Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Monthly Manicure Challenge 2024

Welcome to the Monthly Manicure Challenge! There’s a lot of great manicure ideas and inspiration here on BIC. I find challenges are a great way to channel that inspiration, push me out of my comfort zone, and try new styles or colours I wouldn’t normally go for. It’s a great way to grow in skill and artistry. I hope you’ll join me on this journey.

All are welcome, whether you’re a pro or a novice like me, or if you have a favourite manicurist that is the only one you trust with your hands. You’re welcome to post as often or as little as you like, post late, or skip challenges completely. And feel free to post them on Show Me Your Nails 2.0 too!

March 2024 - Spring Cleaning

Spring time is just around the corner. It also marks the time of year when many people will go through their homes, sort through its contents, and clean up anything no longer necessary. I thought we could apply that same concept to our polish collections. 

For this month, shop your stash for polishes that haven’t been used in a while and give them a try again. Do they still spark joy or should they be cleared out for something new?

See My Original Post That Started This Challenge Here

Spoiler

I’ve been a part of BIC for a while now. I’ve seen makeup, skincare, and photography challenges, which have been great for giving me inspiration, but nothing for mani’s. I love Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023 because it’s given me lots of inspiration, pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped me grow in my skills and artistry. I’d probably be stuck doing the same looks if it weren’t for that. I know we have Show Me Your Nails 2.0 which has been a great source of inspiration. I don’t want to take away from it but rather give myself and others a way to narrow down all the great ideas from it and get outside of my comfort zone (which has been bright colours and sparkly toppers lately)

Would there be any interest in starting a challenge for mani’s? We could have a different theme every month or even twice a month so that people can wear their mani’s out without worrying about missing one. People could always revisit themes if they miss them but still want to participate. I’m happy to organize it and if people have ideas for themes, I’m happy to work them in. What do you all think? Let me know if we should go one or twice a month and any themes you might want to see. 

Tagging some people but feel free to tag others who I missed or who you think might be interested.

@RGbrown @Titian06 @itsfi @CynthieLu @ather @jaaayp @Saradestin @Mellmars1185 @WinglessOne @Samtian 

Previous Challenges

Spoiler
May 2023 - May Flowers
June 2023 - Child At Heart
July 2023 - Fireworks/Canada Day/Fourth of July
August 2023 - A Day At The Beach
September 2023 - We Now Return You To Your Regularly Scheduled Program: TV/Movie Inspired Manicures
October 2023 - Trick or Treat! Halloween-Inspired Mani’s
November 2023 - Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice
December 2024 - Happy Holidays: Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, New Years!
January 2024 - New Year Newness
February 2024 - Love and Fortune

Upcoming Challenegs (*Spoiler Alert!* ⚠️ Click at your own risk!)

Spoiler
March 2024 - March Madness

In Case You’re Interested In Other Challenges

Re: Monthly Manicure Challenge 2023

@Samtian THE COLORS ARE SO PRETTY! definitely screams flowers without actual flowers 💐 

@jaaayp Thank you! I really like these colors. 

IMG_5450.jpeg

IMG_5456.jpeg

 In love with my mani!😍 Shoutout to my incredibly talented nail artist

Gorgeous manicure @juli2121 ! 😍

@juli2121 Those are really cool!!

That looks so cute @juli2121! Your nail tech is amazing. 

I don't pull out my stamping stuff as much as I should anymore, but my pastel mani felt unfinished, so it got a floral update last night 🌼

IMG_20230521_123429929_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230521_124236062_HDR.jpg

Base colors: (all Morgan Taylor) Tinsel My Fancy, Light Elegance, Magic Within, Do You Harajuku?

Stamping stuff: Maniology M178 plate, stamped with MT Little Black Dress

Flowers filled in with People of Color Calypso (orange), Londontown Daisy Chain (yellow), Londontown Mistletoe (green), MT Arctic Freeze (white), OPI OPI Red (dark pink), Revlon Vivacious (light pink), MT Scene Queen (silvery white)

Whoa. 🤩 The updates you made with the floral stamps are phenomenal @RGbrown! I’m particularly loving the ring finger nail on the left hand. 😍 The yellow flowers looks beautiful! 💛

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! It was nice to put some of my stamping stuff to use for once 🌸

@RGbrown, I hear ya! I need to get back to stamping … at some point. 😂 

@RGbrown oh... my.... gawsh? THESE ARE SO CUTE!!!! ❤️😍❤️😍❤️ WTHECK @RGbrown!!!!! 

@jaaayp @Samtian 

Thanks so much y'all! These were a blast to make 💖

@RGbrown oh my gosh I am obsessed with these!!!

…and taking it to another level, @JoSometimes …is @RGbrown. The bleeding heart stamp, wow, that is gorgeous. I’ve never tried that technique and frankly, I just want to admire it because I do not need another rabbit hole to fall into 🤣

@eshoe 

Thanks so much! And I totally get not wanting to fall in the rabbit hole 😂

Ha! And I just noticed another of your nails is stamped lily of the valley 🌟 You are so talented!!

Woooooow!!!! Your stamping is on another level @RGbrown !!! Spectacular!! 😍😍😍 Such a gorgeous way to give your pastel mani a twist!

@Saradestin @CynthieLu @Titian06 

Thanks so much y'all! 🌸

Your stamping is sooo pretty! @RGbrown 

Your stamping looks awesome, @RGbrown ! 🤩🌻🌷💖

Wow @RGbrown! The manicure already looked amazing as it was. These stamps are next level! I especially like the yellow daffodils (at least that’s what I think they are…)  

Conversation Stats
Photos125
  • IMG_2607.jpeg
  • IMG_2605.jpeg
  • image.jpg
  • IMG_20230516_151537103.jpg
  • 20230517_201512.jpg
  • MTXX_MH20230518_175733179.jpg
  • MTXX_MH20230518_175528998.jpg
  • IMG_2747.jpeg
  • 20230519_091345.jpg
  • 20230519_091415.jpg