Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Magnetic nail polish

Ok I have a question I am wanting to try magnetic polish and found a brand I want to try but my question is can you add a gel top coat and cure it ?

Re: Magnetic nail polish

Hi! Sorry for this late reply but I just wanted to follow up and see if you found all the answers to your questions 

about magnetic nail Polish and I'd love to see if you were able to get a good design. Hope you have a great day!

Thanks for sharing your experience, it is very useful.

@Tina30219 

So you want to put a gel topcoat over regular polish? It can be done, but the regular polish needs to be *completely* dry (overnight minimum, 12+ hours is better) before adding gel on top.

@Tina30219 I don’t think you’re supposed to use gel top coat over regular polish since regular polish takes longer to dry and using the UV lamp will just seal in the moisture of the regular polish. They sell magnetic gel polish.

From what I understand, you want to keep the magnet in the position you want for the polish to have a certain effect and hold it in that position for at least 1 minute, to let the polish dry and not have the magnetic particles diffuse back into the polish. You can then repeat this after you apply the top coat. 

Great Discussion

@makeitup305   Thank you was not sure about this. Just looked up magnetic polish and

they have gel ones might try one of them once

I am ready to try them.

@Tina30219 gel polish has the advantage that it won't set until you cure it so you have time to play with the magnetic effect on your nail and get it just right before curing it. 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing