Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@2manyperfumes 

Thanks so much! ❣️

These polishes are so pretty @RGbrown! ♥️ Love the sparkle. I’ve narrowed down the number of polishes to single digits - ha! 😆 I’ll put them in some order and get a few now and a few more later. 🛍 Ohhhh who knows, maybe I’ll decide to just get them all at once! 😉😂🤣

@itsfi 

Can't wait to see which ones you settle on

@RGbrown  Ooooo I like those colours!!! I bet in person they are even more stunning!!! Your nails are looking amazing too!!! 

@ather 

Thanks so much!

Okay, all of you nail polish gurus - – help a girl out. I love that blue shade from the summer Sally Hansen neon collection but I've heard that the formula isn't that great. Can anyone recommend a good dupe (with a good formula)?

Screenshot_20200518-082918_Chrome.jpg

@CookieGirl1 

Finding a light blue with that same level of "pop" is tough...Zoya Eleni maybe? I like Zoya overall, but can't speak to the formula of this particular shade though.

zoya eleni.jpg

@RGbrown yeah, it's that really ultra-bright blue that gets me. I haven't been able to find anything very close yet but thank you for the suggestion :-).

Here they are, my natural nails with a gradient gel manicure!98200825_240282913950381_3884685829175508992_n.jpgnails.jpg

@sca238  So pretty!!

Love your nails @sca238; the gradient is beautiful! ♥️ What a delicious looking meal too! Yum! 😋 

@sca238 

Mmmmm, now I'm hungry 🍽

😋

Your nails are lovely! ❣️

I can't really call this "Battle of the Chromes" because it was never ever a fair fight 😋

Makeup Revolution vs ILNP

ILNP is fabulous as always. Easy application, and glorious shiftiness. Peace took three coats, but Abundance only needed two. 

Makeup Revolution also had nice application; it wasn't streaky or patchy, and both shades only needed two coats. They market these as duochromes, instead of multi, but even with that, I can't figure out the duo to the purple...it doesn't seem to shift that I can see, other than maybe shadows of slightly darker purple around the edges? 

In any case, the Makeup Revolution chromes are pretty, if you like the main color in the bottle, and the formula is nice, but don't buy them solely for the shift.

For both hands, I applied ILNP on thumb, middle, and pinky, and Revolution on ring and index. Thumb and ring then got one coat of Cupcake Polish's Frosting for the holo fun of it

Purples: Revolution Evil Queen, ILNP Peace. Golds: Revolution Atlantis, ILNP Abundance (H). The colors aren't exactly the same, but they both have shades in common, so at least they coordinate a bitPurples: Revolution Evil Queen, ILNP Peace. Golds: Revolution Atlantis, ILNP Abundance (H). The colors aren't exactly the same, but they both have shades in common, so at least they coordinate a bit

Revolution gets a bit of a greenish shift around the edges, while ILNP shifts strongly from bronze to green to gold, with a touch of burgundyRevolution gets a bit of a greenish shift around the edges, while ILNP shifts strongly from bronze to green to gold, with a touch of burgundy

ILNP shifts strongly from purple to blue, with a touch of dark wine, but I can't see a shift in this Revolution at allILNP shifts strongly from purple to blue, with a touch of dark wine, but I can't see a shift in this Revolution at all

@RGbrown  The purple one is definitely my fav!!

@ather 

I love me some purple too 💜💜

That purple-blue shift is so pretty @RGbrown! 💜💙

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! ❣️

I love these @RGbrown!! That bronzey green color is so pretty!

@DaneeBT  

Thank you! ❤️

Wandering outside of my comfort zone today, and loving it 💛🧡

Orange is one of my least favorite colors (second only to brown lol), but the instant I swatched this one, I fell head over heels for it. It's a stunningly bright and summery shade, with a soft fire of pinkish shimmer hiding subtly in it that makes it positively dance in the right light.

Both of these are Kiko Smart Fast Dry. The orange was incredibly easy to work with, not too thick or thin, didn't flood my cuticles, plenty of working time, no streaks or patches, dang near one coat. The yellow though...complete opposite...thick but streaky, and frustrating all around. It took three coats, and it's a bit lumpy bumpy. I've got three more from their fast dry line...I hope they act closer to the orange than the yellow 🤞

Kiko Smart 061 and 063

IMG_20200514_130221346.jpg

@RGbrown  Oooo love the dragonflies!!

2 Replies
testing