Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Nailed It

Nail Polish and Consumer Reports

Anyone see this Consumer Reports study that tested 10 different polishes including a $2 one from Walgreens called Sinful Colors and the $27 one from Chanel?  Of course there were eight in between.  Any guesses on the results.  The $2 one came out on top while the Chanel finished in last place.  As a nail polish enthusiast, I wanted to pass along the news.  I am going to pick one up and give it a try.  That is so cheap that it is not breaking a no buy, right?  

Highlighted

Re: Nail Polish and Consumer Reports

It's just so easy to add on the add ons! I'm pretty sure that if there's a discount involved it does not, in fact, violate a no buy. Plus, it's also an extension of your existing subscription. And then, there's always the special allowance for limited edition items. 

And…hellooooo…it's your birthday! Have a happy one!

Thanks for that.  I am feeling better already and will probably do more add ons on the 20th.  Thank you, but it is nowhere near my birthday.  I am a new Maven (only 2 regular boxes so far), so I did not know they were doing birthstone polishes until I got an email about June's yesterday.  I followed the link, and mine is still available for now.  I fear it will go away if I wait too long as I am sure there are a limited number just like with their other polishes.

There's some $99 polishes from wet n wild that work just fine for me

$99 is a little more than I want to spend on nail polish, lol.

All joking aside, thanks for the tip.  My son made me buy a Wet N Wild eyeshadow palette a while back (in anticipation of a trip to that water park).  I have yet to use it and have never tried anything from the brand (not even when I was a kid).  If the palette works out, I will give the nail polish a shot down the road.

lol! money is no object for me, sometimes they even have a buy two get one free, so you get three polishes for only 200 bucks, pretty sweet deal

I'd be all over that one, lol.

LOL, I remember reading that post, soo cute! But I started off with Wet n Wild polishes. They chipped like a bag of BBQ Lays..

Haha.  I may hold off for a little while then.  Now, I want Lays, but I do not have any.

Honey BBQ Lays!!

I'm on a cut down on junk food time out... Smiley Sad

I am trying to do that myself.  For me, I find it easier to calorie restrict rather than junk food restrict.  That way, I can still enjoy my occasional junk food.  Instead of eating the entire snack bag of Lays as I usually would, I try to eat 8-10 and give the rest to my kiddos (plus one of my kiddos is still underweight and can use the extra calories).  It is working for me so far.  My husband is good at completely eliminating junk food when he goes strict, but it is harder for me.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • nail polish 1.jpg
  • nail polish 2.jpg
  • Julep June 2014.jpg
  • Haul 060314.jpg
  • poolside paradise.jpg
  • upload_4747296110527995759.jpg