Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Nailed It

Nail Polish and Consumer Reports

Anyone see this Consumer Reports study that tested 10 different polishes including a $2 one from Walgreens called Sinful Colors and the $27 one from Chanel?  Of course there were eight in between.  Any guesses on the results.  The $2 one came out on top while the Chanel finished in last place.  As a nail polish enthusiast, I wanted to pass along the news.  I am going to pick one up and give it a try.  That is so cheap that it is not breaking a no buy, right?  

Re: Nail Polish and Consumer Reports

Wait, macarons are different from macaroons. Macaroon is a cluster of coconut sometimes dipped in chocolate. Macaron, or french Macaron, is a very delicate cookie sandwich where the cookies are made with almond flour and egg white so it's crispy on the outside and soft/pillowy on the side, with a filling made of lightly sweetened cream or jam. It's very difficult to get right since you can't under or over mix and temperature is important, too. Eventho it's pretty tasty when you get it wrong anyways. *cough* I may or may not have researched/attempted to make it and decided it was too much trouble.

......so.......nail polish....lol.

I hate coconut, so my SIL makes great macarons.  Have I mentioned before that I cannot spell?  I did not even notice you and I had typed something different.  

How can I think about nail polish when all this talk of food is making me hungry, lol?

lol, I like coconut water and coconut milk, but I don't like coconut meat or flakes unless it's toasted so it's nutty and crunchy, perfect topping for yogurt.

Ooohh, I approve of your SIL, lol. Envy~~~

My SIL is pretty cool when she cooks for all of us.  She cooks expensive food, so she would go broke if she did it too often.  Mostly, she just cooks for herself and her wife.  She always makes me look bad at Christmas and Thanksgiving, because I buy takeout (from the grocery stores and Honeybaked Ham).  Her food always tastes better than what I bring too.

Okay, for real now,    ....  Sorry mods..... back to topic....... nail polish

Today I tried some coconut flakes that were vegan and mean to taste like bacon. They werent half bad. 

Interesting, I had the opposite experience, where I was making coconut curry and put in too much coconut milk. After 4 or 5 days (I like making big batches), the beef in the curry taste like beef textured coconut! There's zero taste of beef left. =X

Smiley Surprised whaaaaaaa?????

And now *I* need to get one of those at Trader Joes...that sounds delicious!!!

They were sold out almost every time I went into the store for months, so I boycotted the store in silent protest for a little while.  If you can find them at your store though, get them.  I love them so much.  The problem is they are so good that you will be mad when they do not have them in stock.

Lol wow they sound like a limited edition makeup collection or something Smiley Very Happy  I will for sure check it out and hope my local store has some!

143 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • nail polish 1.jpg
  • nail polish 2.jpg
  • Julep June 2014.jpg
  • Haul 060314.jpg
  • poolside paradise.jpg
  • upload_4747296110527995759.jpg