Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown @WinglessOne I've never heard of magnetic polish. What's that?

@rosegoldlovely 

Magnetic polishes have some iron pigments in them that can be manipulated with a magnet while wet, creating a sort of cateye, almost 3D look. It's hard to photograph (especially with my terrible camera 😋), but it's a really fun specialty polish to play with. 

@RGbrown Well, your photo settles it: I will definitely order magnetic polish(es). I think yours looks fantastic! 💚 I did (still do) question the length of magnet hover time needed to "set" a design in place, which in my mind means the polish has to dry down at least partially before I can remove the magnet. But I can really see the effect on your index and little fingers, and I like how subtle yet obvious (to me, anyway) it is on your middle finger and thumb. So, even if the magnet's removed too soon and the polish shifts, it'll still look great! 

I also love Password Please. I have it somewhere... I really need to gather up and go through my polishes soon. It's lovely with that coat of flakies. 

@WinglessOne 

The two most obvious ones (index and ring finger) were (not so) coincidentally also the ones where I played with a thicker coat of color. Thicker coat = more to move around with the magnet = more noticeable result, such that even when it faded back once I removed the magnet, it was still stronger than the ones I did with thinner coats. Of course, it also equaled increase dry time, and weirdly, the thicker ones wrinkled up when I put top coat over them. It's not noticeable at any sort of normal viewing distance, but it still bugs me a bit. 

Can't wait to see what you wind up with! Right now is a great time to ignore lipstick and move on to a nail polish obsession instead 😅

Lilypad Lacquer Sunset Symphony is a purple jelly base loaded with flakies that shift pink/bronze/gold, even a touch of green. I wish the base wasn't quite so sheer, but...at least purple neutralizes yellow, so it doesn't look awful on my stained nails 🤪

Crows Toes Indian Summer is actually an oldie in my collection, but I've been staring at it longingly for weeks and decided it was time to let myself rewear a polish just this once 😋 This was my very first indie and my very first multichrome, and was a gift from my sis. It moves from blue-purple to berry-purple to wine, and there's a touch of dark bronze around the edges at just the right angle, but I can't seem to pick it up with the camera.

IMG_20200914_124009369.jpg

IMG_20200914_124122059.jpg

@RGbrown Loving the purple

Oooouh, that purple jelly with the flakies looks soooo pretty @RGbrown! What a beautiful first multi-chrome. I'm glad you decided to re-wear it - now the rest of us get to admire its beauty; the shift is gorgeous.

@itsfi @RGbrown I agree--beautiful color!  I love flakie polishes.  Hence why I painted my nails with a blue flakie polish from Glam Polish last night (but my nails look pathetically short right now from breaking most of them this week, lol).

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! ❣️

A little springtime sparkle today

I'm not quite as impressed with these as I had hoped I would be. In the bottle, they look a bit more blingy, with touches of different colors mixed in, but once on, they lose some of that dimension. Don't get me wrong, they're very pretty! But I've started to be spoiled by indies, and these don't quite have the oomph I had hoped for

OPI Pigment Of My Imagination (blue), Rainbows A Go-Go (purple), She's A Prismaniac (pink), stamped with Yoga-ta Get This Blue

IMG_20200913_135828372.jpg

@RGbrown where to find nail stamps and what do you dip them in?

@rosegoldlovely 

Ahhhh, stamping is a huge subject! Up in the OP, there's a link to a stamping thread here on BIC. It hasn't been updated/used in a while that I know of, but the info there is great...it's not a subject that really gets outdated. 

The basics needed are a stamping plate, a stamper, a scraper, and suitable polish, acetone, and tape/lint roller. Once you've got the technique down, it's super easy, but it can be tricky to start with.

Maniology does a free starter set (pay shipping) if you think it might be something you want to explore further 😊

go.maniology dot com/free-stamping-kit-offer

Splendid springtime sparkle @RGbrown! 💜💗💙 These are great cheery colors; love the butterfly stamping! 🦋 That blue polish you used for stamping is beautiful! 💙

Thank you @itsfi! 💙

@RGbrown THAT is absolutely stunning.

@CookieGirl1 

Thanks so much! 💖

Lots of dots!

Zoya Ibiza (blue shimmer), Margo (berry cream), Kelly (darker grey), August (lighter grey), and a touch of Revlon Holographic Pearls.

IMG_20200910_112654456_HDR.jpg

I love polka dots @RGbrown! ♥️♥️♥️ These look super fun! 💅🏼😍

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! 💕

RE: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Can’t stop won’t stop changing my nails 🤣💜

Re: RE: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@samkeaysxo So pretty.  Love the color and the glitter.  

1 Reply
testing