Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Time for a little bright summer fun!

Zoya Brynn (pink)

Zoya Dory (blue)

Both are incredibly easy creams to work with, for which I breathe a sigh of relief. Not streaky, good coverage, thin enough to work with without being so thin they flood out. I'm learning to appreciate a good cream, slowly but surely 😀

IMG_20180515_163542106.jpg

Pre-topcoat because I just *know* I'll wind up screwing them up 😅

@RGbrown 

I love these colors together and your nail designs are so cute!

@itsfi thanks so much! ❣️

So cute for spring, @RGbrown!   I love them! ❤️

@Tamara76 thanks so much! 💗

Love the flowers @RGbrown! Recently just took my Nexgen off for the first time in a while and don't know what to do with my nails lol. This is good inspo!

@Mcakes thanks so much!

I'm not terribly handy with the artistic end of doing my nails, but a dotting tool really opens up at least some basic designs (heck, a toothpick would probably work too, lol) 😃

RE: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Just got my nails done today. I wish the ribbon was rose gold but I love it anyway

Re: RE: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

So pretty, @RxEkaterina! ❤️

I'm not a huge green fan (I'm working on it 😋), but this has just the perfect touch of blue to make the most gorgeous deep teal shade I've ever seen. I'd actually consider asking them to change the name to Mermaid Tail because all I see is gorgeous deep waters where I imagine the merfolk are playing 😄

China Glaze Watermelon RindIMG_20180505_134957886.jpg

Pretty color and the name is well-suited! ❤️   @RGbrown

Loving this design 😍

Beautiful, @lorrainejrd7! ❤️

I love my red carpet at home gel mani’s! Colors are A NY Minute and Cinderella 💙💅🏼

If anyone is considering this system or any at home gel manicure tools this is my mani that will be two weeks old tomorrow basically just my nail growth but polish is completely intact! Ulta always has sales on it and the polishes!

This looks great, @SAlyFitz!  I have been really curious about that brand - this is an awesome recommendation! ❤️

I learned a lesson this time: never give up on a brand before trying it with different base and top coats. My first experience with a Julep polish was abysmal...7 hours after painting them, they were still wet wet wet. I haven't been terribly keen on testing them much since then, but I decided to give them another shot today, and seem to have nailed (heh heh) a much better combo. Nail Envy as a base and Julep's own top coat, and these dried in next to no time. I'm still not terribly impressed with the finish...there's a bit of texture/dimpling and even a few brush strokes in the top coat; it's not a shiny, smooth, glass-like appearance, but maybe a second top coat would fix that...might try that later.

In any case, this is a lovely color...I can never get enough of the pink-leaning purples. Julep DoraIMG_20180419_163804756.jpg

Lovely color, @RGbrown! ❤️

@RGbrown  That’s good to hear that you found a better nail combo for the Julep polish. Can’t see the texture in this pic, just a lovely magenta shine 🤗

@Guessgal

Oooohhhhh, I meant to come back and update this post. Sadly, julep went back in my bubble of "not looking forward to messing with again" when I added another clear coat the next day. It melted the edges, which then slid both inward and outward, shrinking the area of full-coverage polish but leaving a messy sheer ring all around my cuticles. I'll give them one more shot where I make sure my top coat is smooth before cleaning up, but I'm not sure if that'll help with the shrink or not. 😐Even the tips shrank! :(Even the tips shrank! 😞

@RGbrown  Wow I've never seen nail polish react like that. Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time with the Julep polish. I haven't bought any Julep products before so I'm not sure how they typically perform...

4 Replies
testing