Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! โค๏ธ  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I LOVE all the nail looks on here! I have quite long nails that I enjoy painting, however, I'm terrible at picking and biting my cuticles and skin around my nails. Can anyone please recommend a treatment that will help me stop this bad habit or help to heal the skin? TIA

Get a cuticle oil pen, very portable and convenient! Ever...

Get a cuticle oil pen, very portable and convenient! Everytime you get the urge to pick dry skin you can go for the oil instead. Eventually it should help soften and prevent them from peeling up.

I use lactic acid treatments, like the Ordinary, to help...

I use lactic acid treatments, like the Ordinary, to help smooth the areas around my nails and down the sides of my thumbs and index fingers. Also I will use a dab of similar face treatments as a "while I am at it" combination of face and hand care. For example, after using a Dr. Gross peel pad on my face, using up the last bit on my hands. Those areas on my hands can get very rough without that maintenance. I follow up with moisturizer, wear soft hand treatment gloves when I can, and I do apply and reapply sunblock on my hands. I found that regular cuticle creams just didn't do the trick. @silliluci

@gingerleigh thanks so much for taking the time to reply,...

@gingerleigh thanks so much for taking the time to reply, the using the treatments idea is genius! I have The Ordinary lactic acid already so will start trying that and I just bought some cotton gloves to wear at nighttime. Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

Re: @gingerleigh thanks so much for taking the time to reply,...

@silliluci  you're welcome! I'm also interested in what people do to maintain their hands, so I would also love if more people posted about the topic, but there also might be a long thread about it somewhere on this forum. I just don't remember seeing one. We could check the Skincare Aware group. If I ever come across a good thread on hand care, I'll post in it and bump it to the top. ๐Ÿ™‚

Also, those cuticle nippers that go in and out of stock i...

Also, those cuticle nippers that go in and out of stock in the sephora sale section, they are quite good.

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I don't generally worry about seasonal shades...I'll wear my summer brights year round because I adore them. With nail polish though, there are some shades that I am more likely to wear in fall/winter because the muted/dusty tones just don't feel right any other time of year ๐Ÿ˜‹

Not that it's actually fall here yet...it's 95 and sticky. But I'm still feeling like it's time to toss a fall shade out there this week to break up my continual string of brights.

Black Dahlia Lacquer in Violet Petals

Sadly, I found this one to be prettier in the bottle than I do on my nails. Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty, but the bottle is loaded with holo and sparkle that just doesn't show up well once the polish is dry, even in direct sunlight. I'm a bit disappointed by that, but overall, I'm still relatively happy with it ๐Ÿ’œ

IMG_20190930_143355867.jpg

Very pretty Fall shade @RGbrown ๐Ÿงก I love the shimmer.  Reminds me of dirty unicorn shade by I think nails inc.  you would love that shade.  I fell for the name too.  

This is a really pretty fall color and I love the sparkles too!

I really love this color @RGbrown! I love the sparkle.

Thanks @DaneeBT! ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi @RGbrown,

Your nails are such a beautiful shape! 

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT 

Thanks so much! I had actually meant to note that I knew how uneven and oddly shaped they are this time around, but forgot to ๐Ÿ˜‹ I normally keep them square, but lost a few corners to breakage this week. I was unwilling to lose what little length I have by filing them all back down, so I have a mishmash of shapes this time (and probably will for a while as the grow). Not that it bothers me in the slightest, obviously ๐Ÿคญ 

@RGbrown ๐Ÿ™‚ I didn't even notice! They look great ๐Ÿ™‚

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

This was a fun set. I do all my acrylics myself!

RE: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I love it i love anything leopard haha ๐Ÿ’…โค๏ธ

I love the leopard print with the black. You your acrylics yourself? That's awesome, I wish. 

Love it @xJuliaGhouliax ๐Ÿงก I was looking for animal print nail stickers and instead founds bats lol I bought bats to try out soon.  This is beautiful pop against the dark polish shade on the other nails.

Hi @xJuliaGhouliax,

I love the animal print nail!

Best,
Rebecca

Hi @xJuliaGhouliax ,

Your nails are so pretty! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I love your nails @xJuliaGhouliax!