Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

"Somehow the stash keeps growing..." Of course it's not your fault @RGbrown! Why would it be your fault?!!! No one here would think it's your fault. 🤣 These are gorgeous pinks!!! ♥️

@itsfi 

I mean...I would have been fine if my sister hadn't shoved a massive box of polishes in my face and told me she didn't want them anymore. What was I supposed to do...just leave them? 😂

(Because that 40ish is my only problem, clearly 🤣)

@RGbrown, you couldn't refuse your sister! How sisterly would that have been?!!! No reason to be rude. You did the right thing by taking one for the team. It really is for the greater good! 🤣

I'm behind on BIC and posting here. ☹️ This week's nails are courtesy of NAILS INC. Coco For Real Nail Polish Duo. The deep brown shade is 100% Hot Chocolate (two coats) and the shimmery caramel-y brown shade is I'm Fondue You (one coat). I can pick up a subtle chocolate scent every now and again from these polishes. 

nails inc swatches.jpg

Last week's nails - Music City Beauty "Raspberry Beret" with Revlon "Molten Magic" for stamping. Base coat is OPI; top coat is Glisten & Glow.

Raspberry Beret.jpg

@itsfi  I’ve never been a brown nail polish fan but those colours are so pretty!

Same here @ather! For the sake of having a more complete nail polish library, I decided to go for it. 😆 It didn’t hurt that it claimed to (and does) smell like chocolate. 🍫 😉 

@itsfi  Mmmm I bet it smells so good!!

@itsfi 

Both of those are lovely! Chocolate scented? Neat! I've only had one scented polish before, and it smelled like baby powder; I hate baby powder, so it got tossed out immediately lol, and I've been wary every since 😂

Particularly loving that raspberry shade ❣️

@RGbrown, I'm with ya - a baby powder scented polish should be tossed. No one needs that scent wafting in the air every time you wave or move your hands. I'm so pleased with this raspberry polish - the Prince song ended up being stuck in my head and I found myself humming it whenever I looked at my nails. 😆

Don't mind me...I'll just be hanging out here, talking to myself 😂😂😂

Moody blues this time, a mix of dusty teals and grey. I might stamp over this later, but I always get annoyed with myself when I forget to photograph the base colors alone; part of my purpose is eventually working up a catalog of swatches of the bulk of my collection.

From pinky to thumb:

Inglot 891, Butter London Victoriana, Sephora OPI Go My Own Way, Sinful Colors Winter Wonder, Pipe Dream Polish Smouldering

IMG_20201117_151827987.jpg

indirect natural light; this is pulling all 4 blues just a tad greener than they really are, and the Butter on my ring finger is a bit more muted IRL as well. 

IMG_20201117_151758248.jpg

flash to show off some of the sparkle! Butter looks closer to correct here too

ETA: yup, added a little stamping with Zoya Aspen 💙

IMG_20201118_131308425.jpg

@RGbrown  Love that stamp!!! 

@ather 

Thanks so much! ❤️

Yes @RGbrown! This is what I needed to see ... but also what I didn't need to see. lol. My hunt for a polish in this color family continues, but now I have even more polishes to choose from. 😆 Previously, I was leaning towards Jin Soon Charade but it seems that shade may be discontinued. Of course this would happen when I decided that was a frontrunner. It's all good though; look at all these options!! Love the nail stamps too! Zoya Aspen looks great with all the polishes.

@itsfi 

Isn't it always that way? 😥

Jin Soon makes such nice polish! I've only got a couple, but Heirloom is one of my top faves in my collection 💙💚💙 I highly recommend them if you ever run across a deal!

@RGbrown, I'm kicking myself for not picking up a bunch of the Jin Soon polishes when the SpaceNK counter at my Bloomingdale's had them on clearance. I was being "responsible" and "mature" as I didn't need any more polishes. Well, that won't happen again. Lesson learned. 😂🤣😂

@itsfi 

I got mine when SpaceNK clearanced them out online, for something like $4.50 each! I just can't bring myself to spend $18 on one polish, no matter how good it is, but I noticed they've got a "build your own" 3 piece set on their site for $36. I'm halfway tempted to put it on my Xmas list, but really, I don't need more polish 😂

Yes! That's the clearance sale @RGbrown the SpaceNK counter had. Oh, I was looking at the BYO set last month. I emailed them about polishes similar to Charade, so I might go for the set at some point. Waiting to see if they have any year end sales . . . and also waiting to see how much damage I'll do from now until that time to see if I should pick up more polishes or just wait.

A little simple glam today with a mix of silver and gold

Silver: Butter London Enchanted

Gold: Orly Luxe

IMG_20201115_152224995.jpg

@RGbrown  Silver and gold, silver and gold..... sorry couldn’t help myself!

@ather 

Who can?! 😂

Your simple glam look is exquisite @RGbrown! I really like that these colors have a subtle but just the right amount of a metallic sheen / look to them - not too shiny or too flat. Both added to my list.

5 Replies
testing