Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Nailed It

Lemon Lime Nails

After applying my acrylics, I decided it was time for some nail art!  I was going to do Margarita nails, but my lime fimo pieces would blend too well in with the polish.  So I went with a Lemon Lime theme.  

Each time I do acrylics, I learn at least one new thing.  This time, I really noticed how runny the ASP Aspire products are.  I read that another person on Instagram was having a similar issue.  No matter how lightly I dipped my brush into the liquid, the final product, after picking up my first bead, would be runny on my nail.  I'm  not sure if that is part of the ASP formula or what.  Also, the fimo pieces would work a lot better if encased in acrylic by using color acrylic powder and clear, but I'm not up to that step yet lol.

frame nails.JPG

After the acrylic process, I used the following products:

Beauty Secrets Base Coat

China Glaze Entourage (yay for eBay!)

StripeRite in Silver Glitter (this was going to be my margarita salt lol)

Orly Quick Drying Top Coat

Nail Glue and Lemon Fimo Pieces

Cina Top Coat and Bonder

Now, let's see how long the lemon pieces last lol.

Re: Lemon Lime Nails

@kimmi1115 - your nails came out so pretty! You are very talented!  i can not wear polish on my nails!  I have little ones and my hands are constantly in water!  Those little lemons would be doomed from the start.  I will have to live vicariously through you!  

I'm wondering if the lemons will survive my morning shower.  I hope they don't get caught while I scrub my hair lol.

Your nails look so adorable! Those little lemons make me think what a little tiny glass of lemonade would look likeSmiley Happy

Thanks!  Lemonade sounds pretty good right about now.  lol

So cute, Kimmi1115! And here comes my shameless plug - right on time for Mani Fridays! Post your nails there so our Twitter followers can see them too! Smiley Happy

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-Show-Tell/Mani-Friday-NARS-Pierre-Hardy/ba-p/513069

These are my favorite nails that you have done ever! Super cute. Makes me want summer to be here asap!

<3 Melissa

SO cute! I saw those little nail wheels of fruit and wanted to buy them but I'm afraid I'll lose them all! I can't believe I did the crazy 3-d nails before, it was SO hard to do anything with them.

I really love these, thanks as always for sharing! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Thank you!  I have to make sure I close the wheel correctly.  I didn't with one of my rhinestones ones, and one section of stones flew onto the table and floor lol.

Fun fun!!! I love the lime wedges, your nails make me think of garnished drink glasses!

Now I want lemonade and a margarita or something lol.

You should totally do drink glasses on your nails next time with the tips being the top/rim of the glass and you can draw out the body and then the stem to the base of your nail!

lol!  I actually did consider doing something like that!  Smiley Very Happy

WOW -- those are adorable! I want them!

By the way, Kimmi, I totally thought of you -- I follow someone called nycfiona (Fiona Byrne) on Instagram and you should check out some of her pictures if you ever think of it. They aren't always nail-related, but when they are, they're ridiculously good / cute (I think @ misspopnails does her manis). She posted an In-n-Out (the fast food chain) themed one recently, some happy faces, etc. You're way more talented than I am and you could pull off these complicated things!

Thanks!  I will have to look them up on Instagram.

Yaaaaaay! I was wondering when are you going to do the fruity nails. fun fun fun. Now I want to go grab a nice cold sweet drink. =]

I really want to use them with color acrylic.  I saw a YouTube video of a person creating a manicure with them, and it has been stuck in my head ever since!

Now, let's go to Chili's for a drink!  Smiley Very Happy

Chili's! Oh man, haven't been there since forEVER. Gosh, I gotta go back to TX some times and just stuff myself with some good old TexMex.

Very cute!

Thank you, starletta8!! Smiley Happy

Those look amazing! I wish I was that talented.

Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 47 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos1
  • frame nails.JPG