Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Nailed It
|

Formula X Being Discontinued?

So I was just on Sephora's website and noticed that all Formula X products are half off, and the selection of nail polish colors has diminished significantly.  

Is Formula X being discontinued?! If so, it'll be a bummer since I love The System and Formula X is the only nail polish I use.

Re: Formula X Being Discontinued?

@flutterbywisps@BrwnSugaG@loriannh@AreloriRami@SilverBeet@StephaniLynn@talinder@Tamara76@Samtian

Check out my post above.. Many of the Formula X colors are back on sale for $5.. Catch them while you can!!!

Thank you! I bought up a bunch! I'm sure I don't need them all. lol

Thanks for the tag!

Yay!   Thanks for the tag @willa25!   Still sad they are being discontinued, though... Smiley Sad

@hellopatricia@pdgog@dyslexia@heartsmyface

Check out my post above.. Many of the Formula X colors are back on sale for $5.. Catch them while you can!!!

Excellent, thanks @willa25!

For those looking for a new polish brand I suggest Innisfree from Korea. HUGE difference in quality from other brands. I bought some in Korea but I see it regularly at a decent price online. 

@GhostInTheShell, do you use a base coat/ top coat by them? I have tried so many things and my nails always chip withing a couple days.

Oh and to answer your question (in two replies), Formula X on my fingers chips within HOURs. I'm displeased with the formula. The Innisfree brand without base and top coats lasts for days without chipping at all I found. 

If you are looking for a Sephora product then the Perfect Formula products seem to last for a week or longer for me without showing day-to-day wear. By then the tips are wearing down but not obviously flaking off the nail. No colour choices though. 

All my personal experiences though. (@heartsmyface might be able to contribute more info).

Hi, no I haven't tried their base or top coats. My only experience is applying the polish directly to my nails. It stayed far longer than other brands (cough Formula X cough). All three of the Innisfree polishes I bought in Korea were very smooth when applying. There's a level of quality I think we just don't see usually. I'm forever spoiled now ;_;

Well, in just 11 months time we'll be walking myeongdong and we'll have to pick up the base and top coats.  

@GhostInTheShell funny that you mention Korean brands - I just picked up some Etude House nail polishes while in Asia and I'm really impressed at the quality! I just worn one for two weeks (admittedly two weeks of vacation, so little heavy lifting) with only minimal tip wear

Yes! I have a bunch of Etude & Innisfree polishes and they are fantastic,and dirt cheap to boot.I find my Korean brand polishes tend to be much better quality than my Western ones,as well.

Yes, they are amazing, right?!

Has anyone ever used Smith & Cult brand nail polish? The designers are the same people behind the original Hard Candy brand and they have some great reviews. I really like the colors but I can't get through my head paying $18 a bottle. If someone told me they used them before and they are good... well, then that would be a different story Smiley Happy

Smith & Cult Stockholm Syndrome:

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 10.30.15 PM.png

2. Smith & Cult Doe My Dear

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 10.29.33 PM.png

(images are from Beautylish)

@willa25 I have several Smith & Cult shades. S&C is in my top three favorite nail polish brands. Some of my favorite shades are Stockholm Syndrome, Kings & Thieves and Lo-Fi. I think these polishes are long lasting and chip resistant. The top coat and base coat I generally use are from Nails Inc so I can't speak to how S&C's perform. Tip, I see a lot of reviews complain about the cap. The metal cap pops off, makes application so much easier.

@vegchililover78, thanks so much for the feedback.. especially for saying you like Stockholm Syndrome! I found a coupon code for DermStore so it brings it down to $14.40 each with free shipping.  I'm thinking I will only buy one for right now just to try it out and then I can always buy more later. Thank you again!

@willa25 I have a handful of them (including the base and top coat). They're my HG polishes. Last for well over a week and they are super smooth to apply and dry quickly.

This is saying a lot seeing that they are impossibly hard to get in Canada (only available in some salons) and are $25-$28 a piece. But well worth it in my opinion.

The bottles are super adorable too so that helps a little. If you do end up picking some up, make sure to pop off the giant top cap to get the main brush top. I know a ton of people online complain how the bottles are stupidly designed because its hard to hold the giant decorative cap Smiley Wink

These are very pretty @willa25. They're like a grey/purple and grey/voilet color. (I stink at descriptions. Anyone feel free to right the correct description of these colors for meSmiley Happy)

Yep.. @NancieNano, notice any trends?!?! (Grey.. lol) I tend to like muted grey shades but I was really taken by the Stockholm Syndrome shade as I can't find another dupe for it. I think the other one (Doe My Dear) is similar to Porchester Square from Nails Inc which I of course, already own. I can't really justify buying a similar shade to what I already have so I think I'm going to start out buying just one to try it out and go from there. Smiley Happy

Hmmmm I wonder how OPI's taupe-less beach compares to those? I love taupe-less beach and the ones you posted are super pretty!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • IMG_4764.PNG
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 10.30.15 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 10.29.33 PM.png
  • makeup-wars-sephora-nails.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 3.40.36 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 3.40.16 PM.png
  • Capture1.PNG
  • Capture2.PNG