Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Nailed It

Nail Polish and Consumer Reports

Anyone see this Consumer Reports study that tested 10 different polishes including a $2 one from Walgreens called Sinful Colors and the $27 one from Chanel?  Of course there were eight in between.  Any guesses on the results.  The $2 one came out on top while the Chanel finished in last place.  As a nail polish enthusiast, I wanted to pass along the news.  I am going to pick one up and give it a try.  That is so cheap that it is not breaking a no buy, right?  

Re: Nail Polish and Consumer Reports

Dang! That a lot of polish! I'm very jealous Smiley Happy 

i keep trying to streamline my collection too. I just tossed a ton of older, cheaper polishes. I'm trying to keep my collection limited to a wall rack my dad built me. It can hold about 70 polishes, so that at least keeps me in check when I want to buy more!

I went back last night and counted the polishes on the racks in that thread and it appears that most people get in the 70s per rack, so I would need about 2.  The problem is at the rate I am growing them I would probably need 3 in no time. Maybe I am better off keeping them in bins put away in the closet.  Or, maybe, I should take this as a sign that I should cancel my Julep subscription pretty soon.  Who needs more than 150 polishes?  Maybe, that should be my cut off.  46 more, and I am done.  

The problem with that philosophy is I would still get them from time to time in promos and subscription boxes and I hate going through my stash and tossing old ones to prevent from moving into a new bin (or shelving unit if I eventually buy some).

Highlighted

My Julep order just arrived, so I guess I have 111 now.  That number has a nice ring to it.

Hmm was that company Henkel by chance? Just wondering

Nope, a big name US company. 

Two of my meteorites pearls fell on the floor, so I decided to crush them and mix it in my cheap hello kitty nail polish for a DIY post I'm writing. Surprisingly, the wear time is pretty good (and it looks pretty). I'm excited.

Oh no, I was so sad when a couple of my Too Faced sweetheart beads landed on the floor.  I would probably cry if my meteorites hit the floor.  It was so smart of you to think of something to do with them though, so they were not a total loss.  I just threw mine away.  If it happens again, I will probably do the same thing.  Thanks for the tip.

It's prettier than I expected! It's a pink and a shimmery white ball, so it turned my clear polish into this sheer pinky shimmery color. I just wish I had crushed the powder more finely and had a better way of mixing it when I dumped it into the bottle of polish, but so far so good. I don't like the gritty texture, but I can't find my top coat. I need to clean my room. T.T

Hopefully, you find it soon.  It was a really clever idea.

@beautytester I really like your new icon!! Smiley Happy so cute!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • nail polish 1.jpg
  • nail polish 2.jpg
  • Julep June 2014.jpg
  • Haul 060314.jpg
  • poolside paradise.jpg
  • upload_4747296110527995759.jpg