Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Ooooh. Have you used Emily de Molly polishes before @CookieGirl1? 💅🏼  I saw a couple of photos of the polishes and ... soooo pretty!!! 😍😍

@itsfi I actually haven't tried any polishes from the brand before but so many of them look absolutely gorgeous!

@itsfi I hate it when life gets in the way of nails, but I'm glad you were able to carve out a little manicure time again 💅 These look adorable; I don't know exactly what you were going for on the one, but I really like the way it turned out nonetheless! 💕

I've been playing with making some polish pairs, trying to plan ahead a few paint jobs...one of the sets I assembled a couple of days ago is a similar grey and pink 😋

Awww, thanks @RGbrown! 🤗 It’s nice to have some nail time. ♥️ For the middle nail, I couldn’t get the line separating the colors to turn out the way I wanted to - it either bled into the other color, lifted the color, or it wasn’t prominent enough; this was the best one. I’ll keep practicing; I may just need to be more patient. 😆 

Love pink and grey. 💗 (hmmm, I need a grey heart emoji) I’ve been interested in color  pairings lately as well, inspired by the lovely ombré nails many folks have posted, including you. I’m trying to think of some color pairings for stamping. 

@itsfi 

Ahhhh, yes, patience is the key! Next time try painting the pink, then following up with your quick dry top coat. Wait til dry, then add the second shade. I usually wait an hour or so (i.e. an episode of whatever show I happen to be watching at the time lol) between base colors and art on top, just to make sure I'm not disturbing the bottom shade. Then I wait again, as needed, before adding the final top coat to reduce chances of smearing. 

@RGbrown, yeah, that will likely do the trick. I waited about ohhh... 5 minutes. 🤦🏻‍♀️😆 I will try that; this is gonna be some exercise in patience for me. 😝 

@itsfi 

That's the drawback to the artsy manicures for me. I tend to go for simple designs that are quick in and of themselves, but the wait time can drag out a polish job to several hours. 😣

Rhapsody in blues this time. It feels good to clear 5 at a time, even if it's not the most cohesive look 😋

From pinkie to thumb:

OPI Give Me Space, Revolution Legend, CND Vinylux Midnight Swim, OPI St Mark's The Spot, OPI My Favorite Gal Pal

IMG_20200828_134705882.jpg

Magnificent @RGbrown! 💙💙💙 I really could be very happy just shopping your nail polish stash! 😍 These are beautiful blues. Do you have a favorite?

@itsfi 

Favorite here is the CND Midnight Swim! It was a dream to apply, the easiest of the bunch, two coats done, no fussiness. And the color is a glorious deep teal, the sort of shade that really speaks to me 💙

Went with a burgundy/wine mashup this time, plain on one hand and with topper on the other. Gotta say, the topper result surprised me.

Right hand, from pinkie to thumb:

Kiko Magical Holiday 02, Butter Figgy Pudding, Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Wholesome Earth, Ulta Playful Plum, OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest

IMG_20200827_121615938.jpg

Left hand, same as above (except going from thumb to pinkie), topped with Revlon Matte Pearl Glaze. I totally did not expect 4 out of 5 to become bright purple; the polish looks translucent with a slight pink shift, but packs a heck of a punch once applied. 

IMG_20200827_121628455_HDR.jpg

Burgundies and wines are some of my fave polish shades @RGbrown. These look so pretty! ♥️ Wow, so fascinating to see how the color changes just with that matte topper. I’m thinking that a topper is the way to go for me when it comes to a matte look. I haven’t cared for the matte polishes I’ve tried (okay maybe that’s not being fair as I’ve only tried two), but the finish on you nails with the Revlon topper looks very pretty; nicer than the effect I get with my matte polishes. Making notes! 📝 

@itsfi 

Its entirely fair! Matte polishes can be such a pain to work with, since they dry almost immediately. I've got a few, and frankly...they'd be first on a declutter list lol. Regular polish topped with a matte topcoat is the way to go!

For just a regular matte tc, I've heard good things about Sally Hansen Big Matte and Essie Matte About You...but I've also been perfectly happy with my OPI and Butter matte top coats too. 

Hi nail gurus! 

i recently ran out of my favorite nail polish. Do you guys know of any decent dupes? im bad with color descriptions, so I’m sharing some photos I found online! The color is called blueberry. 

9560F749-C37B-4F5E-AF00-D1658E18CFCE.jpeg

A5094240-4054-4E87-8CC7-CBE94A7CF583.jpeg

@pinyo, I can see how this is your favorite.💙 What a pretty, pretty blue. It’s quite calming. 

@pinyo 

The first thing that immediately came to mind was OPI Rich Girls and Po Boys

Screenshot_20200826-145155.png

I looked through Zoya a bit too, but didn't really see anything close enough. They do vibrant/Royal/sapphire/darker blues and light blues pretty well, but they don't have as nearly as many shade nuances in between those two as they could. Maybe check out Dory, it's close in some of the swatch pics, but I think the OPI might be closer.

Screenshot_20200826-150241.png

Zoya Dory

D4206609-3DA6-4CD5-B29F-A67003B9A5E3.jpeg

39A29FBB-3797-438F-87A0-7EB890A69451.jpeg

DA1D166F-D5DD-44F3-80FD-DF68C093CD81.jpeg

 First ombré attempt & finally took care of these feet after neglecting a polish for 2 weeks (and I wouldn’t wear sandals without polish lol) happy to start my week feeling fresh 💕💅🏼

@SAlyFitz 

Hooray for a new pedicure! And your first ombre looks amazing! 💕

You did so good with this ombre @SAlyFitz! Love the purple and pink!

Illyrian Awaken Your Magic: a lovely soft purple with a dusty, golden pink shift and a pinch of holo glitter

Deborah Lippmann Escape: a gorgeous deep teal that can shift towards greenish, bluish, and even have a soft purple reflect in the right light. 

IMG_20200823_132805016.jpg

IMG_20200823_132908753.jpg

Nail twinsies @RGbrown! We were experiencing thunderstorms earlier this week so I decided to do my nails. 😂 Love DL Escape; it's such a pretty, pretty color.  And so is Illyrian Awaken Your Magic. I think I have enough purples, but that one is speaking to me . . . and it's saying "buy me, buy me!" 🤣

DL Escape.jpg

2 Replies
testing