Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Monthly Manicure Challenge 2024

Welcome to the Monthly Manicure Challenge! There’s a lot of great manicure ideas and inspiration here on BIC. I find challenges are a great way to channel that inspiration, push me out of my comfort zone, and try new styles or colours I wouldn’t normally go for. It’s a great way to grow in skill and artistry. I hope you’ll join me on this journey.

All are welcome, whether you’re a pro or a novice like me, or if you have a favourite manicurist that is the only one you trust with your hands. You’re welcome to post as often or as little as you like, post late, or skip challenges completely. And feel free to post them on Show Me Your Nails 2.0 too!

March 2024 - Spring Cleaning

Spring time is just around the corner. It also marks the time of year when many people will go through their homes, sort through its contents, and clean up anything no longer necessary. I thought we could apply that same concept to our polish collections. 

For this month, shop your stash for polishes that haven’t been used in a while and give them a try again. Do they still spark joy or should they be cleared out for something new?

See My Original Post That Started This Challenge Here

Spoiler

I’ve been a part of BIC for a while now. I’ve seen makeup, skincare, and photography challenges, which have been great for giving me inspiration, but nothing for mani’s. I love Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023 because it’s given me lots of inspiration, pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped me grow in my skills and artistry. I’d probably be stuck doing the same looks if it weren’t for that. I know we have Show Me Your Nails 2.0 which has been a great source of inspiration. I don’t want to take away from it but rather give myself and others a way to narrow down all the great ideas from it and get outside of my comfort zone (which has been bright colours and sparkly toppers lately)

Would there be any interest in starting a challenge for mani’s? We could have a different theme every month or even twice a month so that people can wear their mani’s out without worrying about missing one. People could always revisit themes if they miss them but still want to participate. I’m happy to organize it and if people have ideas for themes, I’m happy to work them in. What do you all think? Let me know if we should go one or twice a month and any themes you might want to see. 

Tagging some people but feel free to tag others who I missed or who you think might be interested.

@RGbrown @Titian06 @itsfi @CynthieLu @ather @jaaayp @Saradestin @Mellmars1185 @WinglessOne @Samtian 

Previous Challenges

Spoiler
May 2023 - May Flowers
June 2023 - Child At Heart
July 2023 - Fireworks/Canada Day/Fourth of July
August 2023 - A Day At The Beach
September 2023 - We Now Return You To Your Regularly Scheduled Program: TV/Movie Inspired Manicures
October 2023 - Trick or Treat! Halloween-Inspired Mani’s
November 2023 - Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice
December 2024 - Happy Holidays: Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, New Years!
January 2024 - New Year Newness
February 2024 - Love and Fortune

Upcoming Challenegs (*Spoiler Alert!* ⚠️ Click at your own risk!)

Spoiler
March 2024 - March Madness

In Case You’re Interested In Other Challenges

Re: Monthly Manicure Challenge 2023

Thank you @JoSometimes 🌛

IMG_3082.jpeg

Indirect Sunlight (sorry for the blurry photo!)

Glitter glitter everywhere! I was planning to check out some pride events this month and decided to rep the trans flag colours of blue, white, and pink too. This took WAAAY longer than I wanted because I kept smudging fingers. It’s been hot and humid here recently so I guess I have to be even more patient now.

I’ll cross post the exact polishes on Show Me Your Nails 2.0 

I know what you mean,  humidity and nail drying are not friends. This one was worth the work thou, it's a beautiful mani. @JoSometimes 

Thank you @CynthieLu! This manicure has garnered a quite a few compliments, yours included. 😊

Did someone say glitter

6.3.2023 Glitter Mani.jpg

Danglefoot Polish is a UK-based indie nail polish brand. Danglefoot Zoltar Says Make Your Wish was part of a Polish Pick Up haul last year. It's a reflective glitter polish; this is 2 coats, before a top coat.

I really love this polish @itsfi I need more sparkly ️ oranges in my collection.  This one is beautiful!

@itsfi 

That's a fabulous color, and I bet the reflective glitter looks amazing!

Glitter 🤩🤩🤩 my sparkly glitter-hoarding goblin hands will be all over this thread this month 😂

IMG_20230603_125717739.jpg

Glitter and rainbow colors, what's not to love? 

IMG_20230603_130226024_HDR.jpg

Tangentially related aside, my favorite glitter meme is twofold...yes, glitter is my favorite color, but also, um, font matters 🧐😂

4ab1d031-432a-4bee-8b4a-6b9fc5d0b6cb-screen-shot-2017-07-25-at-100613-am.jpeg

@RGbrown your color choices!! 👏👏👏

Oooh this is phenomenally fun! I love how you used the glitter. 😄 (I will defintley try that at some point. 😉) and it's a rainbow 🌈 perfect! @RGbrown 

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! Nothing beats rainbows and sparkle 🌈

@RGbrown Love the glitter, love the rainbow, love this mani! I like that you concentrated it as just a line of glitter down the centre. Definitely stealing that idea someday!

@JoSometimes 

Thanks so much! And steal away! 💖

💫June is glitter for me 💫

I updated my mani with my sparkle rainbow toppers. One is big circle pieces, the other is rainbow glitter and halo pieces. 

MTXX_MH20230602_155457546.jpg

A sun lit photo was not in the cards today,  we're supposed to be getting thunderstorms and the cloud cover isn't breaking.  ️ but when I move my fingers it's glittery rainbows everywhere! 🤩

@CynthieLu 

Ahhh, fabulous update, glitter is always a welcome addition! 💖

Thank you 😊 @RGbrown  I'm always down to sparkle 💖

Cuteee! Glitter is always fun @CynthieLu 🥰

@jaaayp So fun to use,  but sooo hard to clean up. 😉 Sparkles love to hang around forever, lol. 

@CynthieLu That is really pretty!!

Thank you 💖 @Samtian 🙂 I was very exited to try to boost up my glittery-ness for this challenge.

They already look like fun @CynthieLu! I can’t to see what it looks like in full sun!

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos125
  • IMG_2607.jpeg
  • IMG_2605.jpeg
  • image.jpg
  • IMG_20230516_151537103.jpg
  • 20230517_201512.jpg
  • MTXX_MH20230518_175733179.jpg
  • MTXX_MH20230518_175528998.jpg
  • IMG_2747.jpeg
  • 20230519_091345.jpg