Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|

tweening

Hi moms! In the past year, my 11 year old daughter has started to develop pimples. Not full blown acne but she will get a few big zits on her chin and multiple pimples on her forehead from time to time, usually around her hair line. I’ll admit, I am an obsessed pimple popper, which does not sit well for her, or me! (I can’t help it) If I can get her into a good skin regimen now, she might be thanking me for it later.

I’ve been doing research for the past few months and I feel frustrated that there is not a lot of teen beauty line products or recommendations.

I’ve read good old Neutrogena is great, and I’ve read something more “expensive”, like Murad Acne complex kit does wonders.

When I was a kid my mom gave me the choice of Clean and Clear or Neutrogena. And I had acne across my forehead which was devastating for me. So whatever I can do to help her now would be great.

I just don’t know what to try. The cheaper drugstore brands or right to the good stuff?! She has normal skin. Not dry. Not oily. But she is also VERY active. Lots of physical activity and sports.

I’ve used Burts Bees when she was little, but more so the wipes and body lotion.

I feel she needs a good daily moisturizer. Spf. But something that wont let her breakout. I don’t know. Any tween moms out there experiencing same?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

RE: tweening

I tried them all. Neutrogena, cetaphil, all of those drug store products and nothing helped. Some made it worse. I have found that since I’m lactose intolerant eating dairy will cause breakouts so I stay away from that. I also use DoTERRA products as my skin care. They are gentle and my skin has never looked better.
Anonymous Insider

Re: tweening

I am 13 and I know what its like to have acne. Personally, I use the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Foaming Wash to cleanse. Then, I use the BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bombto moisturize my face, and this is great for people who are young like your daughter and I. It smells citrusy and looks vintage and super cute, and it feels like your skin is taking a sip of ice cold water after you just ran a marathon. Absolutely amazing. Then, I would get her an over the counter spot treatment like Clindamycin but if you cant get it prescribed then get her the Clean and Clear Persa Gel 10, which is a benzyl peroxide spot treatment. I really hope this helps! I know when I was her age I would much rather have a cool teenager give me a bunch of fun gentle products to try rather than my mom nagging at me to wash my face with the harsh Clean and Clear orange face wash that burned my skin and gave me a rash. 

I've heard good things about Cetaphil as well @NLang.  I'd also suggest Neutrogena naturals purifying facial cleanser.  I find it works better than traditional Neutrogena. 

Clearasil cream is good for spot treating small breakouts, but it can bleach and fade fabric, so keep a towel on her pillowcases.

A good drugstore moisturizer / spf that dries down and doesn't cause breakouts is olay beauty fluid.  I used it through my teens and 20s, and it was great.  I agree that starting good habits young makes all the difference! 

Have her start using the Cetaphil daily facial cleanser! It is really light weight and won't stip down her beautiful youthful skin! I would also suggest using witch hazel as a toner for her skin! As for whether she feels insecure or not, I would have her use a concealer just to spot conceal! 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing