Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Favorite Indie Nail Polish Brand

It was about seven years ago before I realized Indie polished brands existed and I've never been happier to make such a discovery! So many more options for polish shades and OMGeeee, the Holo's!!!! Have you ever purchased Indie polish? If so, what are your favorite brands? I adore INLP (I Love Nail Polish - www.INLP.com ) and CbL (Colors by Llarowe - www.llarowe.com ). Oh and an overall awesome site for Indie polish: www.livelovepolish.com

Re: I've had Rosewater on for 6 days, no chips! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Yay! This is a lovely one! 

Anonymous Insider

I found Rosewater, I want it! I really, really need to be rich!

http://www.ilnp.com/rosewater.html

Thanks for the tip, I've saved the link for the next time I have some money.

I would make a site account and sign up for emails. They have a points reward program that is nice, and if you add your birthday you'll get a point bonus. It may be enough to get a coupon for a discount on your order ๐Ÿ™‚

Also occasionally I've gotten "we miss you!" emails with a really good coupon. That may require an initial order though.

Anonymous Insider

@crystalcake

I've signed up and I'm getting emails about pre-ordering from their new line. If you pre-order you get free shipping and $1 off, and some of the polishes are stunning. Maybe most of them! And you get free shipping if you include one that's not a pre-order, so I can get Rosewater, too.

I've already spent too much on the holiday sales, how are you doing?

I'm doing so badly budgeting for all the sales, haha ๐Ÿ™‚ There seems to be so many more great sales this year than last year. I'm LOVING the new ILNP holiday colors though! I have my eye on a lot of them, especially Rogue, Salem, Soft Focus, and Sparks May Fly!

Anonymous Insider

@crystalcake

I finally got Rosewater and put it on! I went to a doctor's appointment and the receptionist complimented my nails!! That hasn't happened in years... I've had it on for a few days and it's still looking really good, so I'm going to leave it for awhile before I try another. I got five ILNPs, so I've got four more to try! Rouge or Tilted is next.

@RGbrown

Re: Favorite Indie Nail Polish Brand

Ohhhh - I'm also a huge ILNP fan!  What a fun thread! โค๏ธ  @mnichole

Her shades are AMAZING! I'm wearing Rosewater now & I jus...

Her shades are AMAZING! I'm wearing Rosewater now & I just keep looking at my nails! So pretty!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

ILNP and CbL are really good ones. I'm lately digging Pahlish and Great Lakes Lacquer, as well as Pretty Serious and Girly Bits. The new Halloween collection on pre-order from Pahlish  (This is Holo-ween) has some nice shades that I may have need to pick up when the pre-order window opens on October 15th.

Nice! I have shades from Pahlish too! Good stuff!

Nice! I have shades from Pahlish too! Good stuff!

Femme Fatale!

Oh yes! They are amazing!

Oh yes! They are amazing!

I love Picture Polish, A England, and Cirque. 

Anonymous Insider

@Beadshopgirl  -  I just got Picture Polish in Mythical - it's the purple that I have my hair streaked with! And I got Meow, a stunning green. I'm going to try stamping them with Silver (stamping polish from CJS). I have a new plate from Messy Mansion (MM72) that I'd like to use but I don't understand how to get just the part of the design that I want. But I now have some nail swatch things, so I can practice without putting it on my nails until I have something that I like!

With my set of pinks ( @Tamara76  ) I learned that you have to have good contrast! Subtle differences just don't work. I tried putting shades of pink together, and pink on blue, and it came out like something blurry. Not good.

@Tamara76  have you tried stamping yet?

Haven't had time to try stamping yet, but I've been test driving sooo many ILNP polishes! โค๏ธ   @Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

You are a tease, @Tamara76 ! I want the details !! (Actually, I want all their colors but I'll settle to hear which ones you've got. Pictures would be even better!)

Did you see the swatches of the new OPI colors? It's the Love OPI, XOXO Collection and I was SO tempted... such a beautiful purple and a fantastic pink..

@Anonymous I have not yet seen the new OPI collection - I'm sure I'll be tempted when I do! ๐Ÿ™‚

I have some of my ILNP looks posted in my new nail thread - Feel free to add your pics! โค๏ธ

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/Show-Me-Your-Nails-2-0/m-p/3457037#M12254

Anonymous Insider

https://hanninator.com/2017/10/10/opi-love-opi-xoxo/

@Tamara76

I saw Black Orchid ... my browser went nuts! I'm going to bed now.

Thank you, and goodnight to all.

Oh, I meant to say...I am very seriously photo-impaired. My last attempt was so bad, I don't have the words to describe it. Maybe when I put Mythical on I can get someone to take a picture of my fingers in my hair (if it matches like I think it will).

@Anonymous You can apply and scrape as usual, but lay a piece of paper with a shape cut out on top of it before you pick up with your stamper. (to isolate your chosen image). Or you can carefully remove the unwanted parts of your design from your stamper with some tape before you apply it to the nail. 

Anonymous Insider

@Beadshopgirl   You are brilliant! I'd thought of all sorts of things...except the simple piece of paper! That's the easiest for what I want to do.

Another piece of the puzzle is solved! ๐Ÿ˜‰

By far my favorite indie polish is Nine Zero Lacquer.  Her colors are always great, last a long time on my nails and always get compliments.

http://www.ninezerolacquer.com/

Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 67 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
testing