Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Nailed It
|

Formula X Being Discontinued?

So I was just on Sephora's website and noticed that all Formula X products are half off, and the selection of nail polish colors has diminished significantly.  

Is Formula X being discontinued?! If so, it'll be a bummer since I love The System and Formula X is the only nail polish I use.

Re: Formula X Being Discontinued?

@SootSoot, I've seen taupe-less beach and I like that color. I just haven't had good luck with OPI colors in the past. They tend to chip on me.

@willa25 i have one interesting glitter shade - vegas post apocalyptic. it wear pretty well, but its a glittery so i'm sure it can't be compared to their regular cremes.  

@underwhelmed11, thank you for the feedback. I think I've settled on buying one shade for right now just to try it out. I also appreciate what you wrote above about the Korean nail polish brands. I will definitely bookmark those sites and keep them in the running for the future.

I'm really disappointed b/c this was really the only nail polish line that held up long term for me against the elements. (Elements meaning dry erase markers.. I'm a teacher.. lol) 

I did some research and Formula X posted on Dec. 6th on their official Facebook page and ONLY two weeks ago on their Instagram page. So something must have happened really recently!

I only wish I was more up on this b/c I would have picked up their recent XCEL system as I thought that was their best at holding up. Oh well...

So with that being said, any recommendations on a long term, heavy duty, strong against the elements nail polish brand? Smiley Happy

I'm a teacher too, so I get what you mean! I use Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat over all of my nail polishes, and regardless of the brand, this makes it last really well for at least a week. 

@alexasteph, thanks for the tip! I'm currently on disability until February so I'm giving my nails a break until then but I'm glad to know someone else feels my pain with the dry erase markers!

I actually got a full size bottle of the Seche Vite in an Ulta GWP bag a few months and I was going to give it away! I'm so glad I just got this feedback from you. I will try out this top coat brand soon and thanks again for the advice!

Is Sephora discontinuing all nail polish?

Formula X is the only brand that's being completely discontinued. 

I was just in Sephora today, and they said it's being discontinued Smiley Sad.

I totally thought they were coming out with a new formula Smiley Sad Guess I'll be stocking up on my favorite colors! Does anyone know if Sephora also won't be carrying Butter London anymore? I've been wanting a shade for forever and it still has not restocked. The selection has almost diminished to almost nothing yet I didn't see any sales for Butter London.

@lmi82 @lydiatong @sammor I found Butter london at TJMaxx on sale!

@lydiatong I initially thought they were revamping their line as well. Completely shocked that they're closing the company. Hope you're able to grab some of your favorites!

Also, I do think that Butter London is being quietly phased out from Sephora. Smiley Sad

@lmi82 I'm extra sad now, butter london and formula x were my favorite nail polish brands from Sephora Smiley Sad

you can find butter london in ulta

I'm from Canada so no ultas here but thanks anyways!

This is sad news Smiley Sad ...love this brand ....

I'm so horrified. This is easily the best nail polish and remover and system. They only sell through Sephora now, so desperate for it to show up elsewhere. Crowd fund if need be!

Noooooo, favorite base coat is from formula x! It's not even available online to purchase by itself  Smiley Sad 

Yup, Formula X had my favorite base coat as well. Super bummed that they're closing shop. Smiley Sad

Found it at Tj Maxx set of 3 full sizes for $5. Sephora clearance for $16. I think I'm into gel nail polish.

Yeah I got the set of nail cleanser, primer and top coat from Marshals for the same price as you Smiley Very Happy @kovalevka

Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • IMG_4764.PNG
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 10.30.15 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 10.29.33 PM.png
  • makeup-wars-sephora-nails.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 3.40.36 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 3.40.16 PM.png
  • Capture1.PNG
  • Capture2.PNG