Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Nailed It

New Acrylic and Nail Art

I decided to go ahead and post this since I may not be on the computer tomorrow.  I tried a new brand of acrylic and powder: IBD.  I like it much better than the ASP liquid and powder.  During application, I had a few problems with the new Beauty Secrets brush I got at Sally's.  Thank goodness it was on sale.  It shed quite a bit, and it gunked up quickly.  I don't know if I picked up a bad brush or what.  Oh well.  Despite the brush, it was easier to attempt to build up the stress point with the IBD acrylic.

A while after, I went in for the nail art! lol.  I decided to do an angled played up french manicure (does it even have a formal name? lol) with stripes and glitter.

Products used:

OPI Teal the Cows Come Home (lightest blue)

OPI Into the Night (dark blue stripes)

Sally Hansen Gem Crush blue glitter

Orly quick drying top coat

Re: New Acrylic and Nail Art

OOOOH Very pretty! I love that blue leopard look and the sparkles! It makes me think of a Cinderella gone wild lol, how fun! The nails are coming along really nicely- Kimmi if you ever decide to not get into teaching you have to work in a fancy nail salon! I would totally come to you! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Thanks!  Cinderella gone wild, love that!  Smiley Very Happy  I would love just to see what a fancy nail salon is like!  There isn't really one like that around here; mainly smaller salons and the ones in Walmart.  

walmart has nail salons? then again, the nearest walmart to me is a good 45 minute drive or more. Smiley Sad I have nail salons in my entire neighborhood, 3 within just 5 blocks of each other! Since I do my nails so much myself I hardly go but I've seen some REAL fancy ones downtown! Also a good arm and a leg in price! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

It's scary to think Walmart has nail salons, well, the Super Center Walmarts do at least.  The one where I live is called Regal nails.  I think most of the ones in Walmart are called Regal nails.  I know the hair salons are pretty much the same in them.  The one where I live looks kinda....well...sketchy lol.  I looked at their polish rack in passing, and I didn't recognize any of the brands.  

Hi, Kimmi!  Wow, these acrylic nails look really good!  I love blue, and the design is great.

Thank you!  I almost thought about using gray and black to match my cat's stripes lol.

Highlighted

Oooh, I just love the spotting and tiger-type striping!  So very cute and summery!  I second Diana's suggestion and I would seriously think of having you do my nails if you go professional when I go to Dollywood. (On my bucket list). I also want to go to Nashville and see the Grand Old Opry, just for fun.

If I've got the license by that time, just let me know! lol  Dollywood is so much fun, and there are so many things to do in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg in general.

Looks great!  You've made such progress in such little time with your acrylics skills, Kimmi!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 34 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos5
  • IMG_0081.JPG
  • IMG_0087.JPG
  • IMG_0088.JPG
  • IMG_0090.JPG
  • frame nails.JPG