Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown Another gorgeous shade of nail polish.  I love the design. 

@tjffc 

Thanks so much! 💙

@RGbrown ,

I love this!  Love the shades of polish, and I need to learn more about stamping!

@tsavorite 

Thanks so much! 🌊

@RGbrown, it’s very calming looking at this manicure - the polish, the stamping! The silver pairs so nicely with all the polishes! 😍

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! 💙

Magnetic polish, take two!

I used a bigger magnet this time, and tried to be a little more patient with holding times, and...I'm still somewhat underwhelmed. I think part of it is that the shift in color in this one is fairly subtle. It is cool to look at up close, but golden olive to slightly darker golden olive isn't all that dramatic. Perhaps my expectations were too high? I may keep an eye out for something with a bolder shift, but I think this might be a situation where gel is the better choice. I do also think it'll be worth investing in a nail magnet for me (or finding a rectangle one that's strong enough around the house)...I'd really like to try a diagonal line, as that's always my favorite when I see pics online. All I have are circles though, and my hands shake a bit...I bumped my thumb (again) today trying to wave back and forth in an attempt at a line, so I backed off that and just went with holding the magnet steady. 

Even if the effect is subtle, this color is still gorgeous, and I'm sure I'll come back to it again at some point 💚

Here are a couple of different angles to maybe help illustrate the shift a bit

IMG_20200918_170045406.jpg

IMG_20200918_170034579.jpg

(BTW, it's more olive-y IRL...my camera wants to brighten it a bit, lime it up 🙄)

And on my other hand!

Orly Valley of Fire (copper) plus Revlon Divine

This feels unfinished now that I'm looking at it. Not quite sure what to add yet though, if anything 🤔

IMG_20200918_181344491.jpg

ETA: added a little gold stamping, and now I'm slightly annoyed that the horizontal lines covered up my ombre, leaving it looking more like a color block than a fade. Ah well, perhaps I'll change them now 😂

IMG_20200919_134320042_HDR.jpg

@RGbrown Wow.  I love all of the looks.  The ombre is gorgeous.  The green is a bold vibrant shade that looks fantastic on you.  Your work is amazing. 

Thank you @tjffc! 💕

Your too good for a salon and I love the stencil @RGbrown - nail guru ❤️❤️❤️

@2manyperfumes 

Thanks so much! ❣️

Masterful @RGbrown! 😍😍😍 The oohs and aaahs kept coming with each photo! ♥️ That ombré is stunning on its own and then wow! You just up your game to the next level (how that is possible? I don’t know.) with the stamping over the ombré. Seriously impressive! 🧡🤎💛

@itsfi

You are too sweet, thank you! 💕

@RGbrown Oh wow that last look I love love love!

@Samtian 

Thanks so much! ❣️

@RGbrown I LOVE!!!  I have to ask--are you on IG?  If you are, I hope you're posting your amazing manis there too.  You got talent, girl.

@CookieGirl1 

Aww, you are too sweet ☺️ But nah, I don't really use IG, I've never gotten into it. 

I probably should have done a full mani with the magnetic solely for more practice and testing, but I was just too excited by the other combo I put together to ignore it for any longer 😋

Right hand!

Butter London Password Please is a stunning deep purple cream, and as much as I dislike creams, I am reminded of how flipping fantastic Butter's are. Smooth and easy application with no streaks. Easy two coater, glorious color. I topped a couple off with Esmalte de Kelly Waterfalls, a gold studded, sparkly rainbow in a bottle. The flakies shift red/orange/green/blue/pink/purple and remind me of Christmas lights

IMG_20200916_124346423_HDR.jpg

Left hand!

Penelope Luz Delain is my very first magnetic polish, and I need more practice (well...patience, really, and I think I was too excited to exercise that properly 🤣). Magnetics need to be done one nail at a time, holding the magnet in place just above the nail while the polish dries, and again after adding top coat. I did that, but perhaps not long enough. The instructions say 20 seconds, but the reality is that once you remove the magnet, the design slowly starts fading a bit unless the polish is fully dry. I also want to play with a couple of different magnets; I used a very small one last night, so my spots were small to begin with, and lost impact as they dried. On my thumb, I tried waving the magnet back and forth to get a line, and it was moderately successful, but I also wound up bumping the polish and having to do it again 🤦

I intentionally didn't use the magnet on my ring finger just so I could see how it looked plain and have a little comparison...little did I know at the end that several were going to look plain anyways 🤪

Even plain, the color of this one is gorgeous; a glowing green gold with micro holo 💚

@WinglessOne!

IMG_20200916_124424419.jpg

And it was past time for a pedicure, so here are my wonky toes 😅

Marc Jacobs Oui! with a touch of Sally Hansen Strobe Light

IMG_20200916_124728883.jpg

@RGbrown Beautiful colors 

@tjffc 

Thanks so much! 💕

I'm loving that Esmalte de Kelly Waterfalls @RGbrown😍 I've had a few of the EdK polishes in my cart / wishlist for PPU for a couple of months, but never got around to picking anything up from the brand. But, I think I picked up one of her polishes through HHC this month. Hmmm... will have to check my order. If I didn't, maybe I'll look into ordering some polishes directly from the brand.

1 Reply
testing