Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only

stretch mark prevention and repair

okay, so I'm early in my pregnancy but I've started seeing some stretch marks and I know they will get worse as I progress if I don't improve the elasticity. Recommendations?

Hello! I know this post has been up a few months, but I recently tried some cream that is literally erasing the stretch Mark's I have (and always had as far as I can remember) as well as getting rid of old pigment scar marks I have on my breasts from a hospital infection I suffered roughly 2 years ago. It is at Target and has raw, unscented Shea Butter. I rub it on 3 times a day. It has been about three weeks in and I am SO happy! It's from Shea Moisture.

Awww, Congrat's!! My mom used the liquid jelly Vitamin E pills during her pregnancy. She would crack them open and use the jelly inside to rub on her stomach. I remembered this during both my pregnancy's and did the same. My mother as well as my self had very minimal stretch marks and we both had two children. There are also several creams offered through different brands specifically for stretch mark prevention during pregnancy. Just try and choose one with good ingredients. Your family obgyn should be able to reccomend you the best product for your specific needs. But the vitamin E pills were a great addition to my tummy creams. Good luck in your endeavor, and again Congratulations!! Once the babies here there all just battle scars anyway. Very much worth it in the end. God bless!!

RE: stretch mark prevention and repair

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS! Like mentioned some people inevitably get stretch marks buttttt... Coconut oil will save you soooo much money and is just perfect for anything and everything. Also I used a lot of shea butter products and like others said DO NOT itch! Wanting to try the Brazilian Bum cream line though, heard it does a wicked job and a small amount goes along way! They have a couple sets out for the holidays to on super good prices!

Re: stretch mark prevention and repair

Previse Stretchmark cream is a little pricey but it is safe to use during pregnancy!

I used Mederma stretch mark cream, it worked wonders

I used Seabuckthorn ointment, specifically for stretch marks during pregnancy. You can get it at a health food store. My Dr. told me that stretch marks are hereditary, ask your mom if she has any. If mom does, chances are you will to.

I used vitamin e cream and had no stretch marks. Even the nurse during my delivery commented on having none! I also tried bio oil but had an allergic reaction to it. And I tried palmers coca butter but the bottle broke so I didn’t finish the bottle or re purchase it.

Some people have a genetic predisposition towards developing stretch marks and it sucks. During this pregnancy I've used a combination of pure organic coconut oil and Sol de Janeiro's Bum Bum cream. Sometimes I can't stand the smell of coconut oil but it works great at hydrating. A lot of people suggest shea butter or cocobutter products as well.

Lotion, lotion, lotion!!!! Always have it with you and apply generously as often as possible. Dont scratch your belly! It will itch like crazy as it expands, especially in the 3rd trimester! Just rub with the palm of your hands, not with those fingernails, and apply more lotion. Cut those nails so you wont do much damage if you scratch while asleep.  I would use any of Sephora Hand lotions or cremes on your belly. They are much thicker and seems to last longer. Also remember to apply to the thighs, breasts, and buttocks. Congrats!!!

I used Bio Oil and Mamma Mio Tummy cream on my belly when I was pregnant with my son every morning and night.  This will help prevent the stretch marks from being more noticeable. 

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing