Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

That color is very pretty @Carmenatty!

Dermelect Peptide Infused Color Treatment Laquer in What a Gem - This stuff stays on for days without chipping - I am super impressed!  And the color looks like the inside of a seashell! ❤️ 

020919dermelectpolish.jpg

*Full disclosure - they sent me the polish to review, but I'm definitely buying more colors! ❤️

Beautiful polish @Tamara76! 💗 I’ll have to look into that brand! 

Thank you, @itsfi !  I just ordered a base coat, top coat and 2 more colors direct from the brand, and then found out they are also available online at Ulta!  I didn't see many colors on Ulta's site, though.

@Tamara76 Love this shade. Its the perfect nude! 

Best,
Rebecca 

Thank you so much!  I love it, too!  @RebeccaBT 

That color looks so pretty @Tamara76!

Thank you!  I think so, too!  @faeriegirl 

This is such a pretty color @Tamara76! I've never heard of this brand! 

Thank you, @DaneeBT !  I am really happy I found them - this polish lasts longer than most I have tried! ❤️

Gorgeous colour @Tamara76 ! ❤️

Thank you so much, @keana1 !!! ❤️

Gorgeous colour @Tamara76 ! ❤️

I keep getting sidetracked with trying a variety of brands, but it's time to get back on track with my goal of using all of my Zoya polishes at least once. Only two more to go after today, and then my Zoya display will be done (minus the fact that the cabinet will have room left over for three more polishes, so I suppose I'll have to shop at some point to realllllly finish it off 😂)

Zoya Mae

IMG_20190209_131044220.jpg

@RGbrown ,

This is a great color!  I really like it!

@tsavorite 

Thanks so much! ❤️

That color is so pretty @RGbrown! ❤️❤️❤️

@faeriegirl 

Thanks so much! I am sooo looking forward to the time when the season matches the majority of my nail polish choices (bright and sunny 😛 )

Sally Hansen Color Foil in Purple Alloy (with OPI Lay Down That Base chrome base coat, no top coat)

This might be a repeat for this thread...I can't remember how long ago I last wore this, but I got my hands on a foil-friendly base coat this week and wanted to test it again. 😁

Foils/chromes are tricky beasts. They dry almost immediately, which means you have to work quickly and once you've done a stroke, you have to leave it alone...any attempts to fix or overlap just leads to goopy smudges. They are also super thin formulas; any ridges or imperfections in your nails will be accentuated (especially in the second pic; my nails on that hand are pretty chipped under the polish, and it shows pretty badly). This is 4 coats (not for opacity...one coat is almost enough to fully cover, but as a meager attempt to build up a little volume, which didn't really work). I was hoping the base coat would help give a little more thickness, which is why I pulled this one back out again, but no luck. That's ok, it's still a gorgeous color. 😍

Foils also don't tend to last long. Something about the formula makes them incompatible with most base and top coats, so they chip and flake and crack pretty quickly on bare nails. Someone put one out called "One Night Only" just to really highlight how short term they are 😂 I'm curious to see how well this base coat lengthens wear time, if at all. 

IMG_20190206_133937965.jpg

IMG_20190206_135014466.jpg

That’s such a pretty shade @RGbrown . My nails are so messed up from the cold that I definitely wouldn’t be able to wear a foil polish.

@PrettyPaint 

Yeah, I totally understand that. Mine are pretty jacked up too lol. I was hoping a base coat would help smooth them out a bit, but no luck, so I'll probably take this off in a day or two. It's a pretty color, but the final look ain't that great 😥

1 Reply
testing