Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi 

Squee, can't wait to see what you got from ILNP!!

Moyou is pretty big in the stamping world, AFAIK. I don't have any of their stuff currently, but am definitely looking forward to trying them out!

@RGbrown, my ILNP haul was more polishes than I had originally planned but less than what I started with in my cart, so I'm just going to consider that worthy of an "atta girl!" 🤣 The BF deal for Moyou is crazy good. Now, I shall just sit and wait patiently for my treats to find their way home. 😁

Thought I'd go fall-ish for Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure I succeeded 😂 There's a lot going on in both of these, and very little of it screams fall lol.

Essie It's Not You...

Yellow with gold flakies and a strong lime green shimmer. Rosy pink shift at just the right angle.

Essie ...It's Mercury

Brown with gold flakies and a strong aqua shimmer. Plum shift

IMG_20201125_132026741.jpg

IMG_20201125_132003571.jpg

@RGbrown  So pretty 

@ather 

Thank you! 

I love this @RGbrown. And your nails are looking long and healthy! 

@PrettyPaint 

Thanks so much!

My index finger is currently sporting a tea bag patch for a small tear 😞 That's probably the nail that gets the most wear and tear for me (aside from maybe my thumb), so I'm not completely optimistic about its lifespan, but hopefully I can keep it intact long enough for it to grow out. 🤞

@RGbrown  I have read about that teabag patch, but haven't tried it before! I would never had been able to tell from looking at your nails. I also have thumb and index finger issues, but my middle finger has also been giving me trouble lately! 🙂

@PrettyPaint 

It can be helpful to get a little more life out a torn nail! I just use plain old superglue (I get the one in a bottle with a brush, like polish). I find that two layers last way longer than just one, so I brush a coat of glue over the break, then stick piece of tea bag over it (just bigger than the tear), another layer of glue, another tea bag (slightly bigger than the first, for more nail contact), and more glue to seal it off. Let dry, then file lightly to smooth it out as best as possible. I can tell my nail is a little wider where the patch is, but only if I look closely...I don't think it's noticeable to anyone else. I'll get several polish changes out of it before having to replace it; acetone will break down the superglue eventually, so it'll slowly wear out and come off at some point.

@RGbrown Thanks so much for these instructions. I'll definitely be saving this. I always get these nasty tears down the sides. I didn't realize you could actually get a few polish changes out of the teabag patch. That definitely makes it worth it. I chopped my nails down completely because of some breakage, but next time I get some length I will try this!

@PrettyPaint 

Yes, it's nice that they generally last a while! If I had to replace it with every polish change (every 2-3 days lately), I'm not sure I'd ever bother lol

Your mani is absolutely fall-ish. That shift is beautiful @RGbrown! Impressed that you were able to capture it.

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! I think the rain was actually my friend in capturing the shift...less glare to blur it out

Another Zoya deal! And a fantastic one at that, if you are interested in the holiday collection! If I hadn't ordered 5 of them with the last promo, I'd probably be building a cart right about now 😋

Get the Intriguing collection (all 12!) free with any $35 purchase. Valid through Sunday. Free ship at $55. US only for this one, sorry Canada!

Code HOLIDAY

Screenshot_20201124-140431.png

Screenshot_20201124-140445.png

And a China Glaze deal while I'm here! The entire site is BOGO, plus free shipping, no minimum. Ends Saturday!

Screenshot_20201124-152604.png

Hmmm..... Intriguing indeed @RGbrown! I don't need more polish but I'm not sure that's really the deciding factor whether I pick up more polishes. 🤣

@itsfi 

As someone with entirely too many as it is that placed orders with both China Glaze and Glisten & Glow over the last couple of days, I totally understand 🤣

If I weren't desperate for a sitewide Zoya sale so I can grab more remover, I'd strongly consider this deal, even though it means getting dupes...I could always gift the extras. But I'm saving my Zoya funds for now!

@RGbrown, I hear ya. I have my eyes on getting a backup of the Zoya remover as my next Zoya purchase so I'll pass, though it is really a good deal! I'm planning on picking up a couple Jin Soon and ILNP polishes so my nail spend is allocated to that at the moment. 

088C2D35-552C-41A0-9B4F-13E6D34C7E53.jpeg

EED3686A-5094-4383-8745-EC89DFED248E.jpeg

Pretty @samkeaysxo! Love the pops of color in both sets! 😁

@samkeaysxo 

Both sets are so pretty!

Another swatch fest; I call this one Ode to the Ocean 🌊

IMG_20201123_143300320.jpg

From pinky to thumb:

Nicole by OPI Diva Into The Pool, Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Sky's The Limit, Morgan Taylor Electric Remix, Revlon Fairy Dust, Julep Meredith

Contrary to the picture, these are all quite different, but my camera just wouldn't cooperate.

IMG_20201123_142819095.jpg

From thumb to pinky:

Essie Get On Board, Lyn B Designs Absolutely Absolem, Kathleen & Co Veszelyite, Julep Eunice, Ciate Palm Springs

Similar note as above for this one, unfortunately, but I don't have much time to try and get better shots 😥

1 Reply
testing