Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Nailed It

3D Nail Art - Thoughts?

We've seen the crackle polish, the beads over polish, and texture polishes.  For quite some time, I've seen people use bigger, 3D nail art pieces, and they're bigger than the typical rhinestones and fimo pieces.  What do you all think of this trend?

Last week, I finally picked up some of the 3D bows I've seen all over Instagram.  I found them at Claire's when I heard the store was now carrying nail art goodies.  Here's a simple one color manicure with a bow for an accent nail.

The polish is Finger Paints Tiffany Imposter.  I like the bow pieces, and the different colors I have are adorable.  It's too thick to be encased in acrylic like rhinestones and fimo pieces, so I'm interested in seeing how well it holds up.  To make sure it had a really good hold, I used nail glue and Cina bonder and top coat.  I could have probably gotten by with just the Cina bonder.  

Although I like the trend (or whatever you want to call it), I think it can be easy to go overboard with it.  If someone applied two bows to every single nail, I think it would look tacky.  I'd also wonder how the person didn't yank her hair out with all of those bows lol.

Highlighted

Re: 3D Nail Art - Thoughts?

i like it a lot. Only issue I see would be it getting tangled in your hair.

I'll find out about that in a little bit lol.  I don't think it will be like the fimo pieces, though.

Very cute!  I really like the accent.  How long did it stay on?  A friend of mine got one of the Nails, Inc. Bling it on kits (Romance, I believe) and she said it stayed on for several days...I was really impressed!

Thanks!!  I applied them yesterday afternoon, and they are still on this morning.

This is seriously so cute. I'd do this for a wedding or something. Working in a lab, this would be not practical! I'm trying to imagine trying to put gloves on...

I really like the look for special occasions!  I think "less is more" in this circumstance, and you NAILED IT (lol, pun)

A single accent nail is great, but I don't like it when I see it on every nail. 

My friend did some bow art on me a bit ago, its so cute! I like the trend, it didn't last too long though;/

<3 Melissa

Those are adorable, melissabt!  The rhinestones and bows work amazingly well with that polish.  On my laptop, it looks like a pinkish nude shade?

Aww thank you Kimmi! He did a great job with themSmiley Happy It was a frosty pink shade (I forgot the color we used) since it was a few months ago. He painted over the bows with clear polish. It stayed a few hours. I think some sort of nail glue might be better.

<3 Melissa

i think its really cute, i'd love to try it.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • bow.JPG
  • 148761_3375258095093_31292236_n.jpg
  • 542287_3514677660495_1501982271_n.jpg
  • bow.jpg
  • 3dmls.jpg