Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Nailed It
|

Formula X Being Discontinued?

So I was just on Sephora's website and noticed that all Formula X products are half off, and the selection of nail polish colors has diminished significantly.  

Is Formula X being discontinued?! If so, it'll be a bummer since I love The System and Formula X is the only nail polish I use.

Re: Formula X Being Discontinued?

😂 

See my pic below- this was their response to me asking if the line was going away (I'm True Talk Beauty). 

IMG_4764.PNG

sad to see that they won't be available anywhere else! 

Awww sad to see them go but I've got to say they are the first of recent Sephora departures that actually respond to customers/fans! This actually makes me want to give them even more business! If they are just going somewhere else, I'll be happy to buy and if they are closing shop I'm sad to see them go...

Yes, it's for sure being discontinued in its entirety.  Apparently, as of March, Formula X will cease to exist at Sephora.  Smiley Sad

It's all already almost gone though Smiley Sad   

Got lucky and snagged a few today, pretty bummed though, every couple of months I'd find myself grabbing a new bottle... Might try and go back and get a couple more if there's anything left.

i noticed this as well. too bad i guess

Formula X is owned by Sephora, so I don't think we've seen the last of them.  Originally, before being labeled Formula X, the line was called Sephora by OPI.  It was rebranded and launched in the fall of 2013, but their polishes have been inconsistent in quality, which may explain why they're pulling the line again.  I enjoy the variety of Formula X and have been collecting it over the years (230 colors!), so I'm hoping we haven't seen the last of it.

Sephora by OPI was a wholly other brand under the OPI umbrella, which is in turn owed by Coty. Sephora ended their relationship with OPI entirely in favour of the Formula X line -- which was briefly called Sephora X during a short period of crossover when they still carried Sephora by OPI. They revamped formulas (which were a little spottier than Fx has been overall) and re-launched as Formula X. It might be Sephora X that you were thinking of, but Sephora by OPI was never associated with Formula X in any way.

Formula X is owned by Kendo who is owned by LVMH not Sephora. Sephora is also a LVMH company. Kendo was started by Sephora, but is now an independent company.

Interesting story to tell you guys. I was in Sephora today and everything was discounted to $5. A sales associate passed by and I said, "You guys are taking Formula X out?" She replied saying "Yeah, there's no way in denying it because obviously everything is discounted to such a cheap price. We'd be promoting polishes from other brands from now on." Couple minutes later as I was still scraping through what was left of the colors, the lady next to me asked another associate if Sephoa was getting rid of Formula X. The associate said definitely no, Formula X is just changing their forumla and they're just getting rid of the old formulations. Two completey different responses in the same store. Wonder which one is right. 

Wow, that's crazy! 

They are ending their contract with Sephora. I'm not sure if they will reappear with other retailers.

😥😥😥

Smiley Sad darn. Thanks for the info. 

I hope not, it is one of my favorite formulasSmiley Sad

I think that it is or being scaled back.  At my Sephora, they removed the whole nail bar.

I was wondering the same thing! Formula X is my favorite nail polish! I hope it's not being discontinued!! 

I noticed it too. I had put a few things in my cart on Thursday including a few polishes. I decided to wait until Friday to purchase. When I looked on Friday the polishes in my cart were $5. I immediately went to the site and bought a bunch more. At that time they weren't even showing a sale price until you actually clicked the item. 

I hope it isnt being discontinued, it is one of my favorite brands. But I stocked up on polishes and base/top coats just in case 

Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • IMG_4764.PNG
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 10.30.15 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 10.29.33 PM.png
  • makeup-wars-sephora-nails.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 3.40.36 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 3.40.16 PM.png
  • Capture1.PNG
  • Capture2.PNG