Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Color Suggestions

Hi girls, I'm a transgender girl looking for your favorite colors

Re: Color Suggestions

@myperm I stick with a neutral skin tone color and add glitter when I want to name my nails look fancy. 

Color Suggestions

I prefer dark colors in winter time and pastel/light colors in spring and summer. I usually put a light glitter polish on top and it makes my nails stand out more.

@MochiRosa Hi, thank you for your opinions, it's very exciting becoming female, but there is so much to learn about makeup. If your a besides beauty insider check out my bras I bought today.

For fingernails I stick with pinks or reds. For toenails anything goes!

I probably own 30 different colors of nail polish (mostly Deborah Lippmann), but my favorites are in rose hues.  I will wear blues and grays on my toes, but on my fingers I keep to traditional pinks and roses and such.

@flamingolegs  thank you, I was leaning towards rose, I'm wearing a dress to work for the  first time (my coming out announcement ) so I want to look pretty.

I would suggest that you dress in something pretty but on the conservative side.  Don't be the bright orange pumpkin in a sea of kiwis.  Take your cue from what the other ladies at work wear.  Don't stand out, blend in.  You might also want to start by wearing women's slacks and blouses instead of going straight into dresses.  Just as your appearance has gradually changed, so should your attire.

@flamingolegs  what about a pink blouse, long raspberry skirt and two inch black heels?

Again, it depends on what the other ladies wear.  If they wear a lot of neutral colors, then I'd probably wear a black skirt with the pink blouse.  If they wear a lot of bright colors, you'll be fine.

@flamingolegs  okay, I have a nice a-line black skirt, one more thing, where is your favorite space to shop for bras, I'm wearing a 38AA but I think I'm ready for a B cup.

You probably don't need a lot of support, so really once you are fitted you should be able to shop any place.

Just be sure to put the bra on, put a clingy top on over it.  Jump around, walk around, and lean over a few times.  Make sure everything is still where it belongs and there are no unsightly bulges or anything pooping out top or bottom, and that it hasn't ridden up in the back or the straps aren't falling down or it's not a good fit or not the right bra for you.

Hi,

My coming out was horrible, the ladies were great ( they weren't surprised because they could see my bras under my light colored shirts ) but the males were just plain cruel, after work I just sat in my car and cried for an hour, it reminded me of when I was 16 and I would cry myself to sleep because I didn't have a va.... and wasn't doing my hair and makeup like the other girls. Then being a girly girl I went shopping to make myself feel better, that night I went and donated 20 new bras and 14 dresses to the local battered women's shelter, it made me feel good to see those in need so excited over the new clothes. All my girlfriends have showered me with new bras and dresses for months in honor of my big day ( they were to optimistic with the bra sizes, as I was measured as a 38AA ) So I still have 30 bras in all sizes and 15 dresses ( from Nordstrom ) to give away. Please send me your sizes and address, I would love to send you some things if I have your size.

Thank you for your kindness

AlyssaMy new lace dressMy new lace dress

My gorgeous brasMy gorgeous bras

I LOVE my brasI LOVE my bras

My first day at work nailsMy first day at work nails

I'm so sorry your coming out at work was awful. I wonder if some of the guys just didn't know what to say, and feeling awkward, said the wrong things. Or maybe some of them really are jerks. Try to remember that how they acted says something about them - not about you. I'm wondering if there might be a good Human Resources office where you work where you could get some help in dealing with the situation? Cruelty in the workplace should not be tolerated.

I am so proud of you for going to the shelter - it sounds as if it was a positive experience for you. Maybe it would be worth while going back with the rest of your stuff, and it might help to push the negative experience you had into the background and to let it get replaced with the knowledge that you are doing something wonderful for a group of needy and deserving people.

I think the nail colour was a great choice, and your bra photos are great!

Good luck with the days to come - I hope it goes better in the future.

@flamingolegs  THANK YOU SO MUCH, may I contact you after I go shopping?

Alyssa

Sure, feel free to reach out anytime.  If I don't get right back to you, I'm not ignoring you.  This is my really busy season at work and it can take me up to a week to get back online for anything other than work sometimes.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos4
  • My new lace dress
  • My gorgeous bras
  • I LOVE my bras
  • My first day at work nails
testing