger than the tear), another layer of glue, another tea bag (slightly bigger than the first, for more nail contact), and more glue to seal it off. Let dry, then file lightly to smooth it out as best as possible. I can tell my nail is a little wider where the patch is, but only if I look closely...I don't think it's noticeable to anyone else. I'll get several polish changes out of it before having to replace it; acetone will break down the superglue eventually, so it'll slowly wear out and come off at some point.

2 Replies
testing