Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Monthly Manicure Challenge 2024

Welcome to the Monthly Manicure Challenge! Thereโ€™s a lot of great manicure ideas and inspiration here on BIC. I find challenges are a great way to channel that inspiration, push me out of my comfort zone, and try new styles or colours I wouldnโ€™t normally go for. Itโ€™s a great way to grow in skill and artistry. I hope youโ€™ll join me on this journey.

All are welcome, whether youโ€™re a pro or a novice like me, or if you have a favourite manicurist that is the only one you trust with your hands. Youโ€™re welcome to post as often or as little as you like, post late, or skip challenges completely. And feel free to post them on Show Me Your Nails 2.0 too!

April 2024 - April Showers

Iโ€™m sure we all know how the idiom goes: โ€œApril showers bring May flowers.โ€ So letโ€™s see your water themed manicures this month!

And it doesnโ€™t have to be typical blues for water either. Feel free to try techniques that involve water in some way! Hydrodipping, water marbling, droplet effects, etcโ€ฆ Feel free to try any of these and show us the results!

See My Original Post That Started This Challenge Here

Spoiler

Iโ€™ve been a part of BIC for a while now. Iโ€™ve seen makeup, skincare, and photography challenges, which have been great for giving me inspiration, but nothing for maniโ€™s. I love Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023 because itโ€™s given me lots of inspiration, pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped me grow in my skills and artistry. Iโ€™d probably be stuck doing the same looks if it werenโ€™t for that. I know we have Show Me Your Nails 2.0 which has been a great source of inspiration. I donโ€™t want to take away from it but rather give myself and others a way to narrow down all the great ideas from it and get outside of my comfort zone (which has been bright colours and sparkly toppers lately)

Would there be any interest in starting a challenge for maniโ€™s? We could have a different theme every month or even twice a month so that people can wear their maniโ€™s out without worrying about missing one. People could always revisit themes if they miss them but still want to participate. Iโ€™m happy to organize it and if people have ideas for themes, Iโ€™m happy to work them in. What do you all think? Let me know if we should go one or twice a month and any themes you might want to see. 

Tagging some people but feel free to tag others who I missed or who you think might be interested.

@RGbrown @Titian06 @itsfi @CynthieLu @ather @jaaayp @Saradestin @Mellmars1185 @WinglessOne @Samtian 

Previous Challenges

Spoiler
May 2023 - May Flowers
June 2023 - Child At Heart
July 2023 - Fireworks/Canada Day/Fourth of July
August 2023 - A Day At The Beach
September 2023 - We Now Return You To Your Regularly Scheduled Program: TV/Movie Inspired Manicures
October 2023 - Trick or Treat! Halloween-Inspired Maniโ€™s
November 2023 - Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice
December 2024 - Happy Holidays: Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, New Years!
January 2024 - New Year Newness
February 2024 - Love and Fortune
March 2024 - Spring Cleaning

Upcoming Challenegs (*Spoiler Alert!* โš ๏ธ Click at your own risk!)

Spoiler
May 2024 - May Flowers

In Case Youโ€™re Interested In Other Challenges

Re: Monthly Manicure Challenge 2023

@CynthieLu  You totally will! The more you do the better you get! When people at my work found out I did my own nails they sorta looked down on me. But another person started and asked me how I make my nails so perfect and I told them I had been doing my own nails for so long it just gets easier and looks better! Plus you find certain polishes that work better or you like better! Now everyone at my work is doing their own nails! 

Thank you @ather soo much. ๐Ÿ™ I appreciate all the support.  You are so kind.  Yours and everyone's beautiful manis are great inspiration to keep at it ๐Ÿ˜‰

I love how vibrant these are, @CynthieLu

Yay!! Never quit @CynthieLu !!!! Your flowers look gorgeous!!!! ๐Ÿฉท๐Ÿฉท๐Ÿฉท๐Ÿฉท๐Ÿฉท

I'm so glad you didn't give up, @CynthieLu !  Sometimes we just need a break, then we're ready to try again.  That's me with stamping. ๐Ÿ˜„

I'm too stubborn. I had to finish, but I did need a little break to give it another try. Thanks so much all of you! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Titian06 @Saradestin @eshoe 

Breaks are ok, @CynthieLu. Kind of great, actually!  

Definitely helpful @eshoe ๐Ÿ˜‰ it was alot harder than I thought it would be ๐Ÿ˜… 

Super cute @CynthieLu! The flowers look great and the colours are so fun! Using a toothpick was a great idea! You could also try an unbent bobby pin. Itโ€™s got a round tip like an actual dotting tool and would give you a second size. I saw it on a YouTube tutorial. 

I think we watched the same video ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜† @JoSometimes 

Great minds think a like @CynthieLu! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@CynthieLu  These are so fun! I love the colours!! Great job! 

@CynthieLu it's cute!!! You definitely will get better with practice. Behind every perfect nail, there's like 1,000,000 practice ones ๐Ÿ˜‚ also, your nails are so cute!!! My nail beds are long so even my short nails will never look as cute as yours!!!

Wow, nice try, @CynthieLu !  Love the colors! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ–ค

@JoSometimes thank you for including meeee. So honored ๐Ÿคฃ

I wanted to be active and early on this challenge, so I forcefully removed my previous gel and picked out some spring colors BUT I thought about fumbling with the dotting tools on a weekday and was like NAH ๐Ÿซฅ hehe.

May Flowers

20230517_201512.jpg

โ€ƒ

Such elegant designs, @jaaayp - reminds me of those dandelions, love!!

@jaaayp Oh wow that is amazing!

@jaaayp  These are gorgeous! Love them! 

I find your May Flowers mami so perfect @jaaayp ! It is so chic! ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›

@Saradestin thank you ๐Ÿฅฐ definitely not spring colors but I just got too excited to be part of the challenge ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Whaaa!? This is so crazy beautiful @jaaay! Whatโ€™s your secret!?

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos130
  • IMG_2607.jpeg
  • IMG_2605.jpeg
  • image.jpg
  • IMG_20230516_151537103.jpg
  • 20230517_201512.jpg
  • MTXX_MH20230518_175733179.jpg
  • MTXX_MH20230518_175528998.jpg
  • IMG_2747.jpeg
  • 20230519_091345.jpg