Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Nailed It

101 Dalmatians French Manicure

I love Disney, especially the classic films that revolve around animals.  I still collect Disney merchandise, especially stuffed animals.  If I ever go to a Disney park, I am coming home with a trunk load of Disney stuffies! lol!

Anyway, I used 101 Dalmatians to play up a French manicure.  I only wish that I had different sizes of dotting tools.  I've been keeping an eye on them on eBay.  The red and blue glitter streaks represent the collars the boy or girl puppies wore.

dalmatian nails.JPG

The products I used:

China Glaze Inner Beauty

Essie Blanc

OPI Mourning Glory

Stripe Rite polishes in glitter red and blue

No puppies were harmed during the making of this manicure.

Re: 101 Dalmatians French Manicure

What a fun take on a Disney film! I normally use the brush itself for odd/organic forms of dotting, or even the tips of bobby pins! The rounded portion prevents digging into a basecoat. That blue glitter is super pretty!

Thanks!  Bobby pins is a good idea, but I've lost most of mine lol.  The few I still have I use in my hair lol.

I wish my nails would grow that long to really decorate them again! This terrible dry weather is making my nails a mess and no conditioning on them is helping.

I've got a lot of new polishes and jewels to try, its a matter of me being indecisive! Smiley Happy Thanks for sharing as always! I really love them! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Thank you!  I know what you mean about being indecisive.  I still have new supplies I haven't tried yet.  

Have you ever tried any of the Nutra Nail products?  I use the 5 to 7 day nail growth in order to maintain nail strength. It works pretty well as long as you don't use too much of it.

I just bought one! And a Sally blue nail gel, I had a heck of a time removing those sephora by opi lacquer strips and now my long nails are a wreck! I'll have to file them down booo Smiley Sad 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Let me know how you like the Nutra Nail product!  With the one I have, I have to be careful not to use it too often.  If I do, my nails feel sort of dry.  However, if I use it correctly, my nails stay strong and healthy.  Perhaps too much of a good thing is a bad thing? lol.

I've tried a couple of Sally Hansen products, and I have been very impressed with both of them.  They have a lot of products in their line, so it took me a while to decide on which ones to try first lol.

Your nails are so adorable!Smiley Happy Seriously you always do such a good job on every nail job you do. So adorable!

Thanks!  With the new semester coming up, I have a feeling there will be new added stress.  I will definitely need nail art breaks lol.

I love it! So a creative. I would try this out when I have the time. I use a tooth pick whenever I need to make dots or thin line instead of a dotting tool. 

Thank you!  It isn't too time consuming as long as the polish dries fairly quick, but I was watching tv at the same time so it took longer than necessary lol.

So cute! I am loving the clear base with the fun tips.

<3 Melissa

Thanks!  French manis are my favorite!

Kimmi that is adorable!! Love it!

I share your love for the old Disney movies! The Little Mermaid is my fave Smiley Happy

Old Disney is the best!!  I liked the Little Mermaid as kid, too.  I've always been more for the animal movies than the Princess ones.  I finally saw Beauty and the Beast for the first time ever last year, and I think Belle would have to be my favorite princess.

Beauty and the Beast is another great one! I always loved Belle when I was younger because she is a brunette like me! Smiley Wink I could make a day of watching old Disney movies (And singing all of the songs!)

I love watching beauty and the beast with my little boy,some things just couldn't be betterSmiley Happy

If I'm blessed to have a little boy when I'm older, I sure hope he will find interest the princess movies as well as the more boy-like ones! your son sounds like on cool kid! Smiley Happy

I really like this design it's so simple & sweet.  I always look forward to your manis because they are always inspiring.  Keep up the great work.

Thank you!  The nearby Sephora in JCP recently got in more brands of nail polish.  It was Heaven!

Then you're always carrying a nail tool with you! Smiley Tongue

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 36 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos2
  • dalmatian nails.JPG
  • image.jpg