Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Favorite Indie Nail Polish Brand

It was about seven years ago before I realized Indie polished brands existed and I've never been happier to make such a discovery! So many more options for polish shades and OMGeeee, the Holo's!!!! Have you ever purchased Indie polish? If so, what are your favorite brands? I adore INLP (I Love Nail Polish - www.INLP.com ) and CbL (Colors by Llarowe - www.llarowe.com ). Oh and an overall awesome site for Indie polish: www.livelovepolish.com
Anonymous Insider

Re: Favorite Indie Nail Polish Brand

I don't think this is Indie but I don't know where else to ask it. Has anybody ever tried Smith and Cult nail polish?

@mnichole  - is there a way to ask everybody on the thread? I'm no good at this!

RE: Re: Favorite Indie Nail Polish Brand

I love Smith & Cult! They apply very well and feel so luxurious like you’re getting a manicure! They do start to chip after about a week and a half though.

I only tried their shattered souls nail polish (basically, golden glitter) that comes with the spacenk holiday heroes set. It's fabulous. 

RE: Re: Favorite Indie Nail Polish Brand

Hope you love it! This is 2 generous layers of shattered souls.

Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Re: Favorite Indie Nail Polish Brand

@fantaji

I do love it! I almost bought a set that included that, then decided I should wait until later. Thanks for showing that, it's really gorgeous!

Anonymous Insider

Thank you @fantaji ! I went ahead and ordered Dirty Baby, it's part of the spacenk collection, too. It's a glitter, might be black with lots of glitter, you know how it's so hard to tell on the screen sometimes! I needed to add something to my order to get $25 back (Bloomingdales), so basically it was free. I've seen that brand a lot but have never heard anything about it so knowing that something "fabulous" is coming is a very welcome feeling!

Anonymous Insider

Beyond the Nail!!

Beyond the Nail!!
Anonymous Insider

Has anyone tried Lauren B Beauty? I just found it on my favorite cruelty-free site, Petit Vour, and there's this color "South of the Blvd" that's saying "buy me, buy me now" to me! It's described as a "fuschia pink".

@Anonymous  Yes!  I have 33 Carats and a pink that I think is called Blushing Bride - they're pretty nice! ❤️

Anonymous Insider

Thank you @Tamara76 , it makes me feel better about spending so much when I know they're worth it! I saw 33 Carats today (I found the Lauren B Beauty site) and I was really tempted, that's so gorgeous. But I've been spending too much lately and buying too much nail polish - today I got a set of four pinks and a lovely blue by NCLA, another company that's new to me. I hope they look as good on as they do in the bottles! I found them on sale at shopspring.com, cost only $21 for all of them, so I guess now I can get one expensive one! 😉 The pinks are a great set if you like pink (I do).

Ohhhh - Please share a pic when your new polishes arrive!   I've received NCLA polishes in several subscription boxes - They're not bad. 🙂  @Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

@Tamara76   They arrived today! Here's the pinks:

https://www.shopspring.com/products/54302323

and the blue:

https://www.shopspring.com/products/53383111?query=NCLA+Bite-Sized+Blueberry

I don't think they say, but they're all full-size (.45 oz), the pinks aren't little. They have a look of good quality...I'd doing them tomorrow!

I was tempted to strip off my polish and try them as soon as I saw them! I just got a MoYou plate and I'm just learning how to stamp, so I'm up to trying different colors together, it doesn't have to end up looking like a manicure...more like ten separate fingers!

Yaaayyy!  Those pinks are beautiful!   Can’t wait to see your stamping!   I have no clue how to do all that, but @Beadshopgirl is an expert if you ever need advice.💗💗💗

@Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

@Tamara76 - yes, @Beadshopgirl got me into it! I was trying to figure out how to get started with nail art when she started the Nail Stamping thread here! She's great, she gave me a lot of really good advice. I never would have gotten anywhere without her help! Now I'm hooked and looking at polish in a whole different way. I never thought of wearing more than one color, now I'm thinking I could paint a nail with the palest pink and try stamping with the darkest, then reverse that on another nail, then pink and blue, blue and pink. I'm an addict!

Why don't you read the thread and see if you'd like to give it a try, too? If I can do it, anyone can! (I'm still at the early-beginner stage but it's FUN!)

@Anonymous I may just have to give stamping a try! ❤️ 

Anonymous Insider

@Tamara76- I think you'll love it! I saw a picture today of a nail design that won a prize, look here, at the ring finger:

https://moyou.co.uk/products/mani-bundle-borsch_nails

I have no idea how that was done, all those colors on one nail, using one image! I'll bet @Beadshopgirl would know. It's just one design on the plate, it's not like the ones where you get lots of images on the plate and you layer them. (I probably didn't describe that well because I really don't understand it!)

@Anonymous That's a technique known as advanced stamping decal making. 

Anonymous Insider

@Beadshopgirl

I found instructions for how it's done but I don't think I'd ever be able to do it. I'd need a large work area and one of those magnifying work lamps. I'd be lucky if I got one done in a day. And then I'd realize the color scheme was wrong!

Do you do that? I need to go back and study your pictures. My pink-on-pink fiasco showed me how much I have to learn! But that's okay, I still need to grow my fingernails some more and they're coming back to good health with all this attention they've been getting.

ILNP is my very favorite! I find it wears very well on me too...I can usually go a few days without chipping!

I've had Rosewater on for 6 days, no chips! 😊

I've had Rosewater on for 6 days, no chips! 😊
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 67 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
testing