Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! โค๏ธ  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@elinas_nail_art@elinas_nail_art

@elinas_nail_art@elinas_nail_art

So pretty @EELINAA๐Ÿ™‚  

RE: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Hello nail lovelies. After a string of meh shellacโ€™s at the local school I am considering purchasing my own set and light. I am leaning toward a led light and have found some starter sets with the various coats and binders, but was wondering if anyone had brand recommends or advice for venturing out on this at home? Also curious about comparability between brands. I am familiar with shellac and Gelish, and had a recommendation for DND. Any help is appreciated!

RE: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I do my own gel nails and I bought a cheap light off amazon. My nails didnโ€™t seem to last long so I went out and got a gelish light and changed a few things and now my nails last super long. I usually get tired of the colour before they chip or lift. I use ASP, Gelish and China glaze gel polishes. I got them all from Sallyโ€™s beauty store. One suggestion I would say is some kits say to use a prep wipe before you apply bonder and my suggestion is not to. And to use a dry paper towel to brush off the dust from your nail. And when you are tugging up your nail only go one way not back and forth!! Hope you have good luck doing your own!! I was paying between $30-60 for my nails and they would peel or crack within a week of getting them done and I was so frustrated. They never use to until the salon changed brands. So I invested into doing my own and itโ€™s way better.

Here are my two most recent manicures - a very very messy nail art manicure for national lipstick day!  (apparently the only photo I took was right after doing them, but before cleaning up the nail polish smeared on my fingers... ๐Ÿ™ˆIMG_4134.JPG

IMG_4135.JPG

And then my current manicure, a stamped design with chrome powder over bare nails.  It's hard to capture the shift in a photo, but they shift from green to purple in different lights.  

IMG_4132.jpg

Related note - does anyone know why all the Nails Inc Polish is on sale on Sephora?  I hope they're not discontinuing them - they make my absolute favorite top and base coats!

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Nails Inc. Holler-graphic #holographic nails in Ghetto Galactic. Something bought in store that's authentically #holo. I so love this pink holo. Perfect for sunny days (or whenever you feel glam ๐Ÿ˜‰). It comes in a set of 2 colours. The other one is a silver holo. This is a typical Nails Inc quality. Great rounded edge brush that's easy to apply. But needs 2 coats to be opaque. I also love that it's quick drying and easy to remove without leaving glitter flakes on your nail. #holographicnails #holonails #holosexual

@tammyyim1 - Oh, I love this!  It's so glittery, but sophisticated at the same time. 

@tammyyim1 I love this colour! Itโ€™s quite bling-bling but gorgeous ๐Ÿ’œ ! I would definitely wear this colour! 

Sall Hansen Color Therapy Reflection Pool

This line includes argan oil and is designed to be worn without a base coat, to be nourishing and moisturizing to your nails. Sounds interesting, but I read a few reviews that said some of the darker/brighter colors stained, so I played it safe and used a base anyways.

I liked the color when I applied it last night; in my indoor lighting, it's just a basic (but lovely) green-leaning teal. Now that I'm seeing it in daylight, it's much more fascinating! It's got a low-key shift to it, like a light version of ILNP's ultrachromes. There's a darker royal blue and even a touch of lavender in the right light ๐Ÿ’œ IMG_20180804_144219861_HDR.jpg

@RGbrownWhat a gorgeous color!  How is the wear time for this polish?

@Milou07Unidentified

I'm on day 7 with it, and it has been quite respectable! Tip wear, of course, but nothing major. I've chipped one (only one after this long is amazing for me) and the polish on my two thinnest nails has cracked a bit because the nails bend so easily, but all in all it has worn quite well!

@RGbrown - that's awesome!  Thank you for the detailed review! โ˜บ๏ธ

@RGbrown This colour reminds me of my trip to Hawaii! The ocean at the Na Pali coast was the same blue as your nail polish ๐Ÿโ›ฐ๐ŸŒบ! Great souvenirs...

@keana1

Hawaii is gorgeous...I'd love to get back one day! โค๏ธ

@RGbrown Me too! I wouldnโ€™t mind taking another 11 hour flight again to return to Hawaii! I would return in a heartbeat! I visited the 4 biggest islands! They are quite different but all of them are gorgeous! 

Oh I love this color @RGbrown!!!

@veronika23Unidentified oh yes, I think you would love it! I've been sitting on it for months and am so happy I finally got around to using it! ๐Ÿ’™ @veronika23

@RGbrown  It's very nice. I'm sure I would love it too! I've been buying way too much nail polishes in the last little while... I kinda went crazy LOL ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

@veronika23 

I know the feeling. I've done good about stopping the mega-hauls, but when I keep picking up one or two here and one or two there...well...my stash of new ones to try never gets smaller, no matter how many times I change my polish ๐Ÿ˜›

hahaha yeah! I don't even know how I'll get through what I've picked up lately! ๐Ÿ˜„  @RGbrown

2 Replies
testing