Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: RE: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I didn't know we carried this in a Rose Gold color! So pretty! Formula X nail polishes were my favorite. I'm pretty bummed they've been discontinued 😞 @keana1

@DaneeBT So am I! They had great colors and fun topcoats! 😢 Do you know why Formula X was discontinued?

@keana1, Agreed! Kendo has made the decision to focus its efforts on growing and launching new brands. I'm hoping we will be carrying a similar brand or similar nail polishes in the near future!

@DaneeBT Me too! Thanks for replying 😉!

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

I have been loving Twinkled T nail powders, they are so satisfying to buff on! This is Trapeze, it's a multi chrome that shifts green-magenta-purple. Of the colors I have tried, this has the most smooth mirror like finish. I love it & need more greens in my collection! (Maybe I don't need, but I unreasonably, strongly, want for sure)

Twinkled T Trapeze (and a bee)Twinkled T Trapeze (and a bee)

Love this color and the bee, @playingdressup❤️

Gorgeous shift and beautiful finish!  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ @playingdressup

Thank you @itsfi! I'm loving a chrome finish right now

RE: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Masura Fire Opal. The pictures don’t do it justice. It is described as a black translucent jelly with multicolored mica. This is not glitter. It lays pretty flat and reflects gold, red, green, orange, and pink. The overall effect is a shimmering gleam reminiscent of mica. Really pretty and very durable. I work a lot with my hands and if it can last more than 24 hours with no chipping, it’s durable.

@teufel This reminds me of a black opal that I had before losing it when I moved! It probably looks much better in real life! 🖤

It actually does resemble black opal. Not sure why they chose to call it Fire Opal which looks completely different

One of my latest additions from ILNP:  On Location

071618ilnp.PNG

@Tamara76  What a fun summer colour! Glitters too!

Thanks, @Guessgal! ❤️

Giving Formula X another shot this week; I know they were so very loved by so many folks, but I haven't had much luck with what I've tried so far. It seems to get so brittle on me that they crack and chip almost immediately, and day three looks more like two weeks of wear. But...I've found a base coat that seems to work exceptionally well at making my other polishes last longer, so I decided another round of testing was in order.

I'm also having a devil of a time getting the correct color to show up. I even went into advanced camera mode and played with every setting, trying to tweak the results, but didn't have much luck. The photo looks like a flat French blue, but the color IRL is quite a bit richer and deeper. (Although...it almost has a dirty look to it IRL too, like there's a yellow-grey film over it, so I'm kinda not surprised it didn't photograph well. I'm also not sure I like it. It just looks a bit off on me, like it's pulling out a jaundice tone in my skin. Such a shame because it looked so pretty in the bottle ☹️).

Formula X Full Strength, Let's Do This (teal)

Formula X Effects, Athena (holo tips)IMG_20180715_120547010.jpg

@RGbrown

how cool! did you do that by hand or use one of those stencil things?

i bought wayy too many formX polishes when they were on sale last summer. need to be better about using them! what was the base coat?

@BrwnSugaGUnidentified

Essence makes a set of French Manicure sticker guides in various shapes, one of which is the zig zag I used here. Ulta used to carry them, but they don't anymore (but I found a bunch on clearance at one store a few months back, yay! 😅)

The base I'm using lately is Perfect Formula. I'm really liking it! My nails are fairly thin and peeling, and polish doesn't normally last long because of that, but this is helping me get longer wear out of my manicures. 💜

I really love the color and love you decorated the tips, @RGbrown! ❤️ 

aw shucks, thankee ma'am 🙂 @Tamara76

@RGbrown  It's too bad that you don't like the colour on you... I really like how you designed the tips tho! 

@Guessgal thanks so much!

And eh, win some, lose some. It's not like I don't have eighty bajillion other shades to pick from hahaha 😛

testing