Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|
Anonymous Insider

Has anyone tried Bong Seon Hwa (Korean Nail Dying/Staining)????

I saw a video on this just a few days ago. If I remember correctly, the process uses flowers to do the dying. Reminded me of Henna but I don't want to make assumptions and say they are the same. I think it was from Refinery29 or some type of website like that. Just wondering if anyone has tried. I work as a baker right now, so getting acrylics or painting my nails isn't really the best option for me. I want to start taking care of them and I want them to be cute too! 

Hope to hear from any of you soon!

Re: Has anyone tried Bong Seon Hwa (Korean Nail Dying/Staining)????

@Anonymous I’ve tried this when I used to live in Korea as a child. My grandmother did it once for me because my mom wouldn’t let me wear nail polish 😥 I remember seeing people do it on TV and movies so I was super intrigued. I believe my grandmother crushed up the flowers and applied them onto my nails.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Has anyone tried Bong Seon Hwa (Korean Nail Dying/Staining)????

Yes! I lived in S. Korea for a few years and got to try this out. It is very similar to Henna but is made from the flowers and leaves of a different plant. It stains your nails a very similar reddish-orange but it can take a few coats (and several hours) to really develop. It stains your nails, skin, and any other surface it touches so many people recommend wrapping your fingers in plastic cling wrap overnight. I just applied the paste to the nails and watched a couple movies while they were left open and the extra staining was minimal. The nail dye lasted until they grew out and I ended up painting them towards the end because it looked weird at just the tips as it was growing. I wouldn't say the color is "pretty" on my skin tone, but I also couldn't get the really deep color some of the older ladies had. It was certainly fun and I would recommend trying it if you were considering it!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing